App. Filed.......
08-02-2019
AOR Received.
28-03-2019
Med's Request
12-04-2019
Med's Done....
06-05-2019
Wow i just went back in the thread to read all the drama in your case. Whats the final call then?
Well I've been to see an immigration consultant and had my lawyer friend enquire for me within her company and both have come back with the same response that this is a ridiculous and an unusual reason. Also that I should have recieved a request for proof of cohabitation first rather than procedural fairness.. we have hired the consultant to take over the case and hopefully we can save our application. $1000 for them to take our case or lose the $550 application fee and reapply.
Here's hoping lol..

Reactions: Winterberg and tzk_

Winterberg

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Hi guys, just wanted to ask whoever have been scheduled an landing interview or have finished a landing interview, did you receive letter in the mail or just an email? My interview was scheduled next week. I was told I should expect a letter in the mail. But it's been more than a week since I received the email. I am getting worried my letter may get lost.

hannan882

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Hi guys, just wanted to ask whoever have been scheduled an landing interview or have finished a landing interview, did you receive letter in the mail or just an email? My interview was scheduled next week. I was told I should expect a letter in the mail. But it's been more than a week since I received the email. I am getting worried my letter may get lost.
Who told you to expect a letter in the mail? I don't think they send anything in the mail. You just print the letter they send you in the email. And bring in all the required documents they mention in that letter.

smrtphusr

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
Southwestern Ontario
Well I've been to see an immigration consultant and had my lawyer friend enquire for me within her company and both have come back with the same response that this is a ridiculous and an unusual reason. Also that I should have recieved a request for proof of cohabitation first rather than procedural fairness.. we have hired the consultant to take over the case and hopefully we can save our application. $1000 for them to take our case or lose the $550 application fee and reapply.
Here's hoping lol..
what is the consultant doing that you cant do yourself? i am sure you are stressing about this situation because we went through pfl regarding proof of cohabitation as well and just got aip aug 1st. your consultant still has to rely on you to provide documents regarding proof of cohabitation. hopefully consultant is giving you lots of ideas and advice for you to gather documents. all the best

corincan

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
I know this stage sucks but all we have to do is wait. I am trying to check status of people from previous month Dec 2018. But didnt get much time to enquire.
Just today I got a letter saying that I have met the eligibility requirements and I got a medical request which I've scheduled for tomorrow! I can see the end of the road finally! Still, stupid Quebec making us take longer than everyone else!

Winterberg

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Who told you to expect a letter in the mail? I don't think they send anything in the mail. You just print the letter they send you in the email. And bring in all the required documents they mention in that letter.
I was told by an officer from local IRCC office. I believe this letter is called COPR. I went the office because I was told by an IRCC agent on the call that my city takes drop-in landing interviews. So the officer told me they mailed me a mail, a long paper which I need to bring to the interview. I didn't get the interview that day, only certain types of PR can do drop-in. I did get a date setup. But I didn't receive my mail after a week. That's why I am asking here is anyone else get a letter in mail.

Bexi15

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
08-02-2019
AOR Received.
28-03-2019
Med's Request
12-04-2019
Med's Done....
06-05-2019
what is the consultant doing that you cant do yourself? i am sure you are stressing about this situation because we went through pfl regarding proof of cohabitation as well and just got aip aug 1st. your consultant still has to rely on you to provide documents regarding proof of cohabitation. hopefully consultant is giving you lots of ideas and advice for you to gather documents. all the best
I just personally feel more comfortable being guided by somebody with the experience of how to respond in the correct manner. I am beyond stressed at this point and my husband bless his soul is of no help in dealing with any of this lol..
I am so happy you to hear that you were able to turn things around though and you got AIP.
May I ask how long after receiving your PFL did it take for them to respond?

smrtphusr

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
Southwestern Ontario
I just personally feel more comfortable being guided by somebody with the experience of how to respond in the correct manner. I am beyond stressed at this point and my husband bless his soul is of no help in dealing with any of this lol..
I am so happy you to hear that you were able to turn things around though and you got AIP.
May I ask how long after receiving your PFL did it take for them to respond?
Does your husband realize you guys are two grand deep into this application and if it gets declined you have to start all over again?

You guys are in this together. This forum is great with vast amount of knowledge and info but you need some emotional support to pull through this. I urge you to join fb group for more support as well.

To answer your question we were fortunate enough to receive request for additional proof end of may, responded middle of june, received pfl letter july 3rd but since letter was written june 25, only had 3 weeks to answer back which we did on july 17, received aip aug 1st, dm aug 2nd, just got dm letter an hour ago...

Bexi15

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
08-02-2019
AOR Received.
28-03-2019
Med's Request
12-04-2019
Med's Done....
06-05-2019
Does your husband realize you guys are two grand deep into this application and if it gets declined you have to start all over again?

You guys are in this together. This forum is great with vast amount of knowledge and info but you need some emotional support to pull through this. I urge you to join fb group for more support as well.

To answer your question we were fortunate enough to receive request for additional proof end of may, responded middle of june, received pfl letter july 3rd but since letter was written june 25, only had 3 weeks to answer back which we did on july 17, received aip aug 1st, dm aug 2nd, just got dm letter an hour ago...
I have spent two weeks searching online and asking for advice. I am part of several FB groups and have recieved the same responses or no help at all. Most recommending seeking professional advice since this is serious or just accepting the refusal and reapplying. I have posted on here asking for advice but have had no luck. I've searched and searched for similar situations.
I've talked with others whos partners worked out of town during the processing of their applications and never had this issue and recieved there PR. I've also spoken to people who are currently applying and are now concerned they will run into the same issue as me.

I originally planned to just pull my application and reapply but was then told by several people it was to late once PFL was received and I also found several older posts stating this same advice which is why I went for professional advice.
The consultant confirmed I can still pull my application if I wish to do so. But they feel that considering my husband was only working away for 5 shifts and not as long as the officer actually believes (my husband changed jobs 3weeks after submission) we have a chance.

My husband supports me emotionally 100% but he is stressed just as much as I am with this situation and is very aware of the financial costs of this whole process and that we will have to start this all over again if we are not successful in changing the officers mind.
Hopefully we can expect a quick response like you.

hannan882

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
I was told by an officer from local IRCC office. I believe this letter is called COPR. I went the office because I was told by an IRCC agent on the call that my city takes drop-in landing interviews. So the officer told me they mailed me a mail, a long paper which I need to bring to the interview. I didn't get the interview that day, only certain types of PR can do drop-in. I did get a date setup. But I didn't receive my mail after a week. That's why I am asking here is anyone else get a letter in mail.
You'll get the COPR at the landing interview.