Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Inland, no dependants
Application sent - February 2nd
Application received - February 4th
No AOR
ECAS shows application received tho.
How were you able to check your ecas? Yours was a paper application?

DeFTX

Feb 22, 2019
How are you able to access the ECAS?
I used my UCI, birthday and place of birth, but I'm not able to link the application yet, probably until AOR is received, if you have any other questions I can show you screenshots.
I already had an UCI due to previous applications, so if you ever applied for something else you should have one!

Last edited:

Jamca22

Feb 20, 2019
My husband's SIN expires on April 28,2019.His open work permit and spousal sponsorship applications were submitted on Feburary 6.How do we go about getting a temporary SIN so he can continue working?

Mar1219

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
We did not send a police or medical clearance, we did do some BIO metrics thing with the RCMP and finger prints.

My spouse is from Mexico so maybe the police clearance will come in the next few weeks/months.
Hi! I just submitted my app yesterday, my spouse is also from Mexico, would you mind sharing exactly what you did involving biometrics? We applied inland and CIC told us we did not have to pay the biometrics fee or do anything involving biometrics until service is established in Canada. Thanks!

Reactions: Carlos25

Carlos25

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Hi! I just submitted my app yesterday, my spouse is also from Mexico, would you mind sharing exactly what you did involving biometrics? We applied inland and CIC told us we did not have to pay the biometrics fee or do anything involving biometrics until service is established in Canada. Thanks!
Hey! I am also from Mexico and I am the principal applicant, Inland.
We didn’t pay the biometric fee either as there Is currently a public policy that dictates that inland applicants are currently excempt from giving biometrics.

Reactions: Canadianguy1989

A.Syed1

Apr 21, 2016
Inland, no dependants
Application sent - February 2nd
Application received - February 4th
No AOR
ECAS shows application received tho.
Just a question, are you the principal applicant or sponsor?

I'm the sponsor and used my UCI from my own permanent residence application which was approved a while back, as well as my DoB and place of birth but nothing shows up. My spouse (principal applicant) who has not applied for any visas for Canada does not have a UCI yet, so I cannot access ECAS on her behalf.

fanvandjetkan

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
AOR Received.
03-04-2019
File Transfer...
29-07-2019
Med's Request
30-04-2019
Hey! I am also from Mexico and I am the principal applicant, Inland.
We didn’t pay the biometric fee either as there Is currently a public policy that dictates that inland applicants are currently excempt from giving biometrics.
I thought everyone had to pay the biometric fee... So inland applications (from all nationalities) are excempt from giving biometrics?

Does that also apply to the OWP application? It clearly states multiple times that you’ll have to give biometrics, nothing about inland or outland mentioned...

fanvandjetkan

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
AOR Received.
03-04-2019
File Transfer...
29-07-2019
Med's Request
30-04-2019
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

If you’re between 14 and 79 years old, you need to give your fingerprints and photo for ALL permanent resident applications, including:
You have to give your biometrics and pay the fee, even if you gave your biometrics in the past to support a visitor visa, study or work permit application, or a different permanent resident application.

After you submit your application, we’ll send you a letter that says you need to give your biometrics and where to go. You’ll have up to 30 days to go in person to an official biometrics collection service location.”

fanvandjetkan

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
AOR Received.
03-04-2019