+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FEBRUARY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
Hi,

i just received couple of letters from LVO through MyCIC,

1- they requested copies of passports of 2 family members out of 4, why not all 4 ?.

they added a note on a clause where they requested the copy of passport of one of the 2 kids, that the passport will expire shortly,

when i checked it will expire in June 2020, but they didnt ask for passport renewal, just a copy plus the note on the expiry..confusing?

Q- shall i just send the one i have or renew the passport which will take 2 months..!!

2- they requested separate and new Schedule A IMM 5660, background information document,

the one i sent was only for the prinicipal applicant, i,e,my wife, as i am the sponsor and i am a PR in Canada and the kids are younger than 18,

Q- in this case , shall i send one for me as well or only for my wife...!!

the one i sent has IRCC release date as Feb 2018,

and the one i found now on the website is Nov 2018,

Q- what is the latest release for IMM 5669 for spouse sponsorship?

i have problem with IMM document when i open them on Adobe Reader XI V11,

it keep saying Javascript is disabled, but it is enabled, i went to edit menu, preferences, javascript, enable javascript...then reopened but still giving me javascrip disabled and i cant fill the boxes ...?!!

Q- Please advise?

since they ask for the documents to be sent through the online MyCIC, shall my wife , print the SCHEDULE A IMM5669 ,ink sign then scan then upload the document or fill it electronically , they put full name, then send it electronically,

the clause for requestion the schedule is like this :

" Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature. This must be received at this office by : "

3- Pre Arrival invitation.

is this a good indication, that our sponsorship is being approved..?

4- Updated PCC from United Arab Emirates.

My wife already applied for PCC in 8th December 2019, UAE PCC is valid for 3 months, that means it will expire by 8 March 2020,

Q- is it good enough for now or shall we request new one,
the diffirence will be another month .

daisy2019

Star Member
Mar 28, 2019
@Yorker13- Wish i could answer your questions , but do you mind sharing your timeline , pls?? I m a feb 8 2019 applicant and i am at 95 percent complete (processing) and 19 days remaining . Btw , congratulations :)

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Hi,

i just received couple of letters from LVO through MyCIC,

1- they requested copies of passports of 2 family members out of 4, why not all 4 ?.

they added a note on a clause where they requested the copy of passport of one of the 2 kids, that the passport will expire shortly,

when i checked it will expire in June 2020, but they didnt ask for passport renewal, just a copy plus the note on the expiry..confusing?

Q- shall i just send the one i have or renew the passport which will take 2 months..!!

2- they requested separate and new Schedule A IMM 5660, background information document,

the one i sent was only for the prinicipal applicant, i,e,my wife, as i am the sponsor and i am a PR in Canada and the kids are younger than 18,

Q- in this case , shall i send one for me as well or only for my wife...!!

the one i sent has IRCC release date as Feb 2018,

and the one i found now on the website is Nov 2018,

Q- what is the latest release for IMM 5669 for spouse sponsorship?

i have problem with IMM document when i open them on Adobe Reader XI V11,

it keep saying Javascript is disabled, but it is enabled, i went to edit menu, preferences, javascript, enable javascript...then reopened but still giving me javascrip disabled and i cant fill the boxes ...?!!

Q- Please advise?

since they ask for the documents to be sent through the online MyCIC, shall my wife , print the SCHEDULE A IMM5669 ,ink sign then scan then upload the document or fill it electronically , they put full name, then send it electronically,

the clause for requestion the schedule is like this :

" Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature. This must be received at this office by : "

3- Pre Arrival invitation.

is this a good indication, that our sponsorship is being approved..?

4- Updated PCC from United Arab Emirates.

My wife already applied for PCC in 8th December 2019, UAE PCC is valid for 3 months, that means it will expire by 8 March 2020,

Q- is it good enough for now or shall we request new one,
the diffirence will be another month .

Passport has to be renewed 6 months prior expiration. Is all they ask you

June 2020... is kind of it..

Lee&Stacey

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
anyone in London UK Visa Office,

file for family sponsorship was transfered since October 5th, i contacted them ,they said still waiting for officer to start processing??!

i applied in Feb 6th,2019.

almost 3 weeks until completing the estimated processing time..!!

what to do?
We went to the London VO. Our file was transferred on Sept 30th and we received the COPR on Nov 26th.
Maybe try sending a message via webform to check on it?

Lee&Stacey

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
We have arrived in Canada!

Actually we arrived on Jan 13th but it has been a very busy 10 days!

We just wanted to share the experience at Toronto Pearson Airport in case anyone else lands here. We flew from London, UK to Toronto and had a 4-hour layover to complete the landing process and then had a connecting flight on to Halifax, NS.

All together it was about 90 minutes from the time the plane landed until we were standing in line to go back through security (which we would have had to do anyway even if my husband hadn't gone through landing process) so we didn't think that was too bad.

When we spoke to the initial immigration officer at passport control we were directed to go to the office right behind the desks where you speak to the officers. There was only one person in line when we got there so we didn't have to wait long to be called back to speak to the officer that processed his paperwork. He asked my husband a few questions and then asked us to wait while he finished the paperwork. All total we were likely there about 15 minutes. Because it didn't take long we decided to go ahead and apply for his SIN while we were there. The place to do this was in the very next office which we could see while we were waiting so we knew there wasn't a wait in there either. It took about 10 minutes to get the SIN.

We then made our way to the customs hall to declare the goods that were accompanying him and the goods he has to follow. We had all the paperwork completed before we flew (but we waited to sign it when we were speaking to the officer). Because we were connecting flights in Toronto we only had our carry-on bags with us and the checked bags were checked through to Halifax but this wasn't an issue. We waited in line behind 2-3 people here and spoke with the officer who made copies of our forms, asked a few questions, and entered information into the computer. I estimate we spent about 30 minutes in this part of the process. And then we were done!

