+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***FEBRUARY 2019*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

LindaH

Feb 13, 2019
Hi all, I added a row for my application details to the spousal/common law tracker (google spreadsheet) and see many of you have been able to link your applications in ECAS. I have tried this a few times and failed (and maxed out my attempts now) so I need to wait a few hours and try again.
I don't have application numbers for anything, as we obviously haven't heard anything since the initial tracking delivery confirmation when our application was received by the office on the 21st Feb.

We haven't received AOR yet, though I did notice that someone whose application was received a day after ours got AOR a couple of days ago on the 8th April, so fingers crossed we'll get AOR this week. This process is causing me stress, I know I need to chill out but it's so hard sometimes. So tough not being able to work, just helplessly waiting for news and trying to stay busy and positive!

Mimszie

Jun 25, 2011
Hi all, I added a row for my application details to the spousal/common law tracker (google spreadsheet) and see many of you have been able to link your applications in ECAS. I have tried this a few times and failed (and maxed out my attempts now) so I need to wait a few hours and try again.
I don't have application numbers for anything, as we obviously haven't heard anything since the initial tracking delivery confirmation when our application was received by the office on the 21st Feb.

We haven't received AOR yet, though I did notice that someone whose application was received a day after ours got AOR a couple of days ago on the 8th April, so fingers crossed we'll get AOR this week. This process is causing me stress, I know I need to chill out but it's so hard sometimes. So tough not being able to work, just helplessly waiting for news and trying to stay busy and positive!
We are in the same boat. Received on the 22nd Feb and still nothing yet ! Can get no agent on the line for more information, so stressful !!

Reactions: LindaH

Backira2019

Apr 10, 2019
OWP approved couple of mins ago. And its valid for 2 years till 2021. So I'm assuming it will be mailed by next week now?

Feb 14th application received
April 3rd AOR
April 10th OWP linked and approved.

My permanent residence application hasn't started yet. They didnt even put it in the cic yet as my eligibility has not started yet. Good luck to all February applicants and I am sure you will be approved very soon. Thanks.

AMeyer

Jan 29, 2019
Hey, did you try linking it with his passport information? We tried to link it numerous times and then when we tried to do it with the passport info option, it worked. My suggestion would be to fill out the information that you wrote in form IMM5710 *exactly* and input his family name and DoB (dont do anything with app numbers and again, follow the spelling exactly as it is in 5710). I can send you screenshots if needed.

Perhaps it has been approved - mine was approved and mailed but with no e-mail. I figured they would of sent back your OWP by now (when they were doing the AoR) so I'm gonna be positive and say it is in the system.

I wish you luck ... try calling the CIC and asking for the OWP application number (select options 3-2-0).
Update: I have finally linked our OWP on GCKey! I'd tried using the PA's UCI and Family Name + Passport info over and over with no luck. Then just now, I managed to link it using Family Name, Given Name and Date of Birth - the key piece being that I entered:

Family name: Smith
Given name: John Middle

I know I've tried entering his first and middle name before and it didn't work, but for some reason this time, it did! It hasn't been approved though. The application says "Eligibility review hasn't started yet" and no email to be seen! The received date is 7 days before it would've been received- like I've seen others post here. So at least we're in the system!

I swear my agent dropped our OWP application on the floor and JUST found it this afternoon.

Application sent: February 4, 2019
Received: February 6, 2019
AOR: March 26, 2019
PR linked: March 26, 2019
OWP linked: April 10, 2019
OWP approved: Waiting
OWP received in mail: Waiting

merryhappy

Feb 25, 2019
Still no update on OWP...
App sent: feb 13
App received: feb 19
AOR: apr 3
PR/OWP app linked gckey: apr 4.

I see same date applicants have already got their owp approved.
My application says it’s still in progress.
What’s the chance of rejection?
Did you guys receive an email once it moved to reviewing your eligibility?

So stressful!

Backira2019

Apr 10, 2019
If it's still in progress you may expect approval within the next couple of days. It wont get rejected dont worry. I've been through the same procedure till it got approved today

Reactions: merryhappy

merryhappy

Feb 25, 2019
If it's still in progress you may expect approval within the next couple of days. It wont get rejected dont worry. I've been through the same procedure till it got approved today
Thanks. I’m not in a good place right now so this work permit is important to me :(
Did you get an email for every update?
Or did you just get an email on approval?

Backira2019

Apr 10, 2019
It did thank you so much. But I didnt receive an email. I accidentally logged in and saw the final decision and approval status. Did you receive the actually mail?

traagt

Apr 11, 2019
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
15-04-2019
AOR Received.
25-05-2019
Application received: Feb 19

No AOR. Should I be worried?