+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What does RPRF mean in PR application process?

Atlantico

Star Member
Mar 27, 2018
I received request for Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) today.

I asked Google what RPRF means and found this on CIC website:
"The Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) is paid by permanent resident applicants when their applications are approved."
Sounds quite simple and straight forward, right?
But to my surprise, I also found many differences in reality:

1. What are the chances of getting rejected or approval after RPRF request? My opinion - there are equal chances of rejection/approval. RPRF request should not be used to gauge success/failure of an application.

2. On Mar 21, 2018 we received a letter of request to PAY the RPRF fee with clear instructions regarding how to pay it.
We paid the fee on the same day and were very hopeful about being very close to PPR as that’s what most of the online forums suggested.
There were a very few resources which tell you how long it takes after RPRF and the resources I found did not turn out to be right for me.
Some blogs said one week while some said 6 months and so on.
The wait was getting very difficult and after 28 days, on Apr 18, 2018, we received a request letter from CIC asking for list of information. They asked for –

1. Paystubs
  2. Tax forms
  3. Bank statements
This request freaked us out as we did not see this coming. We were waiting for our PPR and we received an ADR (Additional Document Request). To add more fuel to our already fuming fire, they gave us just 7 days (read calendar days – including Sat and Sun – giving us just 4 days owing to the fact that we received the letter after 5 PM on Apr 18, 2018).
https://journey4musa2canada.wordpress.com/2018/05/24/rprf-to-ppr-2018/

3. Rprf request/ paid : 6th April
I just called CIC and agent told me mu file is being processed at ottawa and apart from medical nothing is cleared. Eligibility and background check in progress.
Which seems weird because what i heard is that rprf usually requested after eligibility is cleared, but agent told me otherwise.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/rprf-to-ppr-timelines.556247/

... and more.

Your views on this topic are highly appreciated!

Reactions: shahid2909

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
It doesn't mean anything other than that they've asked you to pay it. IRCC suggests that you pay it when applying otherwise your application will be delayed, so perhaps visa officers are sending payment requests to prevent delays.

But no, it does not mean guaranteed acceptance. It may not mean anything at all other than it should be paid, eventually.

Reactions: Apothu