+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>February 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
You are absolutely correct, processing times varies from the complexity of the profile. Usually, with multiple job and experience letters, huge travel history and personal details cause a delay in processing but apart from those factors one of the major reason to get processed faster or delayed is what Canada needs. They process the applications based on what their economy needs, whether they need engineers, doctors, technicians, sales or just young human capital. We miss this fact a lot many times, that's why they have created job banks and ask you which province you are interested in living. The whole reason to bring in immigrants is to run the economy smoothly.
I mentioned this exact same theory in one of the other threads but nobody believes it. I'm glad someone actually considers this as a factor here :)

Reactions: ranjitrajkumar
Mar 26, 2019
Hi guys. .received PPR today. .dint received any mail. .just an update in CIC account. .and voila a request letter. .and yes. .it was PPR. .believe me its worth the wait. .so just stay there. .

I am sharing my timeline here. .
Citizenship: India
Country of residence: Sweden
AOR: 9 Feb
MEP: 26 Mar
BIL: 26 Mar
PPR: 16 Apr

All the best. .
This is just amazing. Very happy for you. whats your group: CEC - FSW - other? And, would you consider to put here the status from those points: background check, fingerprint, eligibility ?

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
On the contrary, we're all economic migrants and I believe your skills and whether they're immediately needed absolutely factor in the processing of your application.
This is true!! One needs to realistic here, of course we can continue to believe the processing is all random but we are applying under economic migration category here and not for a student visa or tourist visa. So obviously a country will consider the factors whether or not you're skills are in immediate demand for the country's economic future. There is absolutely nothing wrong in prioritizing applicants based on country's economic need :) We just need to understand that some will get it faster than the rest :)

Last edited:

mav20

Mar 22, 2019
YOU KNOW WHAT!
I hope that everyone got PPR "early" could share with us any predicted reasons that they may think they were behind this fast processing, it could add some values to understand the process deeper and wider!
I think it would be dependent on which Visa Office is processing your case.. Ottawa is quick and Sydney is slower compared yo Ottawa.. based on my observation from Immitracker..

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I think it would be dependent on which Visa Office is processing your case.. Ottawa is quick and Sydney is slower compared yo Ottawa.. based on my observation from Immitracker..
I think it depends on individual cases. I'm Ottawa VO too but no update from my end since Dec 4.

Not really sure what's going on anymore. Will have to continue waiting.

mav20

Mar 22, 2019
Now looking at all the PPR request coming in too fast.. I think I made a mistake renewing my passport too early.. I raised a cse last week regarding the same.. Now I think this CSE will make my case slower..

JoyForPR

Star Member
Mar 28, 2019
AOR Received.
14-02-2019
Any one else here is AOR Feb 15? I’m an inland applicant. My Background check nor eligibility messages have changed since MEP & BIL on April 5th. What’s usually the experience for inland applicants ? It possible to go from that stage to PPR? I’ve noticed on the tracker most inland applicants receiving PPR in 60 -73 days
Hi Jevyj, my AOR is one day ahead of yours. I’m CEC Inland.
AOR - 14th Feb
Medical - not passed yet (which is giving me a scare as it has been more than 2 months)
BIL - not required for Inland
Background - “we are processing.....”
I called IRCC early this week, to enquire what’s the delay in my Medicals.
Her reply was the usual “nothing to worry”. She did give me a few updates:
1) R10 Completeness Check - Done
2) Criminality - Validated and approved
3) Eligibility & Security- in process
She said a few things(updates/checks) are happening parallelly. The reason why Medical is not shown approved is becauseEligibility is happening (I didn’t understand this logic of hers, but I did not question).
4) Currently file is at Sydney, NS

Reactions: Jevyj123

mav20

Mar 22, 2019
I think it depends on individual cases. I'm Ottawa VO too but no update from my end since Dec 4.

Not really sure what's going on anymore. Will have to continue waiting.
By the way.. how did you know your case is with Ottwa VO.. ordered GCnotes?

pramodsoori

Star Member
Jan 11, 2019
Hi All, do we get two seperate BILs for primary and dependent in the CIC portal. Currently i received only for the primary applicant.

Dhabaan

May 1, 2016
Now looking at all the PPR request coming in too fast.. I think I made a mistake renewing my passport too early.. I raised a cse last week regarding the same.. Now I think this CSE will make my case slower..
How long until your passport is expired?

Jan 13, 2019
Update: I received my PPR request this morning at 4am PST. I noticed there was a ghost update to my account yesterday around 5pm PST as well.

Program: Federal Skilled Worker - BC
Express Entry Submission: Dec 28 2018
Invitation to Apply: Jan 10 2018
Acknowledgement of Receipt: Feb 5 2019
Medicals Passed: March 21 2019
Biometrics Passed: March 29 2019
Ready for Visa E-mail / Passport Request Received: April 17th 2019
Background Check Completed: In-progress