+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FEBRUARY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

LaibaAyub

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
Hi guys!
Can someone help me out, i m bit confused...
I m PA from Pakistan and my husband is Sponsor from canada
My timeline is
App sent:7th feb, 2019
App received: 8th feb, 2019
AoR: 8th Feb, 2019
Application number: 20th march, 2019
SA: 27th March, 2019
BR: 29th March, 2019
Biometric completed: 8th April, 2019
MR: 30th March, 2019
Medical passed: 12th April, 2019
Since then complete silence, no update.. No idea, where the file is moving or where it is... Is someone else is on the same boat as i hv seen many people getting FT after couple of weeks from medical.

Jessieroberts12

Dec 9, 2018
Hi guys!
My timeline is
Since then complete silence, no update.. No idea, where the file is moving or where it is... Is someone else is on the same boat as i hv seen many people getting FT after couple of weeks from medical.
Pakistan applicants get transferred to London VO usually for the “further processing”, and London VO has a big backlog as they process 15 different countries. You’re file will be transferred at some stage, but it’s most likely waiting to be transferred there. I think there are a few others on this forum who are from Pakistan and in the same situation as you. Your time will come :)

LaibaAyub

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
Pakistan applicants get transferred to London VO usually for the “further processing”, and London VO has a big backlog as they process 15 different countries. You’re file will be transferred at some stage, but it’s most likely waiting to be transferred there. I think there are a few others on this forum who are from Pakistan and in the same situation as you. Your time will come :)
Any idea how long this backlog takes? Or any idea about how much time further it will take to get DM?

Jessieroberts12

Dec 9, 2018

LaibaAyub

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
It’s so hard to know! Everyone’s PR journey is very different. There is a London VO thread actually that you can read through to see other people’s timelines etc. I’ll attach it below.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/london-visa-office-applicants-lets-connect-here.406986/page-507
Thank u so much...
I hv another question? My background status says that we are processing ur background check. So if file is still not transferred to LVO then where the eligibility and bgc is taking place?

Adeena

May 11, 2019
Hi guys!
My timeline is
Files of Pakistani applicants from 2019 aren't being transferred. I'm in the same boat.

Jessieroberts12

Dec 9, 2018
Thank u so much...
I hv another question? My background status says that we are processing ur background check. So if file is still not transferred to LVO then where the eligibility and bgc is taking place?
Background check is very vague; it consists of criminality and security.
Eligibility is usually started once the file is transferred and is often the last stage. It’s where they look at your relationship and your own credentials that you claimed, employment etc.
You won’t know when you past your Background Check until the day you get COPR, of which it’ll show on GC the date.
Criminality is your police certificates that you submitted from countries you’ve lived in for 6 months or more. They’ll review these and corporate with the countries you’ve lived in for 6 months or more.
Security is where they have an outside agency called CSIS look into whether you’ve had any associations with terroism, threats to your country, traveled to any red flag counties etc. They then inform IRCC of what they found, usually just “passed” or “failed”.
Depending on your history, this can take some time, but if you’re waiting for London VO, then that’s most likely causing the delay.
If you like, you can call the CIC helpline and if you’re lucky enough to get a nice agent, they can tell you at what stage your BGC is at :)

LaibaAyub

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
Background check is very vague; it consists of criminality and security.
Eligibility is usually started once the file is transferred and is often the last stage. It’s where they look at your relationship and your own credentials that you claimed, employment etc.
You won’t know when you past your Background Check until the day you get COPR, of which it’ll show on GC the date.
Criminality is your police certificates that you submitted from countries you’ve lived in for 6 months or more. They’ll review these and corporate with the countries you’ve lived in for 6 months or more.
Security is where they have an outside agency called CSIS look into whether you’ve had any associations with terroism, threats to your country, traveled to any red flag counties etc. They then inform IRCC of what they found, usually just “passed” or “failed”.
Depending on your history, this can take some time, but if you’re waiting for London VO, then that’s most likely causing the delay.
If you like, you can call the CIC helpline and if you’re lucky enough to get a nice agent, they can tell you at what stage your BGC is at :)
I wish i could be lucky enough to get PR rather than call reply..

Jessieroberts12

Dec 9, 2018
Hopefully.. Just get frustrated at times bcz of this silence
We all understand. It’s very hard, especially being apart from our loved ones, but just remember that getting Permanent Residency in Canada is not a right, it’s a privilege, so we must respect the process that they do.

Best of luck. Keep us updated!

LaibaAyub

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
I totally agree.. Anyways thanks for such a positive response. Will surely be sharing if got some news regarding application.. Hope everyone get their PR requests soon.. InshaAllah

Reactions: Jessieroberts12