+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>February 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

lk231188

Star Member
May 5, 2018
Speaking of the status bar, mine is showing "17 weeks" instead of "4 months" like it was before. I understand that that is probably irrelevant, but has anyone else seen this change besides me?
No mine still says 4 months.

ivan.bc

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Quick question, has anyone with a Feb AoR received any updates on their BOWP application? I applied on Feb 5th but still no updates. My current work permit expires early next month and I am deeply concerned that I won't get my BOWP before that happens. I have a job offer that's supposed to start on May 20th, but I'll need my new work permit by then. (I cannot get implied status because I'm on a IEC work permit).

Considering the 87 days "processing time" given on IRCC's website, I should get it approved by May 2nd.

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
The disappearance seems quite normal (though far from reasonable :) ). Mine decided to run away from home soon after my ITA (feb 7), came back when I got my MEP/BIL/ADR (March 21) and has stayed put since then.
ITA or AOR? Mine went AWOL couple of days after AOR. Was there a progress bar after ITA?
Everything seems case specific, I have a friend with Jan 3 AOR, her progress bar has always been there, it never went missing. I was afraid why mine went missing while her's is still visible for the first few days :) Now I realise there is no point in thinking too much about it and comparing your situation with others.

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
Speaking of the status bar, mine is showing "17 weeks" instead of "4 months" like it was before. I understand that that is probably irrelevant, but has anyone else seen this change besides me?
Yours is not the only case, I have read about this happening to others too. Anyway, 4 months and 17 weeks are not that different, so don't worry about it. :)

lina_ballerina

May 17, 2018
Hi guys, an update... received BIL 2 days ago but MEP still not passed. Most people receive both within the same time... is it possible to request biometrics before MEP and should I be concerned? Medical still reads as "you do not need..."

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
Hi guys, an update... received BIL 2 days ago but MEP still not passed. Most people receive both within the same time... is it possible to request biometrics before MEP and should I be concerned? Medical still reads as "you do not need..."
'Most people' do not receive MEP and BIL at the same time. Usually MEP comes first and BIL comes later (Some times hours, sometimes even days later). However, sometimes BIL comes before MEP, it is not unheard of. It is totally possible to receive BIL before MEP, you don't have anything to be concerned about it. Just go ahead submit the details. MEP will come in due time. :)

Reactions: lina_ballerina

lina_ballerina

May 17, 2018
Than
'Most people' do not receive MEP and BIL at the same time. Usually MEP comes first and BIL comes later (Some times hours, sometimes even days later). However, sometimes BIL comes before MEP, it is not unheard of. It is totally possible to receive BIL before MEP, you don't have anything to be concerned about it. Just go ahead submit the details. MEP will come in due time. :)
Thank you for your reassuring words :)

Spotted

Nov 27, 2018
Kenya
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Passport Req..
26-09-2019
MEP passed and got 1 Biometrics Collection Letter for my spouse but not for me (primary applicant).
NAZGUL! Who calls themselves Nazgul :) ?

Which one of the 9 are you, the Witch King of Angmar?

Spotted

Nov 27, 2018
Kenya
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Passport Req..
26-09-2019
Spotted... I see your flag ;) which stage in the process are you??
Mambo Lina Ballerina,

I got my AOR on Jan 17th, have finished medicals (march 1st) and biometrics (March 7th). Now just waiting... I'm Federal Skilled Worker Outland and just waiting. The Kenyans on myimmitracker are too few to have any idea on our average rate to completion but what I've seen is ~150 days from AOR to PPR, it looks like it takes a while for us. But I hope not :) Waiting, waiting, waiting...

Are you also FSW-O or are you PNP? Are you applying from Kenya (Nairobi)?

lina_ballerina

May 17, 2018
Mambo Lina Ballerina,

I got my AOR on Jan 17th, have finished medicals (march 1st) and biometrics (March 7th). Now just waiting... I'm Federal Skilled Worker Outland and just waiting. The Kenyans on myimmitracker are too few to have any idea on our average rate to completion but what I've seen is ~150 days from AOR to PPR, it looks like it takes a while for us. But I hope not :) Waiting, waiting, waiting...

Are you also FSW-O or are you PNP? Are you applying from Kenya (Nairobi)?
Always good to see some activity from our part of the woods. I'm a PNP applicant with an AOR of Feb. Just cleared Biometrics and Medicals so preparing to hibernate from the boards until people start announcing good news :) 5 months isn't that long -- see how fast 2 - 3 months have passed already!!

Reactions: Audarya