+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FEBRUARY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
on Ecas SA side, they sent letter that i am eligible to be a sponsor, that means SA AND PA are approved for family sponsorship , then why do the same for PA on GCKey?

if u dont mind me asking ,

my wife and one kid used to be PR but they didnt stay in canada to meet the RO so we revoked their PR and applied again, for other 2 kids, they never had PR,but they had TRP for one year ,now all of them are included in the new family sponsorship, they did the medicals in mid April ,but no Bio requested so far.

i thought since they got previous, the case will be straightforward and fast, since IRCC have all their previous info and relationship is proven, family have no travel history except between canada and UAE? we are from somalia originally but never lived there for a day.

i know its been only 2 months since they done the medicals, but u think their process will take long?

wife got job offer in UK, if she moves there with kids, will this impact the process?

if i join them there just to assist in settlment? will that also impact the process? how ircc will find out if i leave the country?
That sponsor approval letter you got is for the sponsor. That means only sponsor’s eligibility is complete not PA’s. If you are a Canadian Citizen you can leave the country and stay with your wife for the whole process until your application is approved but its your job to inform CIC that you will be living away from Canada and provide strong proof of your intentions to come back to Canada once the application is approved (house in canada or house searching, job offers, Kid’s schooling enquiry etc). If you are a Permanent Resident, you CANNOT go out of the country for an extended period as that will lead to your application being rejected. Although its not recommended, you can go for a couple of weeks without affecting your application.

As to why your process is taking longer this time around, it may not be that they are taking time to assess your eligibility but since your family did not meet the RO, they may scrutinise the file a bit more. Stay patient.

Reactions: Yorker13

Jessieroberts12

Dec 9, 2018
We had DM on sponsors side April 13th but still no official SA email/letter. Any advice?
When I phoned CIC about this a while ago they said not to worry as my process is still going well so it’s been accepted, but confused why we didn’t get an official word. o_O

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
We had DM on sponsors side April 13th but still no official SA email/letter. Any advice?
When I phoned CIC about this a while ago they said not to worry as my process is still going well so it’s been accepted, but confused why we didn’t get an official word. o_O
You never know with them. It never follows a fixed set of processing pattern. Saying so, it is definitely strange that you were not given the SA letter. Thats quite an important letter as it specifies your obligation as a sponsor. So weird.

Jessieroberts12

Dec 9, 2018
You never know with them. It never follows a fixed set of processing pattern. Saying so, it is definitely strange that you were not given the SA letter. Thats quite an important letter as it specifies your obligation as a sponsor. So weird.
We’ve had other requests and that’s what the agent reassured us with as they wouldn’t keep processing if it wasn’t approved, but it’s just odd! Maybe it will come at some point or maybe we will get to PPR without having the official email

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
We’ve had other requests and that’s what the agent reassured us with as they wouldn’t keep processing if it wasn’t approved, but it’s just odd! Maybe it will come at some point or maybe we will get to PPR without having the official email
Ya it wont hinder your application’s progress. Most likely the PPR without SA scenario for you I think.

Reactions: Jessieroberts12

maxim88

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
are you using a lawyer?

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
what is the difference between review eligiblity on SA side on Ecas which is completed and approved and review eligibilty on Mycic on PA side?

thx
That part is on PA's side accessible by GCKEY.

is the resuming of the approval during the process.

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
No we’re not
Nor do i , done all the approach of application myself (been tricky and takes a while ha) lol

(Gathering all papers is the worse... and having them translated is costly) In my case, spanish -> French cause we apply for Quebec residence

Have to be a real want cause even there's a guideline , some questions are still not super clear in the process and you have to do your research.

craftydev

Apr 4, 2019
For folks who have to send their passport for COPR after going through Mississauga. You'll receive a notification to send it to Ottawa at either a PO BOX or 365 Laurier Avenue West. You'll notice that the passport will get delivered to 2303 Stevenage Drive.

Please don't freak out. The Stevenage Drive address is a scanning facility that accepts mail for the Laurier Ave building address.

tztk

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
Hey Guys,

I was using IRCC's self service phone # to check the status of my sponsorship application for over a month now, pretty much on a daily basis. Today, the system was not able to locate/identify our application. I tried like 8 times and I'm sure that I followed all the right steps. As per ECAS, everything looks same-old, same-old: Medicals received, started Processing AOR2 (Line #2), etc. - basically nothing new there.

Has anyone encountered anything similar before? Could this be just another bug in the system? Or maybe a phone version of the ghost update? :)
FYI - we don't have an access to the GcKey account because our lawyer is representing us.

Thank you!

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Hey Guys,

I was using IRCC's self service phone # to check the status of my sponsorship application for over a month now, pretty much on a daily basis. Today, the system was not able to locate/identify our application. I tried like 8 times and I'm sure that I followed all the right steps. As per ECAS, everything looks same-old, same-old: Medicals received, started Processing AOR2 (Line #2), etc. - basically nothing new there.

Has anyone encountered anything similar before? Could this be just another bug in the system? Or maybe a phone version of the ghost update? :)
FYI - we don't have an access to the GcKey account because our lawyer is representing us.

Thank you!
It happens sometimes when the system has recently gone under maintenance. Should be back to normal soon.

Reactions: tztk

Sid6767

Jan 15, 2019
Hey Guys,

Thank you!
self prompt is not working from 3 days since they updated gckey hopefully soon it will start working don’t worry you are not the only one who is facing this problem:)

Reactions: tztk