Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
It was requested through my CIC account which I linked it using ECAs while I got the SA approval through email.
Well i guess they just forgot or skipped it ... lol oh well if you have the SA letter, everything seems fine.

Reactions: Awais_ch

JASSDHINDSA89

Dec 17, 2016
Hi,
I just received an email saying “this confirms that your application to sponsor a family member has been received at CIC on 7th feb 2019”. But I cannot link my wife’s account with the application. What is next after this ? How I will know when they request for medical and biometric request.

A.Syed1

Apr 21, 2016
Hi,
I just received an email saying “this confirms that your application to sponsor a family member has been received at CIC on 7th feb 2019”. But I cannot link my wife’s account with the application. What is next after this ? How I will know when they request for medical and biometric request.
Why can't you link? I was able to link today even though I haven't received AOR yet. My application was received on 8th.

Pretty sure if you are seeing "In Progress" in ECAS you will also be able to link the application

JASSDHINDSA89

Dec 17, 2016
Why can't you link? I was able to link today even though I haven't received AOR yet. My application was received on 8th.

Pretty sure if you are seeing "In Progress" in ECAS you will also be able to link the application
Thanks for all your help.
As you suggested I tried again, it worked this time. I am in and I can see the status and everything. So from here on, when ever they need anything I will get email and message notification in this portal ?

Rass Elmal

Oct 30, 2018
Same thing with me.
Ecas says " in progress " but I couldn't link the app. to my GcKey/CIC account. no AOR either
I guess Ecas et Gckey are two different animals!!

Lee&Stacey

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Thanks for all your help.
As you suggested I tried again, it worked this time. I am in and I can see the status and everything. So from here on, when ever they need anything I will get email and message notification in this portal ?
We received an email for the AOR and the Sponsor Approval at the sponsor's email address. For the biometrics and medical requests the sponsor received an email that basically says there is an update to your account, go check it. Those emails didn't specify what the update was but we could tell when we logged in what was being requested.

APassi

Mar 16, 2019
Hey All! Great to see pretty much everyone getting updates. I received the Biometrics request letter yesterday. My wife got an appointment to get it done on 4th April, it's far but couldn't get an earlier date. Technically, we have 30 days to submit Biometrics. i hope this isn't of any concern.
I also received my Sponsorship Approval today! I still haven't received a Medical Request.
So, what are the next steps after this? Since my sponsorship approval is done, does the application now go to the Outland SA's VO in their country?

JASSDHINDSA89

Dec 17, 2016
We received an email for the AOR and the Sponsor Approval at the sponsor's email address. For the biometrics and medical requests the sponsor received an email that basically says there is an update to your account, go check it. Those emails didn't specify what the update was but we could tell when we logged in what was being requested.
Thanks for the clarification, so when you received bio metric and medical request how did you book you appointment. Is there a phone number you have to call or email them.

Lee&Stacey

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Thanks for the clarification, so when you received bio metric and medical request how did you book you appointment. Is there a phone number you have to call or email them.
You're welcome.

For the biometrics there was this link (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/where-to-give-biometrics.asp) in our letter and then you choose where you can give your fingerprints and follow the instructions for that office. My husband did his in London and he was able to book an appointment online for the next morning. When he booked it he received an email with an appointment letter.

For the medical there was this link (https://secure.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx) in our letter and then you choose your country or territory to find doctors near you. There were a few options in London so he picked one and made an appointment with them by phone. He could have gotten an appointment the same day but made the appointment for the next day so he could take time off work for it.

Both letters we received were very clear as to what steps needed to be done and what information/documents he needed to bring with him for each appointment which is so nice.

I'm not sure if all offices for biometrics and medicals will be as accommodating as the ones in London have been. We feel pretty fortunate to have been able to complete these things so quickly.

Reactions: megs08 and alaria

EDM_DHILLON

Feb 14, 2019
Hey All! Great to see pretty much everyone getting updates. I received the Biometrics request letter yesterday. My wife got an appointment to get it done on 4th April, it's far but couldn't get an earlier date. Technically, we have 30 days to submit Biometrics. i hope this isn't of any concern.
I also received my Sponsorship Approval today! I still haven't received a Medical Request.
So, what are the next steps after this? Since my sponsorship approval is done, does the application now go to the Outland SA's VO in their country?
Sponsorship approval shows up on online account or a separate email is sent out from CIC ? :confused:

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
Sponsorship approval shows up on online account or a separate email is sent out from CIC ? :confused:
The sponsor will get an email. You can also see it in eCAS on the sponsor's side once it says "decision made."

Reactions: EDM_DHILLON

Boolbool

Star Member
Feb 15, 2019
App received 7feb
Aor 19 mar

When i try to check app on ecas, it only pops up with sponsor data and uci number, doesnt pop up with principal applicant data.

Chkey, not able to find application either by sponsor data or principal applicant. No of trials exceeded and account on hold . I tried everything possible mix and maych game since yesterday. 15 trials till now and not able to find it ! :(

Any advice?
I tried all options as previous posts in this forum, make 1, make 2, single, married, space bar after names and data inserted, with pa data, with soonsar data! Also nothing!

Any advice? :(

I dont mind linking it! But as my understanding i should link it to able to get med and biom request applications. What if i dont link it and just dont give a shit. Will those applications and everythibg will be sent by email and accessible? Or its not an option and i should link it, to avoid they send thise bio and med request by regular mail and things got lost?

Thx for reading this

I hope any advice based in experience or knowledge!

Thanks

i4sadiq

Dec 13, 2018
Hi,

My application was received on March 5th. Mine is outbound, so I sent it to 49 Dorchester Street Sydney, NS (courier address). However, the receiving party did not want to show the receiving signature so only the name of the receiver appears as IMO. Did anyone else have the same experience? Also, how long does it take to link the paper application online?