+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***FEBRUARY 2019*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Tmcdchef87

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hey just to verify with all the Feb inland applicants, did you submit your biometric fee? My consultant said inland applications are currently exempt from the process? We did not include the fee upon submitting the app.

Carlos25

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Hey just to verify with all the Feb inland applicants, did you submit your biometric fee? My consultant said inland applications are currently exempt from the process? We did not include the fee upon submitting the app.
Yes that’s true, we didn’t pay the biometric fee either :)

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
Application sent: February 08
Application received: February 11
AOR: Waiting
Normally you will get an email within 2-3 months. In my case I did not receive an AOR. The first email i got from them was a Medical Request which I do not expect to right away

App received: Jan 25, 2019
Sponsor AOR: March 14,2019
Applicant Medical Request: March 20,2019

No updates yet regarding OWP.

Mcosta

Feb 15, 2019
Application received : Feb 1

I didn’t get AOR yet , but I got link my application in my GCkey .
Good luck for everyone

Tmcdchef87

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
From what I have been reading in the Jan forums, the PAs who have been in Canada for under 6 months are receiving their work permit pretty much right after their AoR and those who have been in longer must do their medical first, then they recieve their WP. I wonder if this is the case?

Tmcdchef87

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Called the CIC this morning.

She had all my information with the receipt number I provided her and said they have recieved the document and are checking to see if all the documents are in order and if everything is ok, AoR should arrive soon. She also said things are moving at a faster pace this year so far, which was nice to hear, so my app was received Feb 11.. couple more weeks it seems, at the latest.

So at least I know they are checking the documents at least.

Here's hoping we will hear something soon :)

fanvandjetkan

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
AOR Received.
03-04-2019
File Transfer...
29-07-2019
Med's Request
30-04-2019
Congrats on all the AOR's!

We just got back from our trip overseas, and it was quite a problem to get back into Canada at the YYZ. After a 3 hour long wait, the officer decided to let me back in with a visitor record for six months. Definitely do not recommend travelling while waiting for an inland application, even though some people have no problem re-entering at all. I was only gone for 8 days and travelled together with my spouse, but I got really close to being deported and getting the inland application thrown out...
Maybe useful advice for anyone thinking of flying anywhere while waiting for the application, only do it if you really have to because it is definitely not worth the stress or the risk.

Other than that, still waiting for my AOR but it sounds like we won't have to wait for long!

kelvincky

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019

We just got back from our trip overseas, and it was quite a problem to get back into Canada at the YYZ. After a 3 hour long wait, the officer decided to let me back in with a visitor record for six months. Definitely do not recommend travelling while waiting for an inland application, even though some people have no problem re-entering at all. I was only gone for 8 days and travelled together with my spouse, but I got really close to being deported and getting the inland application thrown out...
Maybe useful advice for anyone thinking of flying anywhere while waiting for the application, only do it if you really have to because it is definitely not worth the stress or the risk.

Other than that, still waiting for my AOR but it sounds like we won't have to wait for long!
May I ask what is your status here in Canada? Just a visitor?

hannan882

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019

which country were you flying in from and did you have an ETA or a visa to be in Canada? What did you tell the border agency agent at the time of entry?

I've submitted my wifes Inland PR application along with OWP. We are waiting for the AOR at this point but we really need to make a trip back to the UK to visit her family. Can't decide if it's worth the risk or we should wait it out.

canaussie3014

Nov 7, 2016
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-01-2019
AOR Received.
03-15-2019
Med's Request
03-29-2019
Med's Done....
04-4-2019
From what I have been reading in the Jan forums, the PAs who have been in Canada for under 6 months are receiving their work permit pretty much right after their AoR and those who have been in longer must do their medical first, then they recieve their WP. I wonder if this is the case?
My husband has been in Canada for almost two years on the IEC working holiday visa. His OWP was approved less than two months from applying and he wasn't asked to do a medical check. I don't think that's the case.

Reactions: Tmcdchef87

The Arsenal

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
which country were you flying in from and did you have an ETA or a visa to be in Canada? What did you tell the border agency agent at the time of entry?

I've submitted my wifes Inland PR application along with OWP. We are waiting for the AOR at this point but we really need to make a trip back to the UK to visit her family. Can't decide if it's worth the risk or we should wait it out.
Wait it out!!! Atleast until you get a file number. And then make the trip if absolutely a must.

Reactions: fanvandjetkan