We were then sent on just like all the rest of the passengers to go through security and to our next gate. We had time to stop for a Tim Hortons coffee and get some dinner before our flight.

Since we've arrived in Nova Scotia we've bought a car and put an offer on a house that was accepted. Assuming all goes well with the inspection etc. we will close on the house on Feb 17th and FINALLY be settled. We even bought a snowblower today (a first for my husband for sure!). His goods have been shipped from UK and are estimated to arrive to us on Feb 21.

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14

We just wanted to share the experience at Toronto Pearson Airport in case anyone else lands here. We flew from London, UK to Toronto and had a 4-hour layover to complete the landing process and then had a connecting flight on to Halifax, NS.

All together it was about 90 minutes from the time the plane landed until we were standing in line to go back through security (which we would have had to do anyway even if my husband hadn't gone through landing process) so we didn't think that was too bad.

When we spoke to the initial immigration officer at passport control we were directed to go to the office right behind the desks where you speak to the officers. There was only one person in line when we got there so we didn't have to wait long to be called back to speak to the officer that processed his paperwork. He asked my husband a few questions and then asked us to wait while he finished the paperwork. All total we were likely there about 15 minutes. Because it didn't take long we decided to go ahead and apply for his SIN while we were there. The place to do this was in the very next office which we could see while we were waiting so we knew there wasn't a wait in there either. It took about 10 minutes to get the SIN.

We then made our way to the customs hall to declare the goods that were accompanying him and the goods he has to follow. We had all the paperwork completed before we flew (but we waited to sign it when we were speaking to the officer). Because we were connecting flights in Toronto we only had our carry-on bags with us and the checked bags were checked through to Halifax but this wasn't an issue. We waited in line behind 2-3 people here and spoke with the officer who made copies of our forms, asked a few questions, and entered information into the computer. I estimate we spent about 30 minutes in this part of the process. And then we were done!

We were then sent on just like all the rest of the passengers to go through security and to our next gate. We had time to stop for a Tim Hortons coffee and get some dinner before our flight.

Since we've arrived in Nova Scotia we've bought a car and put an offer on a house that was accepted. Assuming all goes well with the inspection etc. we will close on the house on Feb 17th and FINALLY be settled. We even bought a snowblower today (a first for my husband for sure!). His goods have been shipped from UK and are estimated to arrive to us on Feb 21.
Congrats !

My wife will probably enter by Pearson too in some months ... is great to know it's well done. And she will have to fly to Montreal with a connection flight afterwards. (Thinking of maybe picking her up as in doing the flight with her, cause she will panic at arrival...) lol :p

For now , 27 days before the year mark , Still stuck at Mexico like many others in my case.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lee&Stacey

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Patvitco, I am wondering when can we get an answer. My local visa office is manila philippines.
As i said on another thread , gonna wait until the 12 months elapsed (which is soon) then i'll take measures to know what's going on.

Anthonymarshall

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
TURKEY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
27-06-2019
Doc's Request.
18-07-2019
AOR Received.
14/09/2019
File Transfer...
23-10-2019
Med's Request
11-10-2019
Med's Done....
15-10-2019
Interview........
No interview

Thank you so much for your information

Reactions: Lee&Stacey

dmurrman

Dec 5, 2018
My partner is already in Canada under dual intent, I assume we'll just drive south and do a U-turn at the US border to go thru the landing process? Once we get the whole copr thing, which is allegedly in like 25 days...

rose2rock

Jan 23, 2019
Visa Office......
Vienna Austria
App. Filed.......
11-03-2019
AOR Received.
10-04-2019
hello friends,

is it possible to re-open a closed application file. a good friend of mine, his spouse just closed their outland spousal file over little marital argument now wanting to re-open it.
does anyone have info or clue where to find vital information on what to do?

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
hello friends,

is it possible to re-open a closed application file. a good friend of mine, his spouse just closed their outland spousal file over little marital argument now wanting to re-open it.
According to me if the couple went into a dispute that led to a cancelling of sponsorship event .... idk how it's gonna be seen by IRCC whether the reason, ... it def starts with one strike. They probsbly gonna have to prove that NoW with this change they are genuine and its NOT to give a PR to someone. Cause when you cancel, ircc will want to know what happened , takes something really big , its almost at same level as voiding a marriage act you have to be sure when you start procedure like this... saying to ircc sponsorship is cancelled is def not well seen and even more if they already passed time at evaluating. Most likely they gonna have to resend all, starting at zero and paying the fees and hoping it will pass.

Last edited:

dmurrman

Dec 5, 2018
hello friends,

Probably wasn't that "little" of an argument if it resulted in the cancelling of an application worth a few thousand dollars. Such instability in a relationship is viewed as a liability by CIC I reckon

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Probably wasn't that "little" of an argument if it resulted in the cancelling of an application worth a few thousand dollars. Such instability in a relationship is viewed as a liability by CIC I reckon
It's exactly my own thinking.. Something that lead to such instability gonna make IRCC nervous when it's time to process and def it wasn't just a "lil" thing cause if so... sorry but this couple is not ready for such adventure as in a sponsorship , oh my ,no.

Would say gets just got their chances of acceptance reduced by .... idk but for me 33% minimum.

Last edited:
Reactions: dmurrman

dmurrman

Dec 5, 2018
I just got the pre* arrivals service invitation, is this a good sign or just something they send to every applicant and no indication of imminent COPR?