+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FEBRUARY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Hey guys need some help her.. Just a simple question my wife is in Pakistan right now (outland) she also recently got her work visa for dubai and she is planning to move there till the spousal sponsorship application is processed. Right now we are gathering all the required paperwork to complete the file and submit it to Mississauga office by mail (I suppose that's where the the application is sent). So basically I have 2 questions, 1) Who needs to send all the documents via mail do I send it from here in canada or she has to send it via courier/mail service from Pak?
And if she has to send it from there what is better if she waits till she is in dubai first then send it from there or just send it from Pak before she leaves for dubai? Does it helps to speed up the process if she will be technically a resident of dubai?
It's not Mississauga, it's Sydney, Nova Scotia.

You (a sponsor) will send an application from Canada.

You need to notify IRCC about any major changes, including address change. So if you apply right now while she's in Pakistan, you will have to notify IRCC. And in your case it's not only an address change, but a country as well (I don't know how it affects). It would be more consistent to wait till your wife moves to Dubai and fill out all forms with that information (like country of residence, address, etc.)

shaikh125

Mar 12, 2012
It's not Mississauga, it's Sydney, Nova Scotia.

You (a sponsor) will send an application from Canada.

You need to notify IRCC about any major changes, including address change. So if you apply right now while she's in Pakistan, you will have to notify IRCC. And in your case it's not only an address change, but a country as well (I don't know how it affects). It would be more consistent to wait till your wife moves to Dubai and fill out all forms with that information (like country of residence, address, etc.)

So if I have to apply from here all the forms that needs her signatures do I have to ask here to fill them print and sign them and mail them to me or just a scan for her signature forms would be okey?

Thank you so much for your reply

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
So if I have to apply from here all the forms that needs her signatures do I have to ask here to fill them print and sign them and mail them to me or just a scan for her signature forms would be okey?

Thank you so much for your reply
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html

Note: IRCC will normally accept forms with photocopies of signatures. However, you may be asked to provide the original copy of your forms with an original signature if an IRCC officer determines it is necessary.

I can't suggest you anything here, and maybe someone else will based on their experience. I personally wouldn't risk to have ALL signatures photocopied, and would better send them with a courier. But that's what I would do, it's not legal advice.

Plus there are bar-codes, that depend on the information in the forms. There are page numbers. There's lots of aspects. It would be safer to fill out the forms on a computer, then print them all at once and sign.

Reactions: anton1990

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html

Note: IRCC will normally accept forms with photocopies of signatures. However, you may be asked to provide the original copy of your forms with an original signature if an IRCC officer determines it is necessary.

I can't suggest you anything here, and maybe someone else will based on their experience. I personally wouldn't risk to have ALL signatures photocopied, and would better send them with a courier. But that's what I would do, it's not legal advice.

Plus there are bar-codes, that depend on the information in the forms. There are page numbers. There's lots of aspects. It would be safer to fill out the forms on a computer, then print them all at once and sign.
I agree with you. In my case, i fill up my part, went home, she fills up her part. Then forms get validated with barcodes then sign then i take them to canada

shaikh125

Mar 12, 2012
T

Thanks guys I guess I'll ask my wife to fill the forms sign them and send me the physical copy of it!

Cheers!

AlexOT

Star Member
Jan 20, 2019
Hello everyone, my name is Alexander. This my first post, but I've relied heavily on this forum for the past year, preparing our application. Your shared experiences, tips and guidance is amazing and I would like to thank everyone for doing so.

We finished our application together late January, but due to delays at my local government they added weeks of waiting for my VOG (police certificate).
It arrived at my parents the morning of my flight (February 18th), they scanned it, emailed it, we rushed to the nearest printer and finalized the package. I take it as a positive sign that we spent the last few hours together at a Canada post office sending the application.

As requested:

Application sent: 18th Feb 2019
Application Delivered: 21st Feb 2019
PA (primary applicant) Netherlands
AOR1: ..

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Hello everyone, my name is Alexander. This my first post, but I've relied heavily on this forum for the past year, preparing our application. Your shared experiences, tips and guidance is amazing and I would like to thank everyone for doing so.

We finished our application together late January, but due to delays at my local government they added weeks of waiting for my VOG (police certificate).
It arrived at my parents the morning of my flight (February 18th), they scanned it, emailed it, we rushed to the nearest printer and finalized the package. I take it as a positive sign that we spent the last few hours together at a Canada post office sending the application.

As requested:

Application sent: 18th Feb 2019
Application Delivered: 21st Feb 2019
PA (primary applicant) Netherlands
AOR1: ..
Welcome to the forum Alex! Do feel free to add yourself in the Feb 2019 spreadsheet:)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw

Reactions: AlexOT

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Hi guys,

so my partner and I are working on gathering all the required documents to apply for sponsorship, it's going to be an inland app but the thing is that we have been reading in this forum and the immigration website and we are still not exactly clear on everything and how it works. so we have a few question and we were hoping to get some clarification.

1- all the forms must be filled in a computer than printed and signed and then mailed with the supporting documents correct ? does that mean that there's no an online application that can be tracked?
2- we are going to apply for OWP as well, and from what we have read it's a separate app would that be filled online or on paper ? would it help if we apply for it separately ?
3- what does linking the application mean ? and when do we need to do that ?
4- would an OWP work as a visa and can be used to re-enter the country during the PR application or do we need to issue another temporary visa for that purpose ?

Thank you
This is an outland applications thread. You can get better help in the respective inland thread, where folks have more experience regarding your questions.

Reactions: K3nda

Cat12

Feb 26, 2019
Hi everyone I am new in a group. PA from Bosnia.
Application received : February 13
Goodluck everyone