+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FEBRUARY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Worriedapplicant

Feb 11, 2016
Guys..is it possible to get a decision made without a VO transfer?

Heres my timeline:

Application sent...Feb 22
Recieved...Feb 26
AOR 1... April 2
Biometrics Request..April 3
Medical Request...April 4
Sponsor Approval...April 3
Application linked to GCKey...April 4
Biometrics Completed...April 4
Biometrics updated to GCkey...April 15
Medical Completed...April 5
Medical Passed...April 10

My husband did alot of travelling could that be part of the reason why our file hasnt been transfered yet? Kinda worried

Waggles88

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Guys..is it possible to get a decision made without a VO transfer?

Heres my timeline:

Application sent...Feb 22
Recieved...Feb 26
AOR 1... April 2
Biometrics Request..April 3
Medical Request...April 4
Sponsor Approval...April 3
Application linked to GCKey...April 4
Biometrics Completed...April 4
Biometrics updated to GCkey...April 15
Medical Completed...April 5
Medical Passed...April 10

My husband did alot of travelling could that be part of the reason why our file hasnt been transfered yet? Kinda worried
Yes it does need to be transferred.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-where.html

May 17, 2019
Newbie here. Applying for requested additional requirements police certificate. PA from Philippines but studying here in Australia. On my ECAS says: any thoughts on this? Am i near PPR?

1. We received your application for permanent residence on February 7, 2019.
  2. We started processing your application on May 6, 2019.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on March 21, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent you correspondence on May 17, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Reactions: Caron95

Waggles88

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
It could be a reason but no one really knows how the process REALLY works.

There are a lot of applications from Dec and Jan that haven’t been transferred yet so stick in there. You got this! Everyone on the forum is here to support one another.
If there was a problem, IRCC would be telling you this.

Waggles88

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Newbie here. Applying for requested additional requirements police certificate. PA from Philippines but studying here in Australia. On my ECAS says: any thoughts on this? Am i near PPR?

1. We received your application for permanent residence on February 7, 2019.
  2. We started processing your application on May 6, 2019.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on March 21, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent you correspondence on May 17, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
It means an officer has opened your application so that’s always a good thing.
Make sure you get the right police certificate through the Australian federal police and not just the state police. Also, what state in Australia does the PA reside in? If it’s Victoria or Queensland you may also need a drivers abstract.

Reactions: Edmund Nicolas
May 17, 2019
It means an officer has opened your application so that’s always a good thing.
Make sure you get the right police certificate through the Australian federal police and not just the state police. Also, what state in Australia does the PA reside in? If it’s Victoria or Queensland you may also need a drivers abstract.
From QLD doing the drivers abstract too.Already did a research, thanks by the way. Are you from OZ applicant too?

APassi

Mar 16, 2019
Hello everyone!

My journey for my wife's PR has finally ended. She received her Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) on 15th May, her application was received on 2nd February, time period has been a little over 3 months. Of course, the actual PR will arrive after arrival in Canada. It's heartening to know the process has been made considerably faster. Another thing that helped was there were explicit and clear instructions to follow, and forums such as this one to track progress and address doubts, so much so that I achieved this without any professional help.

I am grateful for the founder of this thread, and all the participants, and hope that everyone gets their applications processed as fast as they can happen.

samijade14

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Australia
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
AOR Received.
27-03-2019
File Transfer...
17-05-2019
Med's Request
29-01-2020
Med's Done....
03-02-2020
Hello everyone!

My journey for my wife's PR has finally ended. She received her Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) on 15th May, her application was received on 2nd February, time period has been a little over 3 months. Of course, the actual PR will arrive after arrival in Canada. It's heartening to know the process has been made considerably faster. Another thing that helped was there were explicit and clear instructions to follow, and forums such as this one to track progress and address doubts, so much so that I achieved this without any professional help.

I am grateful for the founder of this thread, and all the participants, and hope that everyone gets their applications processed as fast as they can happen.
congrats! that awesome news for your partner and yourself. Was it processed Mississauga Vo?

Marcy1

Oct 28, 2018
Hello everyone!

Congrats

Waggles88

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
From QLD doing the drivers abstract too.Already did a research, thanks by the way. Are you from OZ applicant too?
Great to hear!!
Yeah, I am Qld, Australia too.
The drivers abstract takes two seconds to get which is nice and the AFP sent my police certificate within the same week (even when they say it can take up to six weeks)

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Waggles88
So you mean that if we haven't that "started processing your app" on ecas , the envelop is still sealed and closed ( on queue ) ? No one has ever opened it besides to see if all was there for AOR) Wow this is starting to be a real joke....

Vee1990

May 13, 2019
Hie all

We just got married in December and no dependants as yet.on the dependants section on the generic application form.Do we just leave it blank?

Many thanks

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Hie all

We just got married in December and no dependants as yet.on the dependants section on the generic application form.Do we just leave it blank?

Many thanks
I think i wrote NONE and crossed lines

Marcy1

Oct 28, 2018
Hie all

Many thanks
If both of you have no children then you put n/a (not applicable)