+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> February 2020 AOR <<<***

silverlinings

Star Member
Mar 12, 2020
AOR 2nd Feb

I emailed asking if my eligibility was met and got the response below.

Anybody know why they did not mention eligibility etc? Is this a good news email or not?

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• The background verifications are in process.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
I also didn’t get any comment on eligibility. I hope someone can give some insight.

silverlinings

Star Member
Mar 12, 2020
Got this response on the web form:

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

• The Case Processing Center in Ottawa, Ontario, established that your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
  • The background verifications are currently in process.
  • The security verifications are not in process yet.
  • The criminality verifications are currently in process.
· All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Does this mean that eligibility is passed? Also, my AOR is Feb 1. I have seen a lot of cases on this forum whose application are much further in consideration that mine. Looks sad :(
any ideas about center in Ottawa? How fast do they work?
Yes! You’re eligibility is definitely passed. They clearly state that your application meets the eligibility requirements. Looks like you’re well on your way to PPR! Congratulations

Alenaalena

Mar 10, 2020
Yes! You’re eligibility is definitely passed. They clearly state that your application meets the eligibility requirements. Looks like you’re well on your way to PPR! Congratulations
Thank you for the reply!
however, everything else is either in process or not initiated yet. So, I don’t know what to think :) neither security/criminality nor background is passed :(

silverlinings

Star Member
Mar 12, 2020
Thank you for the reply!
however, everything else is either in process or not initiated yet. So, I don’t know what to think :) neither security/criminality nor background is passed :(
Well Unless you have something to worry about ito security/criminality those two shouldn’t worry you. Otherwise you’ve passed what I think is the hardest step, hope it really is smooth sailing from here.

Alenaalena

Mar 10, 2020
Well Unless you have something to worry about ito security/criminality those two shouldn’t worry you. Otherwise you’ve passed what I think is the hardest step, hope it really is smooth sailing from here.
Nothing to worry, I guess :) thank you for the explanation. The fact that the background is still in progress seemed for me like nothing is moving. But really thank you for your advice!

subramani_vs

Aug 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Feb-2017
Below is the response from IRCC for my latest web form.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

In addition, we can confirm that:

• The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Does this mean ADR in on the way? Also what does "Criminal background verification is currently valid" means?

subramani_vs

Aug 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Feb-2017
I also got a reply:

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

· The application is still in process at the Case Processing Centre (CPC-O) in Ottawa, Ontario.

The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,

Im Cec inland. AOR Feb20
What stage am I? Are they fast in Ottawa office? What does criminality BG is valid? Is it just pcc?

Thanks!!
I have the same timeline and got the same reply as yours. I'm PNP outland candidate.

subramani_vs

Aug 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Feb-2017
Single or with Co-applicants ? I think this factor also affects processing time
I've applied for my family as well, not a single applicant.

Aronkus

Feb 13, 2020
Hi all, I got this response on the 21st of April after sending them on 15th of April. I am AOR feb 4, FSW-O
Medical passed/bil- feb 14

Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.
  • The responsible office reviewed the eligibility requirements under the class for which you have applied. You can expect to be contacted if additional information is necessary.
  • · The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • · The criminal background verification has not been initiated.

silverlinings

Star Member
Mar 12, 2020
Below is the response from IRCC for my latest web form.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

In addition, we can confirm that:

• The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Does this mean ADR in on the way? Also what does "Criminal background verification is currently valid" means?
What is your stream and timeline.