+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>February 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hi,

I have filed my application by myself. Therefore, I need a slight understanding on a recently received mail. I received a mail from CPC-Ottawa asking me to submit my Passport and Photo, the mail further says in the end "As you are now in a possession of a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR)", so it means this is a CoPR. I believe CoPR means I will get a 1 time entry visa on my passport.

So I wanted to know 1. What is CoPR and PPR. I see a lot of people mentioning received PPR mail is this the same thing or something else. 2. How much time will it take to get a Visa on my Passport after CoPR FSW-India-Outland.

I would really appreciate your reply!

Thank You
What is your AOR? This is insanely fast you got your PPR

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Thats what i am saying, however, getting PPR in less than 2 months, put a big question on HOW? if R10 (Medical + completeness) is taking around 40-45 days, then followed by BGC and eligibility which needs time, then security check which will need another extra time!? YOU GOT ME!? What i am thinking is that maybe PR processing might be more easier than what it thought to be!
It probably depends on the officer. The lucky ones probably get competent officers who fast track cases and the rest get lazy and incompetent ones who just keep piling up the files to collect dust.

Reactions: nns14 and Jadedrio

ASINGH29

Star Member
Aug 16, 2016
Why some applications processed faster than others, i am sure there is something made these applications getting priorities or being expedited. In my opinion, these applications either having a very straight forward contents/documents plus very organised OR having very small travel history?!!

Anybody else has an opinion why? all the best for all...
You are absolutely correct, processing times varies from the complexity of the profile. Usually, with multiple job and experience letters, huge travel history and personal details cause a delay in processing but apart from those factors one of the major reason to get processed faster or delayed is what Canada needs. They process the applications based on what their economy needs, whether they need engineers, doctors, technicians, sales or just young human capital. We miss this fact a lot many times, that's why they have created job banks and ask you which province you are interested in living. The whole reason to bring in immigrants is to run the economy smoothly.

Reactions: Tomifonication

the_walker

Sep 24, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-02-2019
Med's Done....
21-03-2019
Hi guys!
Got the PPR request this morning!
Nationality - Indian
Residency - US
Single applicant
AOR - Feb 6
MED & BIL - March 20
Completed Bio - March 28
Had a bunch of ghost updates yesterday
Received the email early this morning

Tomifonication

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi guys!
Nationality - Indian
Residency - US
Single applicant
AOR - Feb 6
MED & BIL - March 20
Completed Bio - March 28
Congratulations! Fortunately lots of US residents have a quick turnaround.

Reactions: Jadedrio

ASINGH29

Star Member
Aug 16, 2016
Nationality - Indian
Residency - US
Single applicant
AOR - Feb 6
MED & BIL - March 20
Completed Bio - March 28
I should have applied from US too... Hahaha! Wish you all the best my friend, Heartiest Congratulation on PPR.

Jevyj123

Feb 13, 2018
Any one else here is AOR Feb 15? I’m an inland applicant. My Background check nor eligibility messages have changed since MEP & BIL on April 5th. What’s usually the experience for inland applicants ? It possible to go from that stage to PPR? I’ve noticed on the tracker most inland applicants receiving PPR in 60 -73 days

Dhabaan

May 1, 2016
You are absolutely correct, processing times varies from the complexity of the profile. Usually, with multiple job and experience letters, huge travel history and personal details cause a delay in processing but apart from those factors one of the major reason to get processed faster or delayed is what Canada needs. They process the applications based on what their economy needs, whether they need engineers, doctors, technicians, sales or just young human capital. We miss this fact a lot many times, that's why they have created job banks and ask you which province you are interested in living. The whole reason to bring in immigrants is to run the economy smoothly.
YOU KNOW WHAT!
I hope that everyone got PPR "early" could share with us any predicted reasons that they may think they were behind this fast processing, it could add some values to understand the process deeper and wider!

Reactions: vinayk and Jadedrio

Dhabaan

May 1, 2016
Any one else here is AOR Feb 15? I’m an inland applicant. My Background check nor eligibility messages have changed since MEP & BIL on April 5th. What’s usually the experience for inland applicants ? It possible to go from that stage to PPR? I’ve noticed on the tracker most inland applicants receiving PPR in 60 -73 days
Almost like you, AOR Feb 17, i dont think you will need BIL! what exactly is your current status? NOC? dependents?

lk231188

Star Member
May 5, 2018
Hi

Just to give an update. I got MEP and BIL for me and spouse on 29 th March and We submitted our fingerprints on 1st April. It’s been more than 15 days and my biometrics haven’t updated yet. However my spouse’s biometrics details have been updated. I called IRCC today and spoke to an agent who said my biometrics is in processing and my application is currently at CIO Sydney and eventually it will move to CPC Ottawa.
I asked how long it’s gonna take for them to process my biometrics and she said it’s hard to say and there is nothing I can do right now other than waiting.
1) Has anyone faced the same situation and eventually got their biometrics updated ? If yes , then how long it took ?
2) Does every case file follows the same path I.e from CIO Sydney and eventually to CPC Ottawa ?

ASINGH29

Star Member
Aug 16, 2016
I hope that everyone got PPR "early" could share with us any predicted reasons that they may think they were behind this fast processing, it could add some values to understand the process deeper and wider!
If you have subscribed to the newsletter of Canadavisa. The annual report and predictions they mention clearly states what Canada needs and who will be given preference.

Dhabaan

May 1, 2016
If you have subscribed to the newsletter of Canadavisa. The annual report and predictions they mention clearly states what Canada needs and who will be given preference.
It could be highly subjected, however, i dont think it is jobs/speciality wise..Other factors might play a major role here.

Dustyndude

Mar 7, 2019
PNP, CEC, Inland, 1 dependent family member

ITA: Feb 20
AOR: Feb 22
MED: Apr 11 (I am not sure when I passed it exactly. It might've passed before April 11, anyway, I found that 'medical pass' on 11 April in the morning but I didn't receive any notifications from CIC at that time. CIC sent an email about this around 11:00 pm on April)

Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Is there anyone knows if I am in the IP1 or IP2?

Tomifonication

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
It could be highly subjected, however, i dont think it is jobs/speciality wise..Other factors might play a major role here.
On the contrary, we're all economic migrants and I believe your skills and whether they're immediately needed absolutely factor in the processing of your application.