+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FEBRUARY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Lee&Stacey

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Hi everyone, I got email today that I’m required for interview,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. An officer has determined that an in-person interview is required in order to continue the assessment of your application.
Your file is in queue for an interview during an upcoming area trip. The interview trip will likely take place sometime within the next 6-12 months; however the dates have not yet been confirmed.
An 'area trip'? Does that mean they are coming to you?
6-12 months seems like a lot.

Have you tried calling IRCC to see if they can give you any other information?

Mark66

Oct 4, 2019

Have you tried calling IRCC to see if they can give you any other information?
Sorry I didn’t include the whole email,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. An officer has determined that an in-person interview is required in order to continue the assessment of your application.
Your file is in queue for an interview during an upcoming area trip. The interview trip will likely take place sometime within the next 6-12 months; however the dates have not yet been confirmed.
Should you wish to have an earlier interview date, we would be pleased to offer the option of having your interview take place at IRCC London, United Kingdom, on any working day that is convenient for you. Please note that you are under no obligation to accept an earlier option.
Please also note that all travel costs to attend your interview in London would be your responsibility, as would the process of obtaining the required travel visa for the United Kingdom, if applicable in your case.
If you do not wish to travel to London, your interview will be scheduled during an upcoming area trip to your region within the next 6-12 months. Area trips are conducted to IRCC offices in Islamabad and Abu Dhabi. If we do not hear from you, we will assume that you do not wish to travel to London and your interview will be scheduled during an upcoming area trip.
If you are interested in the option of the interview in London, please respond to this email within the next seven (7) days and provide us with a possible date range so that we may coordinate scheduling. Please do not book any travel until you have received a confirmation of the interview date and time from us.
*Please include your name, application number, and client ID number (UCI) in all your correspondence. A client ID number, also referred to as a unique client identifier number (UCI), and an application number can be found on any official document issued by an IRCC office.

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14

Should you wish to have an earlier interview date, we would be pleased to offer the option of having your interview take place at IRCC London, United Kingdom, on any working day that is convenient for you. Please note that you are under no obligation to accept an earlier option.
Please also note that all travel costs to attend your interview in London would be your responsibility, as would the process of obtaining the required travel visa for the United Kingdom, if applicable in your case.
If you do not wish to travel to London, your interview will be scheduled during an upcoming area trip to your region within the next 6-12 months. Area trips are conducted to IRCC offices in Islamabad and Abu Dhabi. If we do not hear from you, we will assume that you do not wish to travel to London and your interview will be scheduled during an upcoming area trip.
If you are interested in the option of the interview in London, please respond to this email within the next seven (7) days and provide us with a possible date range so that we may coordinate scheduling. Please do not book any travel until you have received a confirmation of the interview date and time from us.
*Please include your name, application number, and client ID number (UCI) in all your correspondence. A client ID number, also referred to as a unique client identifier number (UCI), and an application number can be found on any official document issued by an IRCC office.
Yeah right , how cool is that if your pa is from a visa country again money and money is all, that matters...or you waste 6 to 12 months having to repass medical which is also money.

Faraz Khan

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019

Didn’t the mention in GCkey that need a interview before?

Lee&Stacey

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019

Well, this certainly isn't good that you have to wait that long or spend all that money to come to the UK for an interview. :-(

On your earlier message, you mentioned needing to get fingerprints from the RCMP. I guess I'm confused why you would need additional fingerprints because I thought they got your fingerprints when they do the biometrics.

Sorry you're needing to go through these steps. I hope you're able to get everything completed so they can finish processing your application.

Mark66

Oct 4, 2019
Well, this certainly isn't good that you have to wait that long or spend all that money to come to the UK for an interview. :-(

On your earlier message, you mentioned needing to get fingerprints from the RCMP. I guess I'm confused why you would need additional fingerprints because I thought they got your fingerprints when they do the biometrics.

Sorry you're needing to go through these steps. I hope you're able to get everything completed so they can finish processing your application.
Yeah I’m confused too but I guess I’ll go to do the interview I can’t wait anymore it’s a long and stressing process , and yeah they did ask for fingerprints yesterday for RCMP check even tho I did biometrics on May and criminal record when I submitted my application On January 2019

Faraz Khan

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019
Yeah I’m confused too but I guess I’ll go to do the interview I can’t wait anymore it’s a long and stressing process , and yeah they did ask for fingerprints yesterday for RCMP check even tho I did biometrics on May and criminal record when I submitted my application On January 2019
I’m wondering when they’re asking the fingerprints as they valid for ten years.

dmurrman

Dec 5, 2018
Hi everyone, I got email today that I’m required for interview,

Oh man that's rough, I hope it's not actually 6 months wow

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I don't know if this helps, but for what it's worth: immigration has centralised offices and does these 'area trips' to particular countries on a semi-regular basis. Since the territories they cover from some offices are enormous, yes, for a given country it may only be once or twice a year, plus scheduling issues on both sides.

Anyway the upshot is the same, if you can get to London (or one of their other hubs), it'll speed things up.