App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
AOR Received.
03-04-2019
File Transfer...
29-07-2019
Med's Request
30-04-2019
which country were you flying in from and did you have an ETA or a visa to be in Canada? What did you tell the border agency agent at the time of entry?

I've submitted my wifes Inland PR application along with OWP. We are waiting for the AOR at this point but we really need to make a trip back to the UK to visit her family. Can't decide if it's worth the risk or we should wait it out.
My advice, wait it out.

I was flying from Amman, Jordan, but I have an EU passport. I have an ETA. The agent just asked a bunch of questions, mainly asking me why I would go in a trip whilst knowing you are not supposed to when waiting for an application to be processed. She asked questions about our relationship, why I am doing an inland application (she said outland is a lot faster) and questioning why I would want to wait here (wanting to be with your spouse is apparently not a valid reason). I brought my receipts of payment for OWP and the sponsorship, the tracking receipt of my application and my spouse was with me. I honestly got really lucky, they could’ve sent me back.

Wait it out, you have implied status now but lose it if you leave. It was a horrible experience, not only are you risking a very messy situation (having to go back and not being able to be with your spouse for a long time), you are also risking your application getting thrown out because you no longer qualify for inland. I asked around on this forum about other people’s experiences, and sometimes they are easier, but the risk is really not worth it. I don’t know what your situation is, mine was not an emergency, I just hadn’t seen my family in 7 months. She said that 7 months is nothing compared to other cases and ‘missing your family’ is not a valid reason to leave. She kept asking why I would leave, over and over again.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
which country were you flying in from and did you have an ETA or a visa to be in Canada? What did you tell the border agency agent at the time of entry?

I've submitted my wifes Inland PR application along with OWP. We are waiting for the AOR at this point but we really need to make a trip back to the UK to visit her family. Can't decide if it's worth the risk or we should wait it out.
You don't have any leg to stand on with no AOR or OWP. I would not risk it without OWP. Even then there's still concerns but at least you have a stronger case.

fanvandjetkan

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
AOR Received.
03-04-2019
File Transfer...
29-07-2019
Med's Request
30-04-2019
You don't have any leg to stand on with no AOR or OWP. I would not risk it without OWP. Even then there's still concerns but at least you have a stronger case.
Very true. The lady said that even with an AOR, you have nothing because it doesn’t mean anything more than that your application has been received. They can still deny your application, so it’s better to wait it out until you have your OWP.

Reactions: kcward7

Elchinec

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
AOR received this morning!

Inland spousal sponsorship + OWP, no dependents
Application received: February 6, 2019
AOR: March 26, 2019
Linked on MyCIC: March 26, 2019
Congrats!!! It means I should receive ours in 2-3 days! If...everything is in order....

CAN-AL2018

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Does this mean he has recieved his AoR? Or does the review of eligibility means they are still going through his documents? Just curious
I am not sure I understand your question, but I'll try to give a bit of information that I think may clarify what you see in the picture. The picture shows the typical GCKey information. You need to have AOR to be able to link your application on GCKey and access that information. @tzk_ did receive AOR on March 14 from what I can see. The first line "Eligibility Review" will change to "We are reviewing your eligibility" at the end of the process when they have everything they need to make a final decision.

Elchinec

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
I
Yes, a visitor (from the Netherlands so no TRV necessary)
My wife already traveled twice (once without me). We don't even have an AoR yet. They asked her a bunch of questions and let her through. When she was traveling with me, it was much faster, but no problems faced. Looks like it depends on the officer. Nobody has a right to not let your spouse through if he/she haven't broken any immigration rules (stayed under 6 month in Canada)

Fadab

Jan 30, 2019
App. Filed.......
06-02-2019
AOR Received.
26-03-2019
AOR received this morning!

Inland spousal sponsorship + OWP, no dependents
Application received: February 6, 2019
AOR: March 26, 2019
Linked on MyCIC: March 26, 2019
Congratulations! Do you mind letting me know how you were informed of the AOR? Or how you checked.