+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> February 2020 AOR <<<***

silverlinings

Star Member
Mar 12, 2020
I received the same request 2 weeks ago. I am also PNP-O. Feb, 8.
Not sure what that means for my application.
It’s good news because it likely means you have passed all the stages and now they require you to pay the right of permanent residence fee so that you can receive your PR. Remember that if you had paid upfront and they rejected your spot that’s the fee that they refund. So if they are requesting you to pay it it means they have granted you PR and now need the fee for it. congratulations

Reactions: Mike@2019

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
It’s good news because it likely means you have passed all the stages and now they require you to pay the right of permanent residence fee so that you can receive your PR. Remember that if you had paid upfront and they rejected your spot that’s the fee that they refund. So if they are requesting you to pay it it means they have granted you PR and now need the fee for it. congratulations
Thank you for your reply. I raised a web form and asked for the specifics of my application but I only got the generic reply. I guess some people are luckier than others.
I will raise another one after a month and you know.

PS: I have been reading your post/reply and noticed you're always very optimistic and encouraging. We need people like you on this forum.

Reactions: silverlinings

saic

Apr 24, 2020
Hello All

I raised a Webform last Thursday and got the below response today.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:
Your application was received via Your account on February 4, 2020.
Your application meets the eligibility requirement under the immigration program for which you have applied,

• The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification has not been initiated.
· Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre (CPC-O) in Ottawa, Ontario.

AOR-4th FEB
Medical-14th FEB
Biometrics-2nd March

Joenelly

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Hello people.

Got a mail yesterday requesting for RPRF. I've paid this morning. Any idea what this means for me?

Timeline-
AOR- 20th Feb
MEP - 3rd March
BIO - 9th March.
Stream - PNP Outland.

subramani_vs

Aug 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Feb-2017
Hello All

I raised a Webform last Thursday and got the below response today.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:
Your application was received via Your account on February 4, 2020.
Your application meets the eligibility requirement under the immigration program for which you have applied,

• The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification has not been initiated.
· Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre (CPC-O) in Ottawa, Ontario.

AOR-4th FEB
Medical-14th FEB
Biometrics-2nd March
Did you got any ghost update recently? I too raised a web form and got an update last week that eligibility is in process. But when I logged into my account today, my application was updated. Does that mean my eligibility is passed now? Since your eligibility is passed, I wanted to know understand if you got to see "Application updated" while you logged in.

subramani_vs

Aug 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Feb-2017
Hello people.

Got a mail yesterday requesting for RPRF. I've paid this morning. Any idea what this means for me?

Timeline-
AOR- 20th Feb
MEP - 3rd March
BIO - 9th March.
Stream - PNP Outland.
I share the same timeline and stream as yours. Did you got to know about your eligibility status? If that is cleared, you are probably nearing the date to receive the golden email. :)

saic

Apr 24, 2020
Did you got any ghost update recently? I too raised a web form and got an update last week that eligibility is in process. But when I logged into my account today, my application was updated. Does that mean my eligibility is passed now? Since your eligibility is passed, I wanted to know understand if you got to see "Application updated" while you logged in.
I checked my application this morning and I don't see any GU on it. under "Review of eligibility" it still says "we are reviewing your application". As far as I know, the GU will be only for Background. What does your eligibility and background check say ?

silverlinings

Star Member
Mar 12, 2020
Hello people.

Timeline-
AOR- 20th Feb
MEP - 3rd March
BIO - 9th March.
Stream - PNP Outland.
it means you can pop some champagne (if you’re into that) and celebrate. Of the fees that you’ve paid IRCC the RPRF fee is one of the ones they refund if your application is rejected. They wouldn’t ask you to pay that if your application isn’t ready to receive PR. Congratulations!!!!
The Right of Permanent Residence Fee(RPRF) is paid by permanent resident applicants when their applications are approved. Permanent residence status is not granted until the RPRF is paid.Jan 30, 2020
https://www.cic.gc.ca › answer
What is the Right of Permanent Residence Fee?

Reactions: Joenelly

subramani_vs

Aug 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Feb-2017
I checked my application this morning and I don't see any GU on it. under "Review of eligibility" it still says "we are reviewing your application". As far as I know, the GU will be only for Background. What does your eligibility and background check say ?
GU will be only for background is a news for me. My eligibility is "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" and background check remains the same when I submitted my application "We are processing your background check ... message if we need more information"

silverlinings

Star Member
Mar 12, 2020
Thank you for your reply. I raised a web form and asked for the specifics of my application but I only got the generic reply. I guess some people are luckier than others.
I will raise another one after a month and you know.

PS: I have been reading your post/reply and noticed you're always very optimistic and encouraging. We need people like you on this forum.
Thank you. Everyone needs encouragement right? This can be a very stressful process.

Reactions: Mike@2019

saic

Apr 24, 2020
GU will be only for the background is news for me. My eligibility is "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" and background check remains the same when I submitted my application "We are processing your background check ... message if we need more information"
Yes bro you got a GU. I was reading some posts and Background check will have 3 phases

False IP2 -We are processing your background check ... message if we need more information
Real IP1- Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check
Real IP2-We are processing your background check ... message if we need more information

subramani_vs

Aug 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Feb-2017
Yes bro you got a GU. I was reading some posts and Background check will have 3 phases

False IP2 -We are processing your background check ... message if we need more information
Real IP1- Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check
Real IP2-We are processing your background check ... message if we need more information
First GU I got was after my MEP and this is one is second GU. Ideally, my background status should have changed by this time but it didn't. Again, these are all identified as the steps that an application might go through. But many of them have got PPR without GU. Coming days will tell where our application stands.

Waiting hopefully ...

Joenelly

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
I share the same timeline and stream as yours. Did you got to know about your eligibility status? If that is cleared, you are probably nearing the date to receive the golden email. :)
I'm yet to raise a webform so can't say concerning the eligibility. Just got the mail and paid. I'd send a webform coming week and see how it goes.

I pray we all receive good news soon.

Joenelly

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
it means you can pop some champagne (if you’re into that) and celebrate. Of the fees that you’ve paid IRCC the RPRF fee is one of the ones they refund if your application is rejected. They wouldn’t ask you to pay that if your application isn’t ready to receive PR. Congratulations!!!!
The Right of Permanent Residence Fee(RPRF) is paid by permanent resident applicants when their applications are approved. Permanent residence status is not granted until the RPRF is paid.Jan 30, 2020
https://www.cic.gc.ca › answer
What is the Right of Permanent Residence Fee?
This is quite comforting. Thanks for this re-assurance.

I wish you luck in your application.