Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-02-2019
AOR Received.
23-03-2019
Med's Request
26-03-2019
For those whose applications are, further along, does the "estimated remaining processing time" on GCKEY differ from those whose application is further back in the process.

For example, mine says 9 months but I have yet to get transfer to a VO. Does someone with a VO transfer have a shorter processing time? Or is this completely arbitrary and based simply on the 12 months that was promised.

Thank you!

megs08

Aug 10, 2015
Ontario
Category........
FAM
For those whose applications are, further along, does the "estimated remaining processing time" on GCKEY differ from those whose application is further back in the process.

For example, mine says 9 months but I have yet to get transfer to a VO. Does someone with a VO transfer have a shorter processing time? Or is this completely arbitrary and based simply on the 12 months that was promised.

Thank you!
The 12months means, since the day they received our applications... though we got our VO transfer already, it still shows the remaining months to complete the 12months target. So, same here... 9 months to go.. we'll just have to keep the faith.

Gallagher

Nov 24, 2018
Hello everyone.

This is a thread for all the applications being submitted in February. Please add your timeline when you come in:
PA (primary applicant) Country
AOR1: Acknowledgment of Receipt (email saying they have your app) (generally first sent to sponsor and takes 3-4 months)
MR: Medical Request
SA:Sponsorship Approval
Medical passed
MIDI - CSQ: Ministry of Immigration, Diversity, and Inclusion - The Quebec Selection Certificate/certificat de sélection du Québec. (Quebec Only)
CSQ received (Quebec Only)
CSQ AOR (Quebec Only)
AOR2: Acknowledgment of Receipt at VO (Visa office of PA)
CSQ approval (Quebec Only)
BGC: Background check in Process
DM: Decision made
PPR: Passport Request
COPR ISSUED: Confirmation of Permanent Residence (document you recieve when you become a PR)
LANDED: Well you can imagine what this means

Gallagher

Nov 24, 2018
I am a tad confused with the COPR confirmation of Permanent Residence is this issued to you before you land as I was told to receive a PR card you land and then have to wait approximately 6 weeks after your passport has been submitted before you will receive a PR card. Another assumption of mine is you will have to wait that six weeks before you can sign up for a security insurance number (SIN) and there fore you cannot work.

cbego318

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-04-2019
AOR Received.
02-05-2019
File Transfer...
10-05-2019
Med's Request
06-05-2019
Med's Done....
17-05-2019
Passport Req..
07-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2019
LANDED..........
30-08-2019
I am a tad confused with the COPR confirmation of Permanent Residence is this issued to you before you land as I was told to receive a PR card you land and then have to wait approximately 6 weeks after your passport has been submitted before you will receive a PR card. Another assumption of mine is you will have to wait that six weeks before you can sign up for a security insurance number (SIN) and there fore you cannot work.

You can get your SIN with your COPR, you don’t have to wait until you receive your PR card

Reactions: svilli

Gallagher

Nov 24, 2018
You can get your SIN with your COPR, you don’t have to wait until you receive your PR card
Thankyou so much however sorry what is a COPR is in a letter and do we receive before we land. Sorry and one more query...will my husband be interviewed at port of entry.

shashi221

Aug 3, 2017
Hello.

My wife got her Passport request from Immigration Section, New Delhi.
Her application received on Feb 15 and On May 6 th she got her request for Passport.

She is currently in Canada on Visitors visa, my question is can we send her Passport to CPCO directly and set her address in Canada as mine? or Do we have to send a document for address change?
Her planned stay in Canada is for next two months and she has to send her passport with in 30 days of receiving that letter and not sure whether to sent the letter directly to CPCO ottawa or to send it New Delhi (her country of application) . :|
I seriously need expert suggestions! :)

Thanks in Advance

mumbaikar

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Thankyou so much however sorry what is a COPR is in a letter and do we receive before we land. Sorry and one more query...will my husband be interviewed at port of entry.
Once they approve your application you will get passport request (PPR). They will mail you Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document along with the passport with stamp on it. At the port of entry while entering (landing) the officer will sign the COPR and you will apply for PR card. You can walk into any service Canada location with COPR and apply for the SIN card. I am not sure if this service is available at the port of entry. At the port of entry he will be asked only the usual questions like what he's bringing into Canada...Also he needs to provide an address for sending the PR card once it's ready.

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14

Ok but the SA letter clearly said to wait to get the next communication before applying for Quebec which i'm doing waiting..

Medical passed : April 24th
-
(Waiting letter with instruction for CSQ undertake)

MIDI - CSQ: Ministry of Immigration, Diversity, and Inclusion - The Quebec Selection Certificate/certificat de sélection du Québec. (Quebec Only)
CSQ received (Quebec Only)
CSQ AOR (Quebec Only)
AOR2: Acknowledgment of Receipt at VO (Visa office of PA)
CSQ approval (Quebec Only)

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Hello.

My wife got her Passport request from Immigration Section, New Delhi.
Her application received on Feb 15 and On May 6 th she got her request for Passport.

She is currently in Canada on Visitors visa, my question is can we send her Passport to CPCO directly and set her address in Canada as mine? or Do we have to send a document for address change?
Her planned stay in Canada is for next two months and she has to send her passport with in 30 days of receiving that letter and not sure whether to sent the letter directly to CPCO ottawa or to send it New Delhi (her country of application) . :|
I seriously need expert suggestions! :)

Thanks in Advance
For a case like that , i would say directly to call CIC.

Last edited:

vivekforbes

Feb 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My spouse submitted the passport. When i submitted the application, i also submitted original documents(Marksheet, vote id) as proof for late birth registration. Will they send those original documents along with copr or no?

stanfordcali

May 8, 2018
I've got my 1st PR Card 3 weeks after landing

Submission of application: Feb 2018
Received/Opened application: July 5, 2018
Application started for processing: September 18, 2018
Medical received: October 13, 2018
Police clearance: February 1, 2019
Passport request and photo: February 26, 2019
Confirmation of PR: March 4, 2019
Date of soft landing: April 19, 2019
Receipt of 1st PR Card: May 9, 2019

Thank you Lord! Finally it is finished!

Good luck for the others!

sdami

Apr 30, 2019
Delhi
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga, Canada
App. Filed.......
6-02-2019
Doc's Request.
29-04-2019
AOR Received.
18-03-2019
File Transfer...
27-03-2019
Med's Request
20-03-2019
Med's Done....
28-03-2019
I've got my 1st PR Card 3 weeks after landing

Submission of application: Feb 2018
Received/Opened application: July 5, 2018
Application started for processing: September 18, 2018
Medical received: October 13, 2018
Police clearance: February 1, 2019
Passport request and photo: February 26, 2019
Confirmation of PR: March 4, 2019
Date of soft landing: April 19, 2019
Receipt of 1st PR Card: May 9, 2019

Thank you Lord! Finally it is finished!

Good luck for the others!
Hey
Can I ask your country?
If it was india.. how much time does it takes in passport stamping..actually I submitted my passport for stamping on 8th May and planning to book tickets for 27th May .. will I be able to get my stamped passport back in time?
Could you please suggest and share the timelines?

stanfordcali

May 8, 2018
Hey
Can I ask your country?
If it was india.. how much time does it takes in passport stamping..actually I submitted my passport for stamping on 8th May and planning to book tickets for 27th May .. will I be able to get my stamped passport back in time?
Could you please suggest and share the timelines?
Im from Philippines. Most likely, you will get your stamped passport in a week. I believe you will receive your passport before your flight.

Reactions: megs08