+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FEBRUARY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

mkharoon1

Jan 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
If your file has been forwarded from Mississauga to your local VO its because the processing officer cannot make a decision based on your initial documents yous sent and needs further processing from your local VO. What it means could be many things. For one, they want to figure something out with your BGC (may or may not need your input), they may not be satisfied with the genuineness of your relationship and would need further review (however Mississauga usually asks for additional docs if this was the case), worst scenario would be they need an interview to make a decision. Not trying to scare you and I hope you get processed fast but these could be the reasons. NDVO is generally slow if you file goes directly but from the forums, people who got transferred from Mississauga to NDVO got processed faster compared to direct transfers there. However, the processing time could be impacted by your case.
Thanks a lot for the information, I can only hope for the best at this moment.

Mehul-06022014

Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2014
AOR Received.
10-03-2014
Med's Request
10-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2015
Got Passport request email today for my wife.
but ECAS and GCKEY account still says its IN Process.
There was no Decision Made step.

My time line

Canadian Citizen sponsoring INDIAN Wife
Application sent:
Feb 14th ||
Application received: Feb 18th ||
Linked to ECAS: March 25th ||
AOR1: March 25th ||
Additional Documents Request: March 26th ||
Additional Documents Submitted: March 27th ||
SA: April 2nd ||
Bio metrics request: April 1st ||
Medical request: April 2nd ||
Medical passed: April 13th ||
Moved to Visa Office: April 10th ||
AOR2: || Skipped
Background Check In Process:
March 28th ||
Pre arrival service letter : 1st June.
Decision Made: || skipped
PPR: June 4th ||
COPR:

tztk

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
Got Passport request email today for my wife.
but ECAS and GCKEY account still says its IN Process.
There was no Decision Made step.

My time line

Canadian Citizen sponsoring INDIAN Wife
Application sent:
Feb 14th ||
Application received: Feb 18th ||
Linked to ECAS: March 25th ||
AOR1: March 25th ||
Additional Documents Request: March 26th ||
Additional Documents Submitted: March 27th ||
SA: April 2nd ||
Bio metrics request: April 1st ||
Medical request: April 2nd ||
Medical passed: April 13th ||
Moved to Visa Office: April 10th ||
AOR2: || Skipped
Background Check In Process:
March 28th ||
Pre arrival service letter : 1st June.
Decision Made: || skipped
PPR: June 4th ||
COPR:
Congrats!!! Must feel good! :) where was your file transfered?

Mehul-06022014

Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2014
AOR Received.
10-03-2014
Med's Request
10-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2015
Last edited:
Reactions: tztk

candyboop

Apr 18, 2019
What do you mean by line 2 not changing? Once your file is transferred and the day they start processing will be your line 2 on PA’s side. I don’t think that changes.
Hello Krissh, this is what I have in my ECAS (PA side).. I received transfer letter April 10..I think #2 should be changed to "We started processing your application" and it will be considered as my AOR2?
  1. We received XXXX's application for permanent residence on February 14, 2019.
  2. We sent XXXX's medical instructions on March 29, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  3. Medical results have been received.
  4. We sent XXXX's a letter on May 16, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
This is what in the Sponsor side..
  1. We received your application to sponsor XXXX on February 14, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 23, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on March 22, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on March 30, 2019 about the decision on your application.

Last edited:

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Hello Krissh, this is what I have in my ECAS (PA side).. I received transfer letter April 10..I think #2 should be changed to "We started processing your application" and it will be considered as my AOR2?
  2. We sent XXXX's medical instructions on March 29, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. We sent XXXX's a letter on May 16, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 23, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on March 30, 2019 about the decision on your application.
I have the same on sponsor side

Reactions: candyboop

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
Wow they just updated GCkey interface now they say when you passed on steps...:p

such as

Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • April 23, 2019 You passed the medical exam.

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
what is the difference between review eligiblity on SA side on Ecas which is completed and approved and review eligibilty on Mycic on PA side?

thx

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Yes correct. That current line 2 will move down and then the new line 2 will state when they started processing which is your AOR2. If you go to Mississauga this comes the day you get Decision Made on PA’s side. (Mississauga sends no AOR2) If its transferred to the local VO, it comes when they open your application and start processing.

Last edited:
Reactions: candyboop

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
what is the difference between review eligiblity on SA side on Ecas which is completed and approved and review eligibilty on Mycic on PA side?

thx
There is no review eligibility written on SA side of ECAS. Initially until it shows Decision Made which is Sponsor Approval, it will show ‘In Process’ just like PA’s side of ECAS. GCkey only shows Principal Applicant’s information. So the ‘review of eligibility’ is for the PA based on what stream you are applying from. Since yours is spousal sponsorship, eligibility means them assessing if your relationship is genuine.

Reactions: Yorker13

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
There is no review eligibility written on SA side of ECAS. Initially until it shows Decision Made which is Sponsor Approval, it will show ‘In Process’ just like PA’s side of ECAS. GCkey only shows Principal Applicant’s information. So the ‘review of eligibility’ is for the PA based on what stream you are applying from. Since yours is spousal sponsorship, eligibility means them assessing if your relationship is genuine.
on Ecas SA side, they sent letter that i am eligible to be a sponsor, that means SA AND PA are approved for family sponsorship , then why do the same for PA on GCKey?

if u dont mind me asking ,

my wife and one kid used to be PR but they didnt stay in canada to meet the RO so we revoked their PR and applied again, for other 2 kids, they never had PR,but they had TRP for one year ,now all of them are included in the new family sponsorship, they did the medicals in mid April ,but no Bio requested so far.

i thought since they got previous, the case will be straightforward and fast, since IRCC have all their previous info and relationship is proven, family have no travel history except between canada and UAE? we are from somalia originally but never lived there for a day.

i know its been only 2 months since they done the medicals, but u think their process will take long?

wife got job offer in UK, if she moves there with kids, will this impact the process?

if i join them there just to assist in settlment? will that also impact the process? how ircc will find out if i leave the country?

candyboop

Apr 18, 2019
Yes correct. That current line 2 will move down and then the new line 2 will state when they started processing which is your AOR2. If you go to Mississauga this comes the day you get Decision Made on PA’s side. (Mississauga sends no AOR2) If its transferred to the local VO, it comes when they open your application and start processing.
Oh,, this explains to me a lot.. I was thinking they are not processing my application but I am receiving request (Biometric) after it was transferred.. LOL...

Thanks Krissh - you are really a big help here.. :)

Reactions: Krissh2179