+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***FEBRUARY 2019*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Winterberg

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Our passport was valid only until Jan 2020. We sent in the renewed passport later via WebForm but they still issued it with Jan 2020 expiry date.On call with CIC now to figure out how to change it according to new passport. They give it for 2years generally. So you are good for 2years.
I need to renew passport as well. Did you confirm that they received and updated your new passport?
Keep us updated once you heard from them. Thanks!

divya2991

Nov 8, 2018
I need to renew passport as well. Did you confirm that they received and updated your new passport?
Keep us updated once you heard from them. Thanks!
We called CIC sometime back and their response was 'They will only consider the copy of passport which was originally sent with the application. Even if we send the latest via Webform, they don't consider unless it was something they asked us to send( that was news to me!). So for now we have to stay with the OWP expiring Jan 2020. We can apply for its renewal 3 months prior to expiry.'

Just hoping that recruiters don't have a prob with just 8 months OWP. Hopefully we can explain to them that PR is in progress and OWP can be extended too.

Winterberg

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
We called CIC sometime back and their response was 'They will only consider the copy of passport which was originally sent with the application. Even if we send the latest via Webform, they don't consider unless it was something they asked us to send( that was news to me!). So for now we have to stay with the OWP expiring Jan 2020. We can apply for its renewal 3 months prior to expiry.'

Just hoping that recruiters don't have a prob with just 8 months OWP. Hopefully we can explain to them that PR is in progress and OWP can be extended too.
Well, that sucks. Try your best and wish you good luck!
Does anyone have experience/information about renewing passport during the PR application? Will that may delay the process?

Idarar

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Hello everyone

My OWP application got returned due to insufficient fees in January

I resubmitted my application on 5 feb 2019.Review of eligibility hasn’t started yet for my application.do you think resubmitted applications take longer than the first time accepted applications?and also to resubmit the application I was told to sent it to CPC Edmonton office but I live in Toronto.all other applicants of the same date have got OWP’s approved.is this office backlog?

Processing times for this office?anyone applied to this office?

Backira2019

Apr 10, 2019
Hello all I just got my correspondence letter emailed on my g key account. So with this letter I am going to service Ontario for the SIN number? The letter just says about my duration of my ETA status and work permit duration. Thanks.

fanvandjetkan

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
AOR Received.
03-04-2019
File Transfer...
29-07-2019
Med's Request
30-04-2019
Hello all I just got my correspondence letter emailed on my g key account. So with this letter I am going to service Ontario for the SIN number? The letter just says about my duration of my ETA status and work permit duration. Thanks.
No, you wait for the letter that comes in the mail. Then you go to Service Ontario

Reactions: Backira2019

divya2991

Nov 8, 2018
Hello everyone

I resubmitted my application on 5 feb 2019.Review of eligibility hasn’t started yet for my application.do you think resubmitted applications take longer than the first time accepted applications?and also to resubmit the application I was told to sent it to CPC Edmonton office but I live in Toronto.all other applicants of the same date have got OWP’s approved.is this office backlog?

Actually even for the ones that applied for the first time along with their PR application to Mississauga office, the OWP applications are then sent to Edmonton. So everyone's OWP gets processed at Edmonton.
I am not sure if they have a separate timeline for applications that were resubmitted.

AMeyer

Jan 29, 2019
I know we're still well within the 4 month processing timeline, but whhhyyy has our OWP eligibility not started yet?
Our application was received on Feb 6th!

I guess this is why the CIC grumbles about this forum... sets applicant expectations way too high.

Ivylebrun

Jan 9, 2019
Hello everyone

It happened to me too .
I sent it again on March 19 .
I was told that if you are out of status you need to pay 200 dollars for status restoration otherwise they keep that aside till the sponsor is approved , what may takes 10 months to happen.