06-05-2019
Spousal Inland application
Application sent - Feb 6th 2019
Application recieved - Feb 8th 2019
Awaiting AOR.. fingerscrossed!

tzk_

Mar 14, 2019
Edmonton
We received AOR today. Yay! They sent an email to my partner (the sponsor) not me. It was faster than we expected. Hope the rest of the process goes this fast.
Application sent- Feb 26
Application received - Feb 27
AOR - March 14.
We both can't link the application yet, but we can track the status of the application on ecas.

waitinglikeyaall

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
We received AOR today. Yay! They sent an email to my partner (the sponsor) not me. It was faster than we expected. Hope the rest of the process goes this fast.
Application sent- Feb 26
AOR - March 14.
We both can't link the application yet, but we can track the status of the application on ecas.
How is that possible? Was your application returned before? Mine was sent on FEB 8th and still nothing and same for everyone else.

Last edited:

Bexi15

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
08-02-2019
AOR Received.
28-03-2019
Med's Request
12-04-2019
Med's Done....
06-05-2019
Application sent- Feb 26
AOR - March 14.

Congrats!! That has to be an all time record. They do seem to be moving a lot quicker lately but that is crazy fast.

CAN-AL2018

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Application sent- Feb 26
AOR - March 14.
Are you an Inland or Outland applicant?

tzk_

Mar 14, 2019
Edmonton
No. it is not a returned application. I am an inland applicant. I did not apply OWP maybe that's why I got AOR that fast.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I am a student. I don't need OWP. I already have a temporary visa and study permit that allows me to work 20 hours a week which is enough.
You would have been much better off applying outland then, unfortunately (from a timing perspective). Can't unring that bell but just a note for others. There is no benefit to applying inland when you are already in status.

tzk_

Mar 14, 2019
Edmonton
You would have been much better off applying outland then, unfortunately (from a timing perspective). Can't unring that bell but just a note for others. There is no benefit to applying inland when you are already in status.
The processing time in my country is same as Canada based on CIC. Also, I checked the forum pages in here as well and people generally wait around 10 to 12 months in Turkey to get PR. So it did not make any sense to mail the application to another country. Well actually I didn't even think of doing it.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
The processing time in my country is same as Canada based on CIC. Also, I checked the forum pages in here as well and people generally wait around 10 to 12 months in Turkey to get PR. So it did not make any sense to mail the application to another country. Well actually I didn't even think of doing it.
You don't mail the application to another country, it goes to Nova Scotia. Some files are transferred, some aren't. Outland apps are almost always processed faster than inland. In addition you don't have the same travel restrictions as you do with inland. There really is no benefit. Again just clarifying for others.

Editing to add the only real disadvantage is if you applied outland and are called for an interview you would need to travel to the visa office for that, but interviews are rare and do not happen in cases where there isn't major issues or relationship doubts.

Tmcdchef87

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
How is that possible? Was your application returned before? Mine was sent on FEB 8th and still nothing and same for everyone else.
Hey waiting, I live in Calgary too. Sent mine off on the 11th. Let's see if we have similar timelines. :)

And how in the heck does one receive an AoR in fourteen days? That's unheard on here? Haha