+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> February 2020 AOR <<<***

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi every one! Quick question from the inland applicants who just became PR. What are some of the "must do" things after changing status to a permanent resident? Should the driver's license be updated as well?
Thanks in advance!
Maybe you had done it but just heads up, SIN, health card, bank accounts, driver licence, payroll. For the driver licence you will be told to update it once the present one expires.

Gurjit@2021

Apr 28, 2021
Hi All, Anyone from New Delhi VO waiting still?

Heres my timeline:

AOR: 13 Feb 2020
First medical passed: Sometime in 2020 can't remember exact date
Biometrics: Feb 2020
Procedural Fairness request: Mar 2021
Interview: Jul 2022
Remedical Request: Jul 2022
Remedical done: Aug 2022
Remedical Passed: 9 Aug 2022
PPR: Waiting
Mine remedicals passed on 31 July waiting

Reactions: maghool71 and korg

s3nr1

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Hi I submitted my application on Jan 2020, and received PR on July 2020. I'm currently applying for Citizenship, today I received an email to take my fingerprints and to bring my CoPR to do so, but I can't remember if I ever received such a letter.

On the CiC portal I do see there is a section called "Document Status" that lists my CoPR # which has expired.

In the messages section, I received an "Information Letter" for the day my PR was approved. In that letter, it says the following content that makes me believe that I never received a CoPR document and this "Information Letter" is a replacement. And if I did have I had to send it in the apply for my PR card. Does anyone have any idea if this is the case? Note I also already have my PR card. Thanks!

Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada Windsor IRCC 1250 Walker Road Windsor, ON N8Y 4T4
Date:<>
UCI: <>
CoPR Document #: T-------

My Name/Address, I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!

This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.

This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card.

If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address.

danlb34

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
Hi I submitted my application on Jan 2020, and received PR on July 2020. I'm currently applying for Citizenship, today I received an email to take my fingerprints and to bring my CoPR to do so, but I can't remember if I ever received such a letter.

On the CiC portal I do see there is a section called "Document Status" that lists my CoPR # which has expired.

In the messages section, I received an "Information Letter" for the day my PR was approved. In that letter, it says the following content that makes me believe that I never received a CoPR document and this "Information Letter" is a replacement. And if I did have I had to send it in the apply for my PR card. Does anyone have any idea if this is the case? Note I also already have my PR card. Thanks!
Hello. I believe this letter/pdf is your COPR (or electronic COPR). I got PR in October 2020 and I received something similar (the text is a little different, but basically the same message). If I'm not mistaken, this was the procedure for PR applicants from inside Canada (so there was no need to flagpoling during covid pandemic).

Also remember, this was before they created the Resident Permanent Portal (probably the idea was already in mind, but the website was not ready).

Last edited:
Reactions: s3nr1

s3nr1

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Ok, that makes sense because I save everything and I don't think I could lose something this important.

As for the FP, I called the Commisionaries company before coming in. THey only need the PR Card, and another piece of ID. I had a drivers license. So all good now.

I suppose its a generic letter for FP request that may not apply to everyone. o_O

Hello. I believe this letter/pdf is your COPR (or electronic COPR). I got PR in October 2020 and I received something similar (the text is a little different, but basically the same message). If I'm not mistaken, this was the procedure for PR applicants from inside Canada (so there was no need to flagpoling during covid pandemic).

Also remember, this was before they created the Resident Permanent Portal (probably the idea was already in mind, but the website was not ready).

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Ok, that makes sense because I save everything and I don't think I could lose something this important.

As for the FP, I called the Commisionaries company before coming in. THey only need the PR Card, and another piece of ID. I had a drivers license. So all good now.

I suppose its a generic letter for FP request that may not apply to everyone. o_O
Don't know how eCOPR looked like in 2020 or what rules were around it. Nowadays its usually after getting golden email and completing portal one gets an email to download eCOPR within 30 days from portal after which it will disapper and to retain it for citizenship.

korg

Feb 15, 2020
This morning I got the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). Not sure if that means approved or immigration is still deliberating decision? Can someone advice the actions/wait from hereon please?

korg

Feb 15, 2020
Pr is approved. Congratulations
Thanks! Hopefully its not another 6 months of silence. I see different responses in the forum such as one quoted below.

"Getting rprf used to mean you were close to getting PR but now it is part of the 2nd officer check after the completeness check. I got rprf fee request in October, it is now 4 months later and after seeing GCMS notes I see that the rfpr fee was noted missing, along with some other documents and review was required. So unfortunately it doesn't always mean Pr is on the way, it is just part of their process."

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/rprf-request.674711/

Edit:

Another thread here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/what-does-rprf-mean-in-pr-application-process.634660/

Reactions: maghool71