+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> February 2020 AOR <<<***

Rupinder11

May 1, 2020
Hello guys, today my application reached to 50%. There is a slight change in Application status, before it says "you will not hear from us for a little while , this is normal..." to "Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along."
But in the Details about your application status there's no change. BG status is still "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
That happens with everyone.

Reactions: rogerEE

penacare

Star Member
May 22, 2017
Hi, I receive the Biometrics Instruction Letter on the 28th of February the same day I scheduled an appointment for the 19th of March (which was the closest date available), and due to the state of Emergency, the appointment was cancelled. I know they gave automatically 90 days. But, now there is less than 1 month left until the letter expires again. Will they extend the validity of the letter? has anyone experienced the same situation? Thanks for your help!

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Hi, I receive the Biometrics Instruction Letter on the 28th of February the same day I scheduled an appointment for the 19th of March (which was the closest date available), and due to the state of Emergency, the appointment was cancelled. I know they gave automatically 90 days. But, now there is less than 1 month left until the letter expires again. Will they extend the validity of the letter? has anyone experienced the same situation? Thanks for your help!
Hi, I am in the same situation and I contacted IRCC via Web Form and here is their answer (for the Biometrics part):

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients.

If the responsible office requested that you provide additional documents, complete a medical examination or give your biometrics, rest assured that they will not refuse your application if you cannot complete the next step due to the novel coronavirus.

Additional documents and medical examination

You will automatically have 90 days to complete these steps. Once you are able, please complete the step as soon as possible to avoid delays.

Biometrics

Even though your biometrics instructions letter (BIL) indicates that you must complete this step in 30 days, rest assured that you will automatically have 90 days to provide your biometrics if you are affected by the service disruptions. If applicable, you will have to make a new appointment when biometrics collection start again. You will not need a new BIL for a future appointment.

I believe that they will give us an update, maybe only through the website and they will extend the 90 days.

I hope it helps.

akhileshtekchand

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-O
AOR Received.
20-02-2020
Med's Done....
03-02-2020
Response to my latest query:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We verified the information on file and can confirm that:
  • The eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied have been passed,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The background/criminality verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
Is this a good sign?

subramani_vs

Aug 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Feb-2017

• The eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied have been passed,
Is this a good sign?
When was your AOR and which stream?

subramani_vs

Aug 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Feb-2017
That’s amazing. As long as ur eligibility/background and security passed, then next step is PPR. Congrats.
Yep, he is not far away from PPR

monty007

Jan 8, 2018

Is this a good sign?
When did you gave your biometric

ersabine

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018

Is this a good sign?
How you contact CIC, by phone or webform ? I am CEC applicant and my AOR date is Feb 26