Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Feb-2017
Can someone please clarify what ghost update is ?
Today morning when I logged on to my IRCC account, I saw something like Application Update in place of READ. I did not realize, and when I logged on 2nd time. I saw it again.
Did not receive any emails though. Were those ghost updates ?
It is likely that your eligibility or security is passed. Can you please let me know your VO and AOR?

DICAROD

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
February 28th 2020
Med's Done....
March 6th
Hey guys,
I applied for PR on Feb 20, 2020 from Vancouver BC. I couldn't get my biometrics done due to COVID, and biometrics are closed "until further notice". I was looking online yesterday and I could make an appointment to go to Washington and get my biometrics done early September... has anyone done this? if so would you recommend it? Or should I just wait until biometrics open in Canada? I am already in the process of applying for my bridging visa as it is expiring in the next couple of months.
What I know is: IRCC already says that if you are in CANADA waiting for Biometrics, you cant leave the country to get biometrics done.

While biometrics collection is temporarily suspended at Service Canada locations, do not go to another biometrics collection point, including

• Canadian ports of entry (POEs)
  • other international biometrics collection sites
Here is the link if you want to confirm: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html

ayeetee

Jun 11, 2020
Aor 6th feb Ottawa
Eligibility Recommended pass 3rd march
Long silence
Adr for spouse's passport 14th August
Called ircc. Eligibility passed, security passed. Criminality passed
Happy to read your words. We have the same AOR and VO. My eligibility was met on February 24th. Long silence since March 4th after I gave biometrics the day before...

nkalassa

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
What I know is: IRCC already says that if you are in CANADA waiting for Biometrics, you cant leave the country to get biometrics done.

While biometrics collection is temporarily suspended at Service Canada locations, do not go to another biometrics collection point, including

Here is the link if you want to confirm: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html
Hi, I left Canada in February and have my biometrics scheduled for tomorrow in Rwanda, traveled a long way for it. I was reminded that I had to submit my biometrics on a webform reply last week for my application to move forward. That was after submitting more evidence regarding Review Required sections of my GCMS notes. I'd rather travel internationally and have my application moving then waiting for those offices to open next year.

IRCCExpress

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
Med's Done....
10-03-2020
Hi, I left Canada in February and have my biometrics scheduled for tomorrow in Rwanda, traveled a long way for it. I was reminded that I had to submit my biometrics on a webform reply last week for my application to move forward. That was after submitting more evidence regarding Review Required sections of my GCMS notes. I'd rather travel internationally and have my application moving then waiting for those offices to open next year.
If it is mentioned specifically not to go to international biometrics collection point I would not travel. They have mentioned that the application will not be refused.
I know its difficult for everyone to wait, especially inland applicants whose future depends on this process. But I would not jeopardize my current situation. I understand the validity on your work permit might be running out or any other reason, call IRCC and look for other ways rather than explicitly doing what they have asked not to.

Rajsohal

Jul 29, 2020
Hi everyone,
Aor -12 feb
Yesterday I recieved email from etobicoke visa office regarding Confirmation of Permanent Residence Information Required by Officer .

In order to compete your application for permanent residence via virtual landing - please confirm that the following are all in Canada. If you/your family are in Canadaplease indicate the date you entered Canada and the port of entry that you entered and Canadian address. (Both original and last entry dates are required)

am I expecting Corp soon ?
Thanks

nkalassa

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
If it is mentioned specifically not to go to international biometrics collection point I would not travel. They have mentioned that the application will not be refused.
I know its difficult for everyone to wait, especially inland applicants whose future depends on this process. But I would not jeopardize my current situation. I understand the validity on your work permit might be running out or any other reason, call IRCC and look for other ways rather than explicitly doing what they have asked not to.
What do you mean by jeopardize your situation? What they say is just a recommendation?
Don't just try to scare people here. I don't see how I would harm my application by providing my biometrics. If you have nothing tosay I think it's better to keep quiet.

Reactions: IRCCExpress

IRCCExpress

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
Med's Done....
10-03-2020
What do you mean by jeopardize your situation? What they say is just a recommendation?
Don't just try to scare people here. I don't see how I would harm my application by providing my biometrics. If you have nothing tosay I think it's better to keep quiet.
Perfect. Will keep quite.

Just to let you know, https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html

This URL says

But yeah, we are just scaring everyone.
Go to Washington. Visit USA where they have highest number of COVID cases. Good luck. Will keep shut going forward.

To the people I am in touch with, will keep you posted personally.

IRCCExpress

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
Med's Done....
10-03-2020
Hi everyone,
Aor -12 feb
Yesterday I recieved email from etobicoke visa office regarding Confirmation of Permanent Residence Information Required by Officer .

In order to compete your application for permanent residence via virtual landing - please confirm that the following are all in Canada. If you/your family are in Canadaplease indicate the date you entered Canada and the port of entry that you entered and Canadian address. (Both original and last entry dates are required)

am I expecting Corp soon ?
Thanks
That means you got your Permanent Residency. Congratulations...!! Way to go... :D

Sorry for posting again. Just wanted to congratulate someone.

nkalassa

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
Perfect. Will keep quite.

Just to let you know, https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html

This URL says

But yeah, we are just scaring everyone.
Go to Washington. Visit USA where they have highest number of COVID cases. Good luck. Will keep shut going forward.

To the people I am in touch with, will keep you posted personally.
Did you read my previous post?
What you're talking about is for people in Canada. We are all equal when it comes to immigration, don't try and act like your understanding is better than others.