+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> February 2020 AOR <<<***

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
I just finished a call with the CIC agent. Finally, he said that everything is passed and I just have to wait for the Final decision.

I insisted if he knew that if the application is pending decision since my spouse is outland and she cannot travel.
To which he said he has no insights into.

But hoping to hear a good news soon.

Btw, I am unable to login to CIC portal since morning, is anyone else facing the same? It lands me to the English or French page right when I click accept. I tried different browser and even different laptops
Hi, congrats on getting everything passed. Do you know the last time when eligibility / security / medical was still in progress? How long does it take from there to getting everything passed? Thanks.

kavish.shaikh1

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Hi, congrats on getting everything passed. Do you know the last time when eligibility / security / medical was still in progress? How long does it take from there to getting everything passed? Thanks.
No, on the portal it says the same eligibility in review, background check is in progress and.... It's only that the agent told me that everything is passed. Not sure if I should take what the agent said with a grain of salt. But anyways that makes me a little hopeful hearing it from them

Last edited:
Reactions: gamzoog

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
No, on the portal it says the same eligibility in review, background check is in progress and.... It's only that the agent told me that everything is passed. Not sure if I should take what the agent said with a grain of salt. But anyways that makes me a little hopeful hearing it from them
Thanks. What is the status of eligibility/security/criminality from the most recent GCMS notes you received then? thanks.

Niloo-ra

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
My final decision shows “APPROVED” in my GCMS notes , but nothing else until now.

my medical have been expired since February 9th and i haven’t received neither extension nor re-med request.
I’m thinking whether i should do my re-med upfront or wait for IRCC to request it?

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
My final decision shows “APPROVED” in my GCMS notes , but nothing else until now.

my medical have been expired since February 9th and i haven’t received neither extension nor re-med request.
I’m thinking whether i should do my re-med upfront or wait for IRCC to request it?
I would wait for the request. They may have extended them for 1 year (February 9th 2022) without this showing up in the portal. I am in a similar situation and I learnt of the extension via GCMS notes only.

Reactions: Niloo-ra

Niloo-ra

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
Can you tell me what was mentioned in your GCMS notes? Because in mine the only sentence which was written about my medicals was this “ reassessment has been granted. A new medical activity will need to be created in order to reflect the new medical validity date.”
I don’t quite understand what’s the meaning of this.
I would wait for the request. They may have extended them for 1 year (February 9th 2022) without this showing up in the portal. I am in a similar situation and I learnt of the extension via GCMS notes only.

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Can you tell me what was mentioned in your GCMS notes? Because in mine the only sentence which was written about my medicals was this “ reassessment has been granted. A new medical activity will need to be created in order to reflect the new medical validity date.”
I don’t quite understand what’s the meaning of this.
It was in one of the most recent "NOTES" and it says: "Reassessment has been granted and a new medical certificate with a validity of 12 months has been issued in GCMS. [...]"

Niloo-ra

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
I see!
Well no such thing was mentioned in my GCMS notes , so I’m guessing i just have to wait then!
Thanks for your reply anyway!
It was in one of the most recent "NOTES" and it says: "Reassessment has been granted and a new medical certificate with a validity of 12 months has been issued in GCMS. [...]"

Reactions: matteosc

Tanatos14

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
@legalfalcon I was just wondering if you could please let me know whether the way one replies to first PR portal email affects how long the wait is for the second with the login credentials? I replied

"Hello,
Please send the portal invitation to this address, xx@xxx
I have no dependents or spouse/partners.

Name: name
UCI:******
Email:*****
Original entry date: dd mmm yyyy
Date of last time you entered Canada: dd mmm yyyy
Location where you last entered: xxxxx

Looking forward to the invitation email.
Best"

Did it wrong? just wondering if it's an automated system that scans the email and gets stuck if it's not done in a certain way....I received first email 2 days ago.

Thank you in advance for your time

jule1989

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon

Can I apply for a work visa, then change country of residence? i.e. Can I submit my visa while living in country A, then move to country B and receive my visa from the VAC in country B? Countries A and B have different visa offices
Thanks!