+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FEBRUARY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Okay thanks! How come they say on GC that they’ll notify you?
You are notified about it through GCKey. If your eligibility always said ‘we are reviewing whether you meet your eligibility requirements’ from the start then yes you wont know right until DM (or additional docs) when they started processing if your file is in Mississauga. If your eligibility said something like ‘your app is in progress we’ll inform you when we start’ and then it changes to ‘we are reviewing’ that’s when they start reviewing.

Jessieroberts12

Dec 9, 2018
You are notified about it through GCKey. If your eligibility always said ‘we are reviewing your eligibility’ from the start then yes you wont know right until DM when they started processing if your file is in Mississauga. If your eligibility said something like ‘your app is in progress we’ll inform you when we start’ and then it changes to ‘we are reviewing’ that’s when they start reviewing.
Mine has not started yet, so was just wondering at what point they start. So when it changes, that means it’s been transferred?

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Mine has not started yet, so was just wondering at what point they start. So when it changes, that means it’s been transferred?
Not necessarily. Like I said some people have it from the start before transfers. Its not an indication of file transfer, its an indication of what it says ‘assessing eligibility.’ File transfer email and calling to ask if your file has been transferred are the only ways you can know if there was a transfer. Some don’t get transfer emails at all so calling would be the best bet. That’s how @LeticiaKay found out that her application was in Mississauga.

Jessieroberts12

Dec 9, 2018
Not necessarily. Like I said some people have it from the start before transfers. Its not an indication of file transfer, its an indication of what it says ‘assessing eligibility.’ File transfer email and calling to ask if your file has been transferred are the only ways you can know if there was a transfer. Some don’t get transfer emails at all so calling would be the best bet. That’s how @LeticiaKay found out that her application was in Mississauga.
Okay so I guess it’ll happen at some point then! Does it take long or is it pretty vague on timings like background check? My background check has been in process the whole time. I will try and phone then and see if it’s still in Sydney or if it’s transferred

Wmp011

Jun 6, 2019
Processing Times??
My spousal sponsorship application was approved in Jul 2018. Medicals were done and approved Sept 2018. However Police Clearance was delayed. I was requested to provide this document AND I was informed that my file was transferred to London VAC. This was in Sept 2018.
Police clearance was obtained in April 2019. This was submitted immediately. My application for PR now shows as "IN PROGRESS"
Question:
Has anyone with the same challenges in the past, have any information as to how long PR application takes to process?

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Okay so I guess it’ll happen at some point then! Does it take long or is it pretty vague on timings like background check? My background check has been in process the whole time. I will try and phone then and see if it’s still in Sydney or if it’s transferred
Background Checks can last from a day to many months. Very vague. IRCC themselves don’t conduct it and rely on when these outside agencies hand over the reports before making decisions on BGC clearance. I think biometrics was brought in place (now compulsory) to reduce this extended time but its fairly new and will take time before BGC processing time starts going down.

Jessieroberts12

Dec 9, 2018
Background Checks can last from a day to many months. Very vague. IRCC themselves don’t conduct it and rely on when these outside agencies hand over the reports before making decisions on BGC clearance. I think biometrics was brought in place (now compulsory) to reduce this extended time but its fairly new and will take time before BGC processing time starts going down.
I see, makes sense. Just hoping to have some more movement here soon but I appreciate it all takes time :)

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Processing Times??
My spousal sponsorship application was approved in Jul 2018. Medicals were done and approved Sept 2018. However Police Clearance was delayed. I was requested to provide this document AND I was informed that my file was transferred to London VAC. This was in Sept 2018.
Police clearance was obtained in April 2019. This was submitted immediately. My application for PR now shows as "IN PROGRESS"
Question:
Has anyone with the same challenges in the past, have any information as to how long PR application takes to process?
You have probably heard it but its what it is. Its a 12 month process for 80% applications and longer for the rest. In Progress is good. Your Police clearance that was delayed would have added delays in the processing of your whole application. Hope you get done soon though.

Wmp011

Jun 6, 2019
You have probably heard it but its what it is. Its a 12 month process for 80% applications and longer for the rest. In Progress is good. Your Police clearance that was delayed would have added delays in the processing of your whole application. Hope you get done soon though.
Thanks

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
i am in the same dilemma...but my app says We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements and We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information blabla and i'm pretty sure it has changed from start still , no sign on transfer ... might call to see what's going on.

lea123

Jun 6, 2019
Hello just out of the topic.
But my appicationwas submitted last february as well. Done with the biometrics, medical and been asked to submit one additional document which i police certificate. Unfortunately my passport will be expiring in February 2020. I've seen in other thread that passport must be valid 6months otherwise they will return the passport. Is there any effect if i renew my passport now while waiting for the processing of my application? Im afraid it may affect becauase passport number is written in medical and biometrics. Anyone have same situation here?

albertan2019

Star Member
May 29, 2019
Good morning, perhaps someone like me, 2019 February out land spouse sponsorship transfer to VO Bogota wanna share the experience with me?
Thanks