+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FEBRUARY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Kalikay

Star Member
May 19, 2018
Hi I'm the applicant. I wanna change my last name to my husband's last name. I'm currently requested to do medicals and biometrics once I do them I plan on heading to my local passport office and updating my info on my passport to reflect last name. Has anyone here done this? Do u think it will heavily delay my application?

dmurrman

Dec 5, 2018
Hi everyone, finally, we almost finish this long journey. Wish you could complete yours soon. : )

Sent: Feb. 8th, 2019
AOR1: Mar. 19th, 2019
MR: Mar. 21st, 2019
SA: Mar. 20th, 2019
Medical passed: Mar. 29, 2019
Biometrics requested: Mar. 27th, 2019
Biometrics given: April 19th, 2019
AOR2: Mar 27th, 2019
BGC: May16th, 2019
DM: Dec. 9th, 2019
PPR: Dec. 9th, 2019
Which visa office

Lee&Stacey

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Hi I'm the applicant. I wanna change my last name to my husband's last name. I'm currently requested to do medicals and biometrics once I do them I plan on heading to my local passport office and updating my info on my passport to reflect last name. Has anyone here done this? Do u think it will heavily delay my application?
I've not done this but as the sponsor, I opted to NOT change my name to my husband's name throughout this process because I was worried it would confuse things. Once he arrives in Canada (next month) then I'll go get my name changed on my passport.

CIC made a mess of a simple address change for me which resulted in them not changing my address properly and then they changed my husband's address to mine in Canada when he lives in London. This resulted in costing us extra money and a delay of 2 weeks to get the letter back to him in London. I don't think we are the only ones this has happened to so if they can't change an address without issue, will they be able to keep up with a name change? Who knows.

Basically, my personal opinion is, unless there is a reason why you must change your name on your passport (perhaps a legal requirement in your home country to do it in a certain timeframe?) then I'd just wait to do it until everything is finished.

StayAway

Mar 1, 2019

I agree with @Lee&Stacey comment above. I would not change my name until after the process, It may cause delay to the process. CIC isn't always consistent. Wait until its over then when you move here you can change your name.

Fadiaa

Nov 29, 2019
Hey guys,
What is a “security check “ that is apparently not something cic tells us, but they do it at the end before the passport request? Is this true? And what is it for if they’ve already done background checks and eligibility and all of that

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Hey guys,
What is a “security check “ that is apparently not something cic tells us, but they do it at the end before the passport request? Is this true? And what is it for if they’ve already done background checks and eligibility and all of that
Is a part of BGC done by an independent department and that says yes or no does the PA represents a harm to Canada

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
is this department in canada? Or at the VO where the applicant is?
and how long does this usually take?
its in Canada... no one knows for the duration

Tuhin_Ashraf

Star Member
Apr 30, 2014
Hello guys. I am the sponsor and applied for spousal visa for PR and she got her PR visa. After my wife got the PR VISA, I changed my address in Canada (just moved to a new location of the city). And on her COPR she has my previous address. Do I need to change the address on this COPR? or Do I need to update my address with the government or Immigration Canada?

Thanks.

JUNIORSTAR

Mar 13, 2019
Hi people I am new in this forum I need some advice I have be ask to attend interview but the VO did not ask me to bring any documents can some will help me with advice I am the applicant spousal Application pls see below request from VO.

Dear Applicant,

An interview is required in order for us to assess your application for permanent residence to Canada and to determine whether you are able to meet the criteria for admission to Canada in the category in which you have applied. You are invited to attend an interview at the date, time and place indicated above.

JUNIORSTAR

Mar 13, 2019
Hi people I am new in this forum I need some advice I have be ask to attend interview but the VO did not ask me to bring any documents can some will help me with advice I am the applicant spousal Application pls see below request from VO.

Dear Applicant,

An interview is required in order for us to assess your application for permanent residence to Canada and to determine whether you are able to meet the criteria for admission to Canada in the category in which you have applied. You are invited to attend an interview at the date, time and place indicated above.