+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FEBRUARY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Hello, got figured out it was cancelled due to incomplete info, they sent the whole package to my husband in May with the instruction to submit a police certificate, I didn't know that the process would go back from the beginning after we've mailed again the documents with the lacking info, so now we have a new application number and I have just received Biometrics and Med request, thanks god! For biometrics I see only to location here in PH which is Cebu and Manila, I live in General Santos, so I would probably choose Cebu, any input on what to bring and how long does it take for the Biometrics process? Thanks a lot in advance.
Can you please clarify a bit. Was it cancelled and sent back to you? Or it was cancelled, you mailed a new police certificate, and they started a new application with existing documents from an old one? Or you had to send them the whole new application?

I've never seen such a case before...

hahajklol

Apr 17, 2019
Hi everyone! We got great news today (PPR), but I have a question.

We applied Outland while in Canada, and the sponsee and I are now in the Netherlands (sponsee's home country).

Our main question is: does the sponsee need to have the COPR in order to enter Canada? She is from a visa-exempt country (just requires an eTA) – and IRCC says on this letter that people from visa-exempt countries do NOT need a PR Visa affixed in their passport (and must not send in their passport). So really, this PPR is actually a PassPort Copy Request.

I (we) have a home address in Canada (from which we applied), and I could have the COPR sent to that address – but then she wouldn't have the COPR for entering Canada. I guess I could then have someone in Canada send the COPR to us in the Netherlands, but this seems a bit convoluted and more expensive than I think it should be.

Can she 1) enter the country using a visitor visa (i.e. using the eTA she has used for previous entries as well), then 2) shortly thereafter retrieve the COPR from our home address and then 3) go to a Visa Office for the officer to verify her COPR and administer her PR Card?

Or, would it be easier to send the documents to the nearest European VO? (if so, what would the next steps look like as far as receiving her COPR, and how long might it take?)

Thanks in advance for your help! We are so excited!!!

Ahmed_oh

May 13, 2019
We are in the same boat. Been waiting for CSQ. QC acknowledged receipt of our file on 12th July and CC has also been charged. It's been a month now and no news.
Just be patient.

Hello if anyone is facing delays on CSQ for family reunification, i am an outland applicant had submitted my file on June 26th,2019 (CSQ) Normally the QC immigration issues it in 25 days but as per shown on their website they are processing files received on May 15th, anyone in the same situation?

Reactions: karan sallan

fan.convex

Jul 19, 2019
We are in the same boat. Been waiting for CSQ. QC acknowledged receipt of our file on 12th July and CC has also been charged. It's been a month now and no news.
Just be patient.
MIDI acknowledged receipt of my file on 12th June and credit card was charged on the same day. My CSQ was approved on 2nd August. It definitely takes more than 25 days now.

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
MIDI acknowledged receipt of my file on 12th June and credit card was charged on the same day. My CSQ was approved on 2nd August. It definitely takes more than 25 days now.
Vacation timing... everything turns to slow

lccliff

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Richmond, BC
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
19-03-2019
AOR Received.
17-04-2019
File Transfer...
23-05-2019
Med's Request
09-05-2019
Med's Done....
23-05-2019
Hi everyone! We got great news today (PPR), but I have a question.

We applied Outland while in Canada, and the sponsee and I are now in the Netherlands (sponsee's home country).

Our main question is: does the sponsee need to have the COPR in order to enter Canada? She is from a visa-exempt country (just requires an eTA) – and IRCC says on this letter that people from visa-exempt countries do NOT need a PR Visa affixed in their passport (and must not send in their passport). So really, this PPR is actually a PassPort Copy Request.

I (we) have a home address in Canada (from which we applied), and I could have the COPR sent to that address – but then she wouldn't have the COPR for entering Canada. I guess I could then have someone in Canada send the COPR to us in the Netherlands, but this seems a bit convoluted and more expensive than I think it should be.

Can she 1) enter the country using a visitor visa (i.e. using the eTA she has used for previous entries as well), then 2) shortly thereafter retrieve the COPR from our home address and then 3) go to a Visa Office for the officer to verify her COPR and administer her PR Card?

Or, would it be easier to send the documents to the nearest European VO? (if so, what would the next steps look like as far as receiving her COPR, and how long might it take?)

Thanks in advance for your help! We are so excited!!!
She can come in as a visitor, and receive the COPR at your home address but she must cross the border and return to Canada to activate it. This could be a land border...US is obviously easiest. There are lots of threads about it here you can look at. Might be some technical details to be aware of.

Parora06

Jul 31, 2019
Hello Guys ,

Anyone in this group that received AOR 1 and after that no update for a month or so?

If no , is there someone in this group , for whom it took long time to get SA.

I am a little concerned because for me its exactly 1 month today that after AOR 1 i got no update.

My timeline : May31st file received

AOR 1 - July 20th 2019.

Reactions: Muhyy90

dmurrman

Dec 5, 2018
Hello Guys ,

Anyone in this group that received AOR 1 and after that no update for a month or so?

I am a little concerned because for me its exactly 1 month today that after AOR 1 i got no update.

AOR 1 - July 20th 2019.
Usually takes over a month, even up to 4 months, don't worry.

Ephy610

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
Hello Guys ,

AOR 1 - July 20th 2019.

I received AOR1 March 25
And SA June 7.

Reactions: Muhyy90