+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2019 Citizenship Applicants

vinaj

Nov 3, 2014
Calgary
Hi All

We have applied for citizenship on Feb 20 along with my Family and received AOR on 11th April for me and my Son . Havent received APR for my spouse . and the status update on the application is same for all the 3 applicants .

will there any issue if she has not received the AOR by email .
If ECAS is up-to-date, don't worry about AOR email.

Shey.

Jul 17, 2019
It’s now 2 months I didn’t check the status with the court and haven’t collected my Certificate of divorce.
Do I need to check and update CIC about my divorce? Will this delay the process of my application?
Is it ok if I don’t collect my certificate of divorce now and don’t update?
I would advise to notify CIC about your divorce (if it's finalized already).
CIC says: While we process your application, contact us if any information on your application changes.
It would probably not delay your application, but be on the safe side - notify CIC.

Shey.

Jul 17, 2019
Regarding the test and interview invitation letter sent by regular mail: How long before the interview/test date did you receive the invitation letter? Thanks for any info.
If you checked "email" as your preferred method of contact in your application, you'll receive an email at least 2 weeks before the test date.
Please, use the spreadsheet for more statistic.

If you contact preference set to "regular mail", CIC says: About 4 weeks before the test, we’ll send you a notice with the date, time and location.

Reactions: Ah Jaysus

Shey.

Jul 17, 2019
Hey guys, how long it takes to get test invite? my file went in process 06 june, 2019. I know its too soon to ask this question. Also I found out from a friend , my local office is scarborough. Thanks in advancee!!
Based on what I see in the spreadsheet it could take 3-4 month.

Last edited:

moe9876

May 10, 2018
My situation is same as your: ecas status says: We sent you correspondence on June 10, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.". I haven't received anything to date!! I called CIC June 20, agent told me yes, they sent me fingerprint request, I should check my spam folder, and he told me they will resend me the request and I should wait for a month before checking again with them!!
I called CIC yesterday - the agent said they sent the fingerprint request by mail and will ask the responsible office to send it again. While he was verifying the address to which the request was sent to, it turned out they put the street number only and didn't put the unit number (very weird and frustrating because my address in ECAS shows the full address correctly!). Agent made the request for it to be sent again and mentioned it should take approximately 3 weeks to arrive - I hope it gets delivered this time.

I asked if it could be sent by email, and the agent noted he can't do that himself, but will forward the request to the responsible office (which apparently I can't call myself). Advise to those who haven't received the request for a long time to make the call to CIC.

Reactions: PGP_Coast

pawandeepalw

May 8, 2014
I appeared for a test on 11th July

Timeline:
  • Application sent: 7th Feb
  • Application received: 11th Feb
  • Process Started: 15th April
  • Sent Fingerprint request: 23rd April (Never received anything in the mail)
  • Request another one 15th April by phone and email
  • Another Fingerprint request: 23rd May
  • Test invite on 4th July
  • Appeared for test on 11th July (Sored 20/20) :)
  • Waiting for the decision made and Oat
Family of 4

ETE

May 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2015
AOR Received.
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2015
OMG guys, i just received a notice to appear for the citizenship test. I can't believe this, i am so happy.
I got the email today 17th July 2019 and the test is August 10th 2019.
Side note: I called CIC yesterday to inquire about my application.
Admin update my info on the spreadsheet. Thanks
Good luck to everyone left!

Last edited:

ETE

May 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2015
AOR Received.
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2015
Admin please update my information on the spreadsheet.

Thanks.

OMG guys, i just received a notice to appear for the citizenship test. I can't believe this, i am so happy.

H. Kazemi

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2014/11/24
Doc's Request.
CC Cashed 2015/1/20 (56 days)
Nomination.....
PER : 2015/2/11 (79 days)
AOR Received.
NO AOR
IELTS Request
Included
Med's Request
2015/03/31
Med's Done....
2015/04/05
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
2015/08/16 (265 Days)
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2015/10/07 - Toronto
do you believe calling CIC will speed up the process? it's now about 1.5 months my application status is changed to "In Process". is it a good time to give them a call? I need my Canadian Pass soon cause my home country pass is expiring soon and I need to have business travels in the near future

Ah Jaysus

Star Member
May 9, 2014
do you believe calling CIC will speed up the process? it's now about 1.5 months my application status is changed to "In Process". is it a good time to give them a call? I need my Canadian Pass soon cause my home country pass is expiring soon and I need to have business travels in the near future
No, don't call them. My application for in process for at least two months before I got interview invite. It says on their website that the wait time is approx eleven months so you're still well within that time-frame.