+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2019 Citizenship Applicants

Ah Jaysus

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Hey guys,

My application is already in process, I was wondering if we would be able to get our citizenship before elections? Like will they speed up the process due to elections?

Thanks!
No, I don't think the elections'll make any difference to the speed of the process. If you applied in February you should have it before October.

jbhkaur

Aug 2, 2015
Forum members please reply,

For one of my family members, she is self employed and in Canada since 2010 (student in 2010, then employed and currently self employed). She has filed and paid taxes since 2010, but because of some reason she has not paid taxes of last three years, I mean she filed taxes but has not made full payment yet, so for her taxes till 2015 is paid fully and 2016 and 2017 are filed but not paid, and 2018 not filed yet. Does it make sense to apply for citizenship right now with taxes pending or it is advisable to clear taxes first?

Please reply.

Thanks in advance for replying

sarwar_zahan

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Doc's Request.
09-05-2014
Nomination.....
15-08-2014
AOR Received.
16-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
16-09-2014
Med's Request
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
02-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
Forum members please reply,

For one of my family members, she is self employed and in Canada since 2010 (student in 2010, then employed and currently self employed). She has filed and paid taxes since 2010, but because of some reason she has not paid taxes of last three years, I mean she filed taxes but has not made full payment yet, so for her taxes till 2015 is paid fully and 2016 and 2017 are filed but not paid, and 2018 not filed yet. Does it make sense to apply for citizenship right now with taxes pending or it is advisable to clear taxes first?

Please reply.

Thanks in advance for replying
The requirement is filing the taxes. From application guide "
You need to have filed taxes in Canada for at least 3 years during the 5 years right before the date you apply"

So, she need not to be worried about if she had paid her taxes fully for citizenship application. It's between her and CRA. For citizenship application, the requirement is to file the taxes.

enaj_91

Mar 4, 2019
Hello Admin
Please update spreadsheet:
In Process: June 26th.

now to await the test invite which, judging by other vancouver applicants, wont come till 2020 probably :(

Kadarsweazy

Apr 30, 2019
Hi y’all can someone tell me how long does it take to get the actual FP letter in the mail since i seen it on my ecas i was wondering how long between ecas and the letter in the mail please share with me ur experiences i work out of town so I wanna plain on it for a off day to do the FP
Thanks all of u

aitrade

Apr 25, 2019
Hi,
We have completed the FP and waiting for the test invite. But we have 2 lost PR cards. Should I apply for replacement so that we will have them ready or should I wait so that things are not messed up? Do I need the PR cards in the test day?

syedpost

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
toronto
Visa Office......
islamabad
AOR Received.
May2011
File Transfer...
July 2011
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 2012
Passport Req..
still awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
inshallah
LANDED..........
20-08-2014
Hi,
We have completed the FP and waiting for the test invite. But we have 2 lost PR cards. Should I apply for replacement so that we will have them ready or should I wait so that things are not messed up? Do I need the PR cards in the test day?
Hi aitrade,
PR cards are only required if you plan to travel outside the country within the period you are awaiting the citizen process to complete then go ahead apply for one otherwise just wait the time as PR cards are not needed for the test and if you have one they take it away anyways or so I heard when you are granted citizenship.
If you apply it will take a separate application and will get it within 3-4 months which is could be the same time your citizenship application grant to mature or process to complete at this time so your 60 odd dollars fees would be for nothing.
hope this helps
ZN

Bobcatn

Apr 4, 2019
In process since April 23rd is this normal ? Located in Nova Scotia does anybody knows where their office is ?

Kamilaapplebum

Star Member
Jul 1, 2019
Hi can someone please add me to the timesheet

App Type : don’t understand this question, I’m married but I’m the only one applying for citizenship.
Application Submitted :Feb 20
Application Received : Feb 08
AOR : Apr 05
In Progress : May 29

Also it seems things have come to a stop or slowed down a lot. How come some people have already got there citizen and others haven’t even gone into process? I don’t understand this system. Mine wasn’t going into process for so long so I emailed them asking what’s going on and the next day it was “in process” Really make you wonder doesn’t it. I wish I would have followed up about it way earlier.

Last edited: