Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Hi.. Did you enter Canada under Dual Intent? If so, how did that go?
Thanks
We are all stuck at waiting a turn to be transferred at VO it's not really related where you are right now @LeeStacey

candyboop

Apr 18, 2019
Hello, new here. (Outland sponsorship- Canada/ US)

Application received: Feb 4, 2019
Sponsorship approved: April 4, 2019
Medical passed: April 2019
File transferred to Mississauga: April 10, 2019
PPR: June 13, 2019
PPR sent: June 14, 2019
PPR received: June 17, 2019
COPR issued: ???

Anyone else waiting for COPR as well or can give an approximate waiting time?
I thought COPRs comes with the passport (someone confirmed this to me-in other group) .. mine was ,, when I picked up my passport - packed in VFS enveloped with COPR..

I have checked the tracker and most of applicants they received their passport and COPR with the same , one waited 11days in between Passport and COPR..

Last edited:
Reactions: Lacey77

Lee&Stacey

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Anyone else not received notification of transfer to visa office yet? Medical was passed more than 2 months back.

People who applied after me have even received PPRs and my application hasn't even really started since it didn't get moved to the visa office yet. Seems like for IRCC there is distinction between two PRs or citizens based on where they hail from. So much for fair and just system.
We are at the same step as you are. Medical and biometrics completed in March and we haven't heard anything since. We were hoping by now we would have at least heard it had gone to VO. Guess we just need to be patient.

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
We are at the same step as you are. Medical and biometrics completed in March and we haven't heard anything since. We were hoping by now we would have at least heard it had gone to VO. Guess we just need to be patient.
Is def a long wait.. i'm in the same situation. *sigh*

Reactions: Lee&Stacey

Lee&Stacey

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Hi.. Did you enter Canada under Dual Intent? If so, how did that go?
Thanks
No, my husband didn't enter under dual intent. On this trip, I (the sponsor) moved back to Canada and imported all my personal belongings. My husband was with me as he helped me drive the U-Haul truck from Texas (USA) with my stuff.

When we arrived at the border they asked where we lived. I stated that I was moving back to Canada and my husband said he lives in the UK. He was only staying a week so they just processed him in as they have for all other visits. We actually didn't know about Dual Intent until reading these threads today, but we were prepared with copies of everything from our application so far in case the officers had any questions.

For my part, I am happy to say that moving back was a great experience! I spoke to an officer that checked over my paperwork for all the belongings I was bringing in with me. He stamped me in (including a stamp in my passport that says "RR" = Returning Resident) and welcomed me back to Canada.

Now with that said, the way it is looking now our application won't be finished processing any time soon so my husband likely will be visiting under dual intent by the end of this year. Sounds like that shouldn't be too much of an issue but can let everyone know how that goes IF he has to do that.

Reactions: Chloe10

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
No, my husband didn't enter under dual intent. On this trip, I (the sponsor) moved back to Canada and imported all my personal belongings. My husband was with me as he helped me drive the U-Haul truck from Texas (USA) with my stuff.

When we arrived at the border they asked where we lived. I stated that I was moving back to Canada and my husband said he lives in the UK. He was only staying a week so they just processed him in as they have for all other visits. We actually didn't know about Dual Intent until reading these threads today, but we were prepared with copies of everything from our application so far in case the officers had any questions.

For my part, I am happy to say that moving back was a great experience! I spoke to an officer that checked over my paperwork for all the belongings I was bringing in with me. He stamped me in (including a stamp in my passport that says "RR" = Returning Resident) and welcomed me back to Canada.

Now with that said, the way it is looking now our application won't be finished processing any time soon so my husband likely will be visiting under dual intent by the end of this year. Sounds like that shouldn't be too much of an issue but can let everyone know how that goes IF he has to do that.
Cause PA is from a visa exempt country... just taking some ties to the origin country and such and usually nope it's not a problem... but for all the others.. it's really tough to get TRV unless you get to end on a really nice Officer or you have an incredible batch of proofs of intention to return.

Jessieroberts12

Dec 9, 2018
Just checked GC and it says “application/profile updated” but there’s no update on there? Nothing has changed. Then it went back to “submitted”. Anyone know what this could be? Maybe a glitch?
We got transferred to CPC-M on June 24th.

Adeena

May 11, 2019
Just checked GC and it says “application/profile updated” but there’s no update on there? Nothing has changed. Then it went back to “submitted”. Anyone know what this could be? Maybe a glitch?
We got transferred to CPC-M on June 24th.
That's a ghost update. PPR coming soon

Reactions: DepNG

Jessieroberts12

Dec 9, 2018
They're working on your file that's why you got a ghost update. And some people get ghost update 2,3 times before getting PPR.
Oh right! I’m thinking that I could be maybe getting Pre Arrival Email next? I think PPR would come through once I have DM and line 2 on ECAS?

Reactions: DepNG