Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-03-2020
Med's Done....
28-05-2020 Passed
Interview........
Not required
Note that the progress bar just shows the time elapsed from the day an application is submitted. It does not inform what stage or how far an application has been processed.

How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months

Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558
Do you see any timeframe for 2020 yet?
Hoping to get approval by end of this year but it seems like an unrealistic hope at this point.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Do you see any timeframe for 2020 yet?
Hoping to get approval by end of this year but it seems like an unrealistic hope at this point.
That was the latest official stats from IRCC, unfortunately it's only taking longer for IRCC to process.

This is another data set that shows the slowdown since COVID-19

ayeetee

Jun 11, 2020
Congrats!!! When did you order and receive your GCMS? My one and only ghost update was on 16, Feb, last Friday...
I called them on Monday and they said that everything is still under review..... waiting for my GCMS notes .
I ordered my notes on September 21st and received them a couple days ago.

Maple bonbon Sirop

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
Haiti
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
08-02-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2021
Med's Done....
11-12-2021
Mèsi frèm. Thanks a lot. I hope so too! When did you apply?
AOR Feb 8 ... Will order GCMS notes.. last one received was recommended passed with security not started... Lets see

Souskhaj

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
I called today and the status is the same. What is your AOR? VO and are you inland or outland ?
Yeah, I need the officer to pick up my application and do the eligibility review so that security gets started. My application has remained untouched since April.
I'm FSW(outland) and living in the US.
AOR: Feb 12th
Medical Passed: Feb 22nd
Biometrics: March 9th
How about you?

Souskhaj

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
@legalfalcon The status of my background check has been the same since AOR (Feb 12th):

Background check
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Is this normal?

sukhbirring

Oct 5, 2020
Hi everyone,

Got some great news today, received the "Ready for Visa" email. Will be submitting passports by next week. Thanks for all the guidance from the wonderful members of this forum. Will make another post with my entire timeline.
AOR?
BIO?
CoPR?

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Yeah, I need the officer to pick up my application and do the eligibility review so that security gets started. My application has remained untouched since April.
I'm FSW(outland) and living in the US.
AOR: Feb 12th
Medical Passed: Feb 22nd
Biometrics: March 9th
How about you?
I feel you, my timeline is similar to yours. Good luck!!

Hi everyone,

Got some great news today, received the "Ready for Visa" email. Will be submitting passports by next week. Thanks for all the guidance from the wonderful members of this forum. Will make another post with my entire timeline.
Congratulations!!!

silverlinings

Star Member
Mar 12, 2020
Thank you for asking. I did my medical on 08 February 2020. If the validity is one year, then my Med would expire on 07 February 2021.

About your next query, I received only Passport Submission Request letter. In that letter it clearly states that, it is not a guarantee of PR, it's only a part of the processing of my application. I think when they would return my passport with Visa stamp, they would also send another with Confirmation Of PR. Then again, other members may know better.

The letter which I am holding now, mentions that I should submit my passport within 30 days to a local VAC center.

Hope I answered properly.
No your medical is valid one year after they assess. So even if you did I feb is they assessed and passed in say March then it’s valid till March. Use the medical pages date on the portal and count 1 year.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
No your medical is valid one year after they assess. So even if you did I feb is they assessed and passed in say March then it’s valid till March. Use the medical pages date on the portal and count 1 year.
+ @benu_bd

Validity period of a medical certificate

Medical certificates for applicants who pass a medical examination in or outside Canada are valid for twelve months from the date of the last medical assessment of an applicant’s file by a medical officer and/or delegated staff.

There is no expiry date of medical validity for applicants who are inadmissible.

Starting Date for Calculating the 12 Month Validity Period of a Medical Certificate: the last medical assessment on file is the starting date for the 12 month validity of a medical certificate.

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/medical-requirements/assessing/validity-period-medical-certificate.html

ayeetee

Jun 11, 2020
AOR Feb 8 ... Will order GCMS notes.. last one received was recommended passed with security not started... Lets see
I think you are passed too. I would suggest calling them. The agent I spoke to confirmed that everything had passed. GCMS notes only confirmed when. But let me tell you, I had to really fish for answers. He kept saying my application was in good shape and that I should have some patience. I then asked if an officer had reviewed my application and if eligibility and security were passed to which he said yes.

Reactions: caipsnotes