+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>February 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

RDong

Star Member
Feb 25, 2019
Hi guys,
Theoretically, from what I understand from CIC website, when our files are transferred to local visa office, in my case that is Sydney Aus, it means our eligibility per se is "recommended pass" by CIO. Then LVO now proceeds to check security and very low chance we get rejection at this stage.
But I am curious if,in reality, there is any case that doesn't go with this flow?

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Dear All,

As usual I'm confused yet again. o_O

AOR: 15th Feb 2019

Nothing happened until Aug 15th (6 month window). So I emailed Ralph and filled the IRCC web form. Ralph's assistant told me that criminality is passed, but eligibility hasn't even started. This was two days ago. However, today I got an email from IRCC asking me to send my passport to the Ottawa office! :eek: But the portal still says, that they are reviewing my eligibility and processing my background. So what's really going on?

Anyway, I will send the passport. Speaking of which, the photo requirements seem extreme :(.

-Sankalp
Congratulations, can you please share your NOC and timeline.
Also, the IRCC portal won't update until your passport is stamped and you have been granted CoPR.

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

vmneethu

Jun 17, 2018
Hi All,

My AOR is FEB 15.
Crossed the 6 months timeline on August 15.
Called IRCC yesterday ; Got response like :

Criminality passed
Eligibility recommended pass
Security not started .

As per the agent , IRCC doesnt update the notes with security initiated status , hence there are chances that Security already ongoing.
Mailed Ralph and got the same status as above ..
Not sure , how long the wait will go now ..

Angie...

Apr 25, 2018
1. Apply for Gcms notes for detailed analysis

2. You may call IRCC however it will advisable to call them on completing the timeline
Number - +16139444000
Wait for the automated reply to end, it will be redirected to IRCC agent

3. Mail to Mr Ralph on
goodale@sasktel.net
There is a format mentioned in January AOR thread , send your information in the same format
Can you please share the format or post a link to the format ?

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Hi All,

My AOR is FEB 15.
Crossed the 6 months timeline on August 15.
Called IRCC yesterday ; Got response like :

Criminality passed
Eligibility recommended pass
Security not started .

As per the agent , IRCC doesnt update the notes with security initiated status , hence there are chances that Security already ongoing.
Mailed Ralph and got the same status as above ..
Not sure , how long the wait will go now ..
same status as mine. We have to wait don't know how long will it take. Each case is unique.
All the best.

ranjitrajkumar

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
I've just received the 2nd reply saying that my file now is with Sydney, Australia (the 1st one I got a week ago was just a generic reply with no detail at all). From what I understand from the first page of this thread, when file transferred do local visa office, it can mean "something" right?
As long it is not at Sydney, Nova Scotia you are in a good place. :)

ranjitrajkumar

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
OK, I received a response from Ralph...and learned some things.

1. They keep tabs on who requests information (they just pasted their response from a few weeks ago).

2. They told me I could request an update in November...so you can request an update after 3 months from your previous request.

Shame they wouldn't check my file again, but can't really complain.
The request that Ralph makes to IRCC is also logged, when I called yesterday, the agent said that they can see that a member of parliament has requested for a status update and that the current status is that same as what we got from the MP, there is no further update to share.

Reactions: Bunny Thapar