+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> February 2020 AOR <<<***

NewDestination

Star Member
Feb 9, 2020
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.
Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file.
Can anybody help me In understanding this web form response please? When I called last week they said eligibility is passed and security has not been initiated.
U at least got someone to look at ur profile and update ur application status, not a generic response :)

IRCCExpress

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
Med's Done....
10-03-2020
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.
Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file.
Can anybody help me In understanding this web form response please? When I called last week they said eligibility is passed and security has not been initiated.
Looks like the response I got. I would assume now reading multiple updates here (when GCMC mentions everything is passed just COPR is pending) that only final approval is pending by an officer. All the processes are complete.

Congratulations. You will get your CoPR soon.

Dee O

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
We are in the same boat. The COVID-19 situation in the US isn't helping :(
Hi fcwtx, did you get any update on your application? Security is still pending here, which really sucks but still hope this all gets done soon

Kamal001

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
Looks like the response I got. I would assume now reading multiple updates here (when GCMC mentions everything is passed just COPR is pending) that only final approval is pending by an officer. All the processes are complete.

Congratulations. You will get your CoPR soon.
Thank you and I hope the same for you.

fcwtx

Apr 29, 2020
Hi fcwtx, did you get any update on your application? Security is still pending here, which really sucks but still hope this all gets done soon
I got a webform response last week: eligibility met, security background verification not initiated, criminal background verification in progress. It's been like this since late April :(

rogerEE

Mar 13, 2020
Category........
FSW
I don't think that it is slow, I just think that they are not able to send PPR for outlands, even if everything is completed and aproved. Until the travel restrictions are lifted I don't think they will be sending PPRs to outlanders (even though they "should" at least to people residing in the US per their announcement on IRCC website).
I don't think travel restriction is the key here, the exemption for outlanders sounds more practical.

DoodlerX

Oct 30, 2019
I don't think travel restriction is the key here, the exemption for outlanders sounds more practical.
Based on the news/articles, expired COPR seems be a problem. People cannot travel because of several issues outside of their control, in addition to the difficulties making sure people quarantine as expected. for example, people who need a visa counterfoil cannot get it in time to travel because the consulates are closed.

Its a shi*y situation for everybody. Hopefully things will get better.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

rogerEE

Mar 13, 2020
Category........
FSW
Based on the news/articles, expired COPR seems be a problem. People cannot travel because of several issues outside of their control, in addition to the difficulties making sure people quarantine as expected. for example, people who need a visa counterfoil cannot get it in time to travel because the consulates are closed.

Its a shi*y situation for everybody. Hopefully things will get better.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html
Yeah, it's really a bizzare moment for us, stay strong:)

Jeddie

Feb 12, 2020
For those whose eligibility is cleared : did your employer get verification call fromIRCC , before it is cleared ? Pls tell me , I didn’t get still