+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>February 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

Aug 27, 2019
Can someone help me out here? It's been over 6 months now and I am in the 20% camp. I ordered GCMS notes and they came back with mostly everything done but just waiting on final say. I emailed Ralph Goodale as well and here is the status for now:

Criminality is in progress.

Eligibility is in progress – recommend pass.

Security checks have not been initiated. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.

Medicals are valid until Mar and Apr 2020.

VO: Montreal.

My question is can I do anything at this point or is it just a waiting game? I am in US so I am contemplating flying out to Toronto to call their offices. Will that help at all?

Appreciate any help or insights you can provide. Thanks in advance.

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
Can someone help me out here? It's been over 6 months now and I am in the 20% camp. I ordered GCMS notes and they came back with mostly everything done but just waiting on final say. I emailed Ralph Goodale as well and here is the status for now:

Criminality is in progress.

Eligibility is in progress – recommend pass.

Security checks have not been initiated. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.

Medicals are valid until Mar and Apr 2020.

VO: Montreal.

My question is can I do anything at this point or is it just a waiting game? I am in US so I am contemplating flying out to Toronto to call their offices. Will that help at all?

Appreciate any help or insights you can provide. Thanks in advance.
You don’t need to fly to call them. Just download the app text now, pick a Canadian number and call them on 888-242-2100. What is your AOR? When was the last time you ordered GCMS notes?

Last edited:

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
@LuckyStrikes99 I noticed that your AOR is Feb 26th. Order GCMS notes again. It might help your file move forward and get passed eligibility. My Vo is Montreal also. My eligibility was review required due to statutory questions. I ordered GCMS notes on October 5. I received a ghost update in October 11. IRCC agent told me that all assessments are passed. I am waiting for PPR mail now.

yaseerakapadia

Star Member
Jul 1, 2019
You are right. Eligibility has two steps and two people will review your eligibility. The first step is the case analyst, he will review your eligibility and if he does not find any issue with it, he will put recommend passed. (this term depends on your VO, some VOs use an another term for recommend passed, your GCMS notes will tell you what you VO is using). If the case analyst is not sure about your eligibility or he wants the final officer to pay attention to a particular document or you answered yes to any statutory questions. He will put review required. The second step or final of your eligibility is with the senior officer. It is the one who will pass your eligibility. He will put passed for your eligibility if he is satisfied that you met the requirements. ( Again here it depends on what term your VO uses when eligibility is passed by the senior officer. In other words, in your GCMS notes, you have to look for case analyst notes and officer notes for your eligibility.
Any example of statutory questions?

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
There are 2 statutory questions. Here they are :
1)Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?
2) Have you been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

Reactions: yaseerakapadia

yaseerakapadia

Star Member
Jul 1, 2019
You are right. Eligibility has two steps and two people will review your eligibility. The first step is the case analyst, he will review your eligibility and if he does not find any issue with it, he will put recommend passed. (this term depends on your VO, some VOs use an another term for recommend passed, your GCMS notes will tell you what you VO is using). If the case analyst is not sure about your eligibility or he wants the final officer to pay attention to a particular document or you answered yes to any statutory questions. He will put review required. The second step or final of your eligibility is with the senior officer. It is the one who will pass your eligibility. He will put passed for your eligibility if he is satisfied that you met the requirements. ( Again here it depends on what term your VO uses when eligibility is passed by the senior officer. In other words, in your GCMS notes, you have to look for case analyst notes and officer notes for your eligibility.
I called IRCC day before, agent said eligibility is ‘Review Required’.
8 months and 2 weeks passed ..

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
The agent said she sees recent notes on my file but can’t disclose more info.
Ordered Notes in July, not received yet. Do you suggest I should order another?
Yes order another one. You might receive the second one before the previous one. Also don’t stress yourself. I know the waiting time is hard but let’s remain positive and hopeful.

Reactions: yaseerakapadia

SKSV

Apr 8, 2019
@LuckyStrikes99 I noticed that your AOR is Feb 26th. Order GCMS notes again. It might help your file move forward and get passed eligibility. My Vo is Montreal also. My eligibility was review required due to statutory questions. I ordered GCMS notes on October 5. I received a ghost update in October 11. IRCC agent told me that all assessments are passed. I am waiting for PPR mail now.
You gave me some hope. I have ordered gcms notes and received a response saying my request has been sent to IRCC today. Now I should wait for some movement on my file. I will call 2 weeks later to find out the status.

lucasknm

Sep 18, 2018
AOR : 27 Feb

I ordered my GCMS notes on October 2nd. Nothing has changed on my profile.
I also have called IRCC last month, I requested an update through IRCC agent. Agent told me call us next month..Which was yesterday.
I called yesterday, they SIMPLY told me, officer told us that they need more time on the application!! its been 8 months!!!!!!! and according to them, OFFICER picked up my file, and take a look at it, and then replied, we need more time on this!!!!

So I think once my GCMS notes comes in next week, i will get same result! They just need more time!!!! They dont realize this extension can impact our lives dramatically.