+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> February 2020 AOR <<<***

Formah

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Its weird that I got two ghost updates in the last week. I called IRCC and asked the agent if he's able to see any updates but they were not able to see any updates in my application. Does anybody have any idea? Initially I thought my security check is completed or criminality but it wasn't related to that at all. Eligibility was done in June.
Is your visa office in Canada?

Jun 17, 2020
I am a FSW - outland applicant with AOR FEB 28. Medical Pass: March 6th, Biometrics completed: March 9th. Processing center is Ottawa, Ontario.

I have raised a Web form in june and again one more recently. Both has the same response. Even though Biometrics are completed in early March, even criminal background is not started even after 6 months processing time is completed, is it normal or is it an issue. I have Requested GCMS notes in june and it has been 75 days and i havent got any updated regarding the GCMS notes.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

· The eligibility review has been met

· The security background verification has not been initiated.

· The criminal background verification has not been initiated.

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Same boat. Last update was in June. Called IRCC on July 09, rep said that my application is waiting for final approval and it could be tomorrow or two months, he couldn't tell. Then I requested GCMS notes on 7/15 and received on 7/22 - which confirmed that all steps are passed. Submitted webform on 7/21 and received canned response today -
I just received the same exact generic response to last week's webform. And I did ask specifically about eligibility/security/criminality. I am pretty sure that this is an automatic generated answer.

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Did u get the response? I raise the webform on monday and got reply today. It is a generic response with no information about the status of application :(
Yes, same (see my previous post). I think our responses were generated automatically because an agent could not reply in time (5 business days).

NewDestination

Star Member
Feb 9, 2020
Yes, same (see my previous post). I think our responses were generated automatically because an agent could not reply in time (5 business days).
I think so too. They set an automatic response at 4.30 of the fifth day because an agent could not reply :(. I may wait and order a gcms

moody16

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
Just curious, did anyone here get their CoPR without giving Biometrics for inland applicants? I'm wondering if they are looking at this case by case now. They only implemented biometric requirements for inlands in December 2019.

Reactions: VACK

rogerEE

Mar 13, 2020
Category........
FSW
I am a FSW - outland applicant with AOR FEB 28. Medical Pass: March 6th, Biometrics completed: March 9th. Processing center is Ottawa, Ontario.

I have raised a Web form in june and again one more recently. Both has the same response. Even though Biometrics are completed in early March, even criminal background is not started even after 6 months processing time is completed, is it normal or is it an issue. I have Requested GCMS notes in june and it has been 75 days and i havent got any updated regarding the GCMS notes.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

· The eligibility review has been met

· The security background verification has not been initiated.

· The criminal background verification has not been initiated.
It looks your eligibility is probably recommended pass. But weird your criminality is still not done, it should be done real quick.