Jul 30, 2017
Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
3/7/2019
AOR Received.
4/5/2019
Has anyone applied for spousal sponsorship without having a job in Canada ? Did it go through ?
Are you in Canada currently?

There is not minimum income for spousal sponsorship, however if you are in Canada you cannot be receiving any social assistance.

If you are in Canada and do not work you have to provide proof of how you plan to support you and your spouse. For example if you live with family, they can send a letter saying they will take care of your expenses. If you you have savings you can send your bank statements.

If you are not living in Canada you don't need a job but you will have to provide basically your plans on how you plan to support yourselves. What kind of job you will be looking for , what your education is like and what you could expect to make in Canada once your working. Also you can share your spouses credentials if they are educated and how they plan to use that in Canada.

All I can say is you will need to need to explain pretty well how you plan on supporting each other in order to be considered. They need to be sure that in the end you will not be asking the government for assistance.

Reactions: mmuntaha
Sep 26, 2019
Are you in Canada currently?

There is not minimum income for spousal sponsorship, however if you are in Canada you cannot be receiving any social assistance.

If you are in Canada and do not work you have to provide proof of how you plan to support you and your spouse. For example if you live with family, they can send a letter saying they will take care of your expenses. If you you have savings you can send your bank statements.

If you are not living in Canada you don't need a job but you will have to provide basically your plans on how you plan to support yourselves. What kind of job you will be looking for , what your education is like and what you could expect to make in Canada once your working. Also you can share your spouses credentials if they are educated and how they plan to use that in Canada.

All I can say is you will need to need to explain pretty well how you plan on supporting each other in order to be considered. They need to be sure that in the end you will not be asking the government for assistance.
Yes am in Canada , for the past 2 months searching for jobs and missing my family wife and kids already hence wanted to check on this. I do have sufficient funds in my account and properties to liquidate when we are here for good. So i guess based the response you gave , I should be good to proceed ... has anyone done it in this group and was it a success ?

Janeth7789

Jul 30, 2017
Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
3/7/2019
AOR Received.
4/5/2019
Yes am in Canada , for the past 2 months searching for jobs and missing my family wife and kids already hence wanted to check on this. I do have sufficient funds in my account and properties to liquidate when we are here for good. So i guess based the response you gave , I should be good to proceed ... has anyone done it in this group and was it a success ?
Im not aware of anyone that has done this but you will need to give detailed proof of how you plan to support them.

Perhaps letting them know where you have applied or gone to interview to prove you are currently job seeking. Maybe you have emails to back this up? Also include your expected income in the field you are applying too. Anything you can provide will help.

Reactions: mmuntaha

steve88

Oct 11, 2019
Is it good to request a ATIP during the spouse PR process ? if applied will there be any impact on the processing timeline

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Is it good to request a ATIP during the spouse PR process ? if applied will there be any impact on the processing timeline
You can ask theres no impact at all

tobicanadavisa

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Has anyone applied for spousal sponsorship without having a job in Canada ? Did it go through ?
Yes, i did and i got sponsorship approval(Spousal approval) over 6 months ago, just waiting for PPR now, which is imminent. I provided financial document that shows what i have in investment (you could provide your bank statement showing substantial balance), a letter of expression explaining my status in Canada, also explained i do not receive any social assistance from the government, how much i have in investment as detailed in the investment document, my plans of getting a job (as i was already applying for jobs then).

Its pretty simple, just articulate how you intend to take care of yourself and your spouse, provide documents if needs be and do a letter to further explain.

All the best!

dmurrman

Dec 5, 2018
I included a letter of support from my brother, saying he'd help out financially if need be, included also his bank balance. Also u should make a monthly expenses list, to show the cic how much money u need to survive with your partner etc. This will make them confident that you have thought it through and won't become a financial burden on the government

rrumzy

Jun 13, 2019
i applied for sponsorship when i got my offer letter. when ICRC processed as unemployed. they ran social assistance chech on me. as long as you can prove you are papable and not receive hand out you will be fine.

Lee&Stacey

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Hi All, just received an email of file transfer to London VO.

Feb 13th 2019 file recieved.

Waiting for BM, pre arrival now.
We received notice that our file was transferred to London VO on Oct 3rd too. PA is from the UK.

What we found strange is that we received a request on Sept 25th for the PA to renew his passport (because it was going to expire in Sept 2020) and that notice said the application was on hold until that was submitted. Because we had a trip booked and were leaving on Oct 1st we decided to wait until we got back to update the passport so there wouldn't be any issues on our trip but we received notice while on the trip (Oct 3rd) that the file had been transferred. I'm glad it continued to move along and had been transferred, though from what we've heard London VO is slow so we were hoping it would go to Mississauga but any progress is good.

We returned from our trip yesterday and my husband picked up his renewed passport today and it's been uploaded to our application. Fingers crossed they can proceed now.