+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> February 2020 AOR <<<***

rogerEE

Mar 13, 2020
Category........
FSW
There is no set criteria as to which stage will happen first and which will happen second. It is not stipulated in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act or the Regs. However, I have explained this in my old posts as to why the sequence that happens is most logical.

1. R10 or completeness check. This is the first stage, and if an application is incomplete, it will be rejected. This is the easiest stage and takes very little time.

2. Medicals and Criminality. They happen along with R10. If an applicant is inadmissible due to medicals and admissibility, there is no point going ahead. The criminality in most cases is based on PCCs the Meds is done by the medical division under Health Canada.

3. Then comes eligibility, which takes the most time and each document is reviewed and the score is compared with what was claimed in the profile.

4. After eligibility security starts. This is because, security involved CBSA, CSIS and other agencies, and sometimes international agencies too. To read more on the procedure, see https://bit.ly/3iNGsLY
If an applicant fails eligibility, there is no point going ahead with security and involving all the external agencies.

It is based on the above that I say that only after eligibility is passed, the security will start.

However, if you see that your security started before eligibility, then there may be an exception. Just like for many CEC inland applicants, who have the PCMP PCC pending, their security will start pending the PCC.

Also, in your case, "like page 82 or so, the APPLICATION 1 said about eligibility that old value is 'RECOMMENDED PASSED', and new value is 'PASSED" so your eligibility is passed.

See the last 3-7 pages, this is where the notes are. If your notes looks like this #3,199

then your eligibility is passed.
Thanks man! Indeed the eligibility passed on Aug 11 in the notes and with a GU corresponding to it at the same day. Now that I found in my case security initiates before eligibility passed(after eligibility recommended passed) I can link this to the prior GU I got on Jul 28, hope that could mean something good. Thanks again for your detailed explanation.

Last edited:

Megha_1990

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
My application mark 100% today, but no updates yet.

this is mentioned in my profile today under application status: "Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.

About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.

If you aren't seeing updates, contact us using this Web form. Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to."

Does everyone see this message when they cross 100% ?

Regards,
Megha

akhil994

Star Member
May 15, 2019

this is mentioned in my profile today under application status: "Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.

About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.

If you aren't seeing updates, contact us using this Web form. Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to."

Regards,
Megha
Yes that's standard for everyone. Welcome to the club :)

Sep 25, 2019

Regards,
Megha
Even I have received a similar response. Planning to apply GCMS notes for satisfaction!

ABayona

Jul 13, 2020
Hey guys,
I applied for PR on Feb 20, 2020 from Vancouver BC. I couldn't get my biometrics done due to COVID, and biometrics are closed "until further notice". I was looking online yesterday and I could make an appointment to go to Washington and get my biometrics done early September... has anyone done this? if so would you recommend it? Or should I just wait until biometrics open in Canada? I am already in the process of applying for my bridging visa as it is expiring in the next couple of months.

IRCCExpress

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
Med's Done....
10-03-2020
Hey guys,
I applied for PR on Feb 20, 2020 from Vancouver BC. I couldn't get my biometrics done due to COVID, and biometrics are closed "until further notice". I was looking online yesterday and I could make an appointment to go to Washington and get my biometrics done early September... has anyone done this? if so would you recommend it? Or should I just wait until biometrics open in Canada? I am already in the process of applying for my bridging visa as it is expiring in the next couple of months.
Will you be allowed back in Canada on work-permit/study-permit due to travel restriction ?
I am not sure if they are allowing non Permanent Residents in Canada. But do your home-work before making a trip to US, as they are on the peak.

ABayona

Jul 13, 2020
Will you be allowed back in Canada on work-permit/study-permit due to travel restriction ?
I am not sure if they are allowing non Permanent Residents in Canada. But do your home-work before making a trip to US, as they are on the peak.
I should be allowed... Because I'm an essential worker, plus I reside in Canada. But I will definitely double-check. I think that is my biggest concern.

Reactions: IRCCExpress

haris_rasheed

Jul 13, 2018
AOR 3rd Feb 2020
Fsw VO Ottawa
Eligibility recommended passed 23 feb
First Ghost update 14 August
Called IRCC 17 Augest
Eligibility and security passed on 14 August. As per agent.
Ordering GCMS just for reconfirmation.

Reactions: AshRK and rogerEE

IRCCExpress

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
Med's Done....
10-03-2020
Can someone please clarify what ghost update is ?
Today morning when I logged on to my IRCC account, I saw something like Application Update in place of READ. I did not realize, and when I logged on 2nd time. I saw it again.
Did not receive any emails though. Were those ghost updates ?

Djsingh44

Star Member
Aug 23, 2019
Germany
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
22-12-2019
Med's Done....
13-01-2020
Today morning when I logged on to my IRCC account, I saw something like Application Update in place of READ. I did not realize, and when I logged on 2nd time. I saw it again.
Yes. These are ghost updates means some movement in your file.

gabbar0101

Jun 26, 2020
Yep those are ghost updates - good news is on the way!