+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FEBRUARY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

maxim88

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
got a question, when they send your file to your local visa office,is it still Canadians reviewing your files or is it outsourced ?

thanks

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
For the passport request - do all applicants go through this step or only those who need a visa put in their passport to visit Canada? If everyone gets a request for their passport do you know approximately how long they will have it for? Reason we are asking is because my husband is planning to visit me in the US (where I currently reside) and he's afraid they'll ask for it either right before he's due to fly over and then he won't have it to travel (which of course, we'd just have to change that flight) or he'll be asked while he's here and then be in a foreign country without his passport.

I thought when a decision was made then the PR card would be sent to the applicant and they would enter Canada with that - is this correct?
I've read it somewhere that for the visa exempt countries they just request a copy of a passport. But I might be wrong here.
PR card would be sent only after landing. Prior landing they only issue a confirmation of permanent residence, which is not a travel document (it can't replace a passport to enter a country, in contrast to PR card). To get a PR card after landing will take around 6 weeks.

Reactions: schweisy

Lee&Stacey

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
I've read it somewhere that for the visa exempt countries they just request a copy of a passport. But I might be wrong here.
PR card would be sent only after landing. Prior landing they only issue a confirmation of permanent residence, which is not a travel document (it can't replace a passport to enter a country, in contrast to PR card). To get a PR card after landing will take around 6 weeks.
Thanks so much @alaria ! I hope they just ask for the copy of the passport as you say but I won't hold you to it. :)

It seems like things are going quite quickly at the moment so now we're starting to worry it'll happen before we're quite ready. Well we'll always be ready and happy when it arrives of course :) And I guess it could also slow right down again after the next step. We just need to wait and see!

EDM_DHILLON

Feb 14, 2019
Feb 8th applicant here

still not able to link paper application to my online account

P.S - Feb 7 applicants have started receiving AOR

Should i be worried :(

Jessieroberts12

Dec 9, 2018
Feb 8th applicant here

still not able to link paper application to my online account

P.S - Feb 7 applicants have started receiving AOR

Should i be worried :(
I would not be worried. Everyone gets processed at different times and until it reaches the 60 day mark, you have no reason to worry. I’m Feb 11th applicant so hoping that in the next week or so we will hear something. Stay positive!! Good news coming :)

Reactions: schweisy and alaria

vivekforbes

Feb 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi. When linking an application to GCKey, it's only PA's info. Don't forget to put 2 in the "number of people in the application" field, i.e. a sponsor and a PA (and +1 per dependent if you have any).

For signatures, do you mean in one form you have some pages printed in one format and some other pages in a different format in the same form?
Yes. All the pages in the same format except 4 pages which is in A5 paper.

Saam101

Mar 1, 2019
  1. We sent a letter on March 19, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us, and in Ecas it says Decision made? What’s that mean? Is it normal or?

A.Syed1

Apr 21, 2016
Any 8th feb applicant got AOR ?
Nothing yet... Starting to feel worried. I do not have good track record with these immigration folks. My own PR application took 13 months because for some reason I was "randomly" picked for security screening. For most of my peers it took 4-6 months. Anyways, water under the bridge. I however do not want my spouse to suffer same fate. Hoping to get email this week or next.

Reactions: Imhoney_54