+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>February 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
AOR : 27 Feb

I ordered my GCMS notes on October 2nd. Nothing has changed on my profile.
I also have called IRCC last month, I requested an update through IRCC agent. Agent told me call us next month..Which was yesterday.
I called yesterday, they SIMPLY told me, officer told us that they need more time on the application!! its been 8 months!!!!!!! and according to them, OFFICER picked up my file, and take a look at it, and then replied, we need more time on this!!!!

So I think once my GCMS notes comes in next week, i will get same result! They just need more time!!!! They dont realize this extension can impact our lives dramatically.
The waiting time for PPR is hard but our dream will come true soon. I really hope that IRCC will change their process to make it less stressful for those who are waiting for more than 6 months. I wish they change it to make eligibility start earlier in the process since it is the most important part.

LordSneed

Jan 10, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
Can’t believe I am typing this, It’s still so surreal. Guys after over 8 agonising months, my application has been approved. I received my Ready for visa mail this morning. Interesting thing is that I logged into my account for the first time in a week and I noticed a ghost update (very first one I am aware of). I didn’t get any ADR and it appears they just let my application gather dust until they were ready to finalise.

AOR: 8/2/19
MED: 25/3/19
BIO: 27/3/19
Recommend pass: 26/7/19
Ready for visa mail: 23/10/19 but dated 22/10/19
VO: Ottawa
Travel history: Somewhat extensive
Nationality: Nigerian

This forum has been extremely helpful to me throughout this journey and I implore everyone waiting to hang in there. I know how painful the wait is but I am fairly certain that they’ll get to your respective applications in due time. Good luck

Aug 27, 2019
@LuckyStrikes99 I noticed that your AOR is Feb 26th. Order GCMS notes again. It might help your file move forward and get passed eligibility. My Vo is Montreal also. My eligibility was review required due to statutory questions. I ordered GCMS notes on October 5. I received a ghost update in October 11. IRCC agent told me that all assessments are passed. I am waiting for PPR mail now.
Thanks. Will do. I feel helpless though. This wait is kinda depressing.

Andrew30

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Can’t believe I am typing this, It’s still so surreal. Guys after over 8 agonising months, my application has been approved. I received my Ready for visa mail this morning. Interesting thing is that I logged into my account for the first time in a week and I noticed a ghost update (very first one I am aware of). I didn’t get any ADR and it appears they just let my application gather dust until they were ready to finalise.

This forum has been extremely helpful to me throughout this journey and I implore everyone waiting to hang in there. I know how painful the wait is but I am fairly certain that they’ll get to your respective applications in due time. Good luck
Congrats

Bunny Thapar

Jun 27, 2017
Visa Office......
Montreal

Congratulations!

I wish you all the best for the new journey!

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
Man this is so frustrating...:(:(:(
Just wanted to update you on the fact that even though I never got a response on the multiple webforms for change of address, they did acknowledge the new address on file when I called them.. I had sent multiple webforms under the "Permanent Residence (applied online)" category but that never seemed to do it. The last attempt was under the "Change of contact information" category and that's probably what did it!

yaseerakapadia

Star Member
Jul 1, 2019
AOR : 27 Feb

I ordered my GCMS notes on October 2nd. Nothing has changed on my profile.
I also have called IRCC last month, I requested an update through IRCC agent. Agent told me call us next month..Which was yesterday.
I called yesterday, they SIMPLY told me, officer told us that they need more time on the application!! its been 8 months!!!!!!! and according to them, OFFICER picked up my file, and take a look at it, and then replied, we need more time on this!!!!

So I think once my GCMS notes comes in next week, i will get same result! They just need more time!!!! They dont realize this extension can impact our lives dramatically.
What exactly is the status of your file ....
Eligibility, criminality and security..?

SKSV

Apr 8, 2019
Just wanted to update you on the fact that even though I never got a response on the multiple webforms for change of address, they did acknowledge the new address on file when I called them.. I had sent multiple webforms under the "Permanent Residence (applied online)" category but that never seemed to do it. The last attempt was under the "Change of contact information" category and that's probably what did it!
I should've known this earlier. Just raised one under the change of contact information. Should wait to see if they respond. Thanks!!

BTW, how long did they take to respond you back?

Last edited:
Reactions: PrasadK

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
I should've known this earlier. Just raised one under the change of contact information. Should wait to see if they respond. Thanks!!

BTW, how long did they take to respond you back?
They DIDN'T respond back no matter which webform category I used. Initially, I used the other one multiple times and the address was never updated as confirmed by call centre agents. When I submitted under "Change of contact information" and called a week or so later, they confirmed the new address on file, but I still never received any email response for it..

SKSV

Apr 8, 2019
They DIDN'T respond back no matter which webform category I used. Initially, I used the other one multiple times and the address was never updated as confirmed by call centre agents. When I submitted under "Change of contact information" and called a week or so later, they confirmed the new address on file, but I still never received any email response for it..
Oh Man!! I will call them too after a week to see if got updated.

Reactions: PrasadK