Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi guys,
Is there any difference between “your background check is in progress” and “we are processing your background”?

and background check stated in our account includes criminal and security, correct?
Both are same. Background check is a generic terms comprising of criminality, info sharing and security screening. Of this security screening will only start after Eligibility Review is "Passed"

Reactions: UniSaverH

nadeem84

Mar 24, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Hi guys,
Is there any difference between “your background check is in progress” and “we are processing your background”?

and background check stated in our account includes criminal and security, correct?
What exactly your background check status. Also your AOR and stream plz

codeheals

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
Update:

Just received a webform reply from IRCC: "We verified the information on file and are pleased to confirm that the Hong Kong Police Certificate was received by the responsible office."

Best holiday ever. Can't wait for my criminality passed and the COPR (fingers crossed).
Update:

Just called IRCC, the agent (Charles) on the phone was super nice and helpful.

I provided my application number, and he verified my Name, DOB, Address and email address.

After that, he immediately provided the status of my application. He confirmed IRCC have received my police certificate, VO is in Ottawa, and criminal background check is in progress (the last thing before COPR). He also said my file last updated on July 31, 2020.

Reactions: UniSaverH

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Update:

I provided my application number, and he verified my Name, DOB, Address and email address.

After that, he immediately provided the status of my application. He confirmed IRCC have received my police certificate, VO is in Ottawa, and criminal background check is in progress (the last thing before COPR). He also said my file last updated on July 31, 2020.

wow congratulations! :)

Jul 24, 2020
Update:

Are you an Inland or Outland applicant..??

Keiddianago

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Update:

Hi Codeheals,

Did you ask specifically about security? And did you give the biometric?

codeheals

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
Hi Codeheals,

Did you ask specifically about security? And did you give the biometric?
Security was passed on May 8, 2020, and I got a GU. I have confirmed both by calling + GCMS notes.

I gave my biometrics on March 4, 2020. So the only thing missing is have an officer look into my file, check off the Criminality, and DM. Fingers crossed.

Keiddianago

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Security was passed on May 8, 2020, and I got a GU. I have confirmed both by calling + GCMS notes.

I gave my biometrics on March 4, 2020. So the only thing missing is have an officer look into my file, check off the Criminality, and DM. Fingers crossed.
Congrats! That‘s great!

liispa

Jul 5, 2020
Update:

Wonderful, congrats!

Shane999

Jan 7, 2020
Hello. My AOR is Jan 23,2020 CEC inland
In assessment section said final Approved and in note 1 it says
Text : officer reviews. Integrated search completed. NAI. All requirement met. Approved. What does that mean? I haven’t got any email or PPE yet

asdfghj

Aug 29, 2019
Hello. My AOR is Jan 23,2020 CEC inland
In assessment section said final Approved and in note 1 it says
Text : officer reviews. Integrated search completed. NAI. All requirement met. Approved. What does that mean? I haven’t got any email or PPE yet
When its approved?

Ndera

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Hi guys,

When I sent my first webform asking for the progress of my application and got the following response:

The background verifications are currently valid.
The security background verification is currently valid.
The criminal background verification is currently valid

I realised they didn't mention about eligibility like I had asked and sent another webform and got the following response:

The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.

On my third webform in under 2 weeks asking what 'currently valid' meant I got the following response:

-The eligibility review has been met.

-The security background verification has been met.

-The criminal background verification has been met.

Please note the second and last webform came 3 days apart. Guys, Im even more confused now. Are these guys just playing around with words lol? . Does this now confirm that im just waiting for PPR? Please help.

Thanks in advance.