+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>February 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

nazgul86

Jul 31, 2018
This is a big relief as i heard that Security may take a while and yours only took 4 months which is a blast.

It seems like they may have got the feedback from CBSA and ready to finalize your application.
It's about time!!!!
Hopefully, but it's hard to tell what a ghost update corresponds to! I'll definitely update as soon as I receive something.

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
You are getting it mate..Soon..
Could not wait till tomorrow morning to get disappointed, so called IRCC
Reason for Ghost Update:
Everything passed - but final decision is not made yet.
I know a case personally which got rejected at this stage. Annamaria, the agent explained it again and again that the application is not yet approved and on rare occasions the decision is overthrown at this stage too.
She said since its a weekend the decision will most likely be taken by Monday or Tuesday and If the application is approved I will receive the ready for visa email in due course.
Thank you for all the wishes, but its not my day yet...:)
Hopefully next week :)

RayZh

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Hopefully, but it's hard to tell what a ghost update corresponds to! I'll definitely update as soon as I receive something.
I know, it is for the best that people do not get their hopes up too much, but at least, like i said, we know for sure that your file is moving forward.

If I got another ghost update, I would probably jump up and down and keep checking my email for every second of a 24 hours duration..

Hopefully we will hear form you soon!

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
You can call and ask what the GU was for, I just did. I was right not to get my hopes up. But I hope its different story for you.
Good luck.
Hope your next post is the PPR update

Last edited:

RayZh

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Reason for Ghost Update:
I know a case personally which got rejected at this stage. Annamaria, the agent explained it again and again that the application is not yet approved and on rare occasions the decision is overthrown at this stage too.
She said since its a weekend the decision will most likely be taken by Monday or Tuesday and If the application is approved I will receive the ready for visa email in due course.
You should be fine, at least you have a timeline right? By next week, you may see an email in your spam...
Could you please share with us the reason for that rejection? It is wired that something happens at this late stage..

Reactions: CaCal

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
Reason for Ghost Update:
Good luck!

Hoping to hear from you next week!!

How do you actually get in touch with an agent?

Reactions: RBV2909

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
I believe he mentioned that he called them?
There is usually a long wait or they just wont put you through.
Try in the morning and keep trying.

Good luck
No, I meant like what phone number etc.

I don't think I will call anytime soon. I am pretty early in the process - Just wanted to know in case I decide to call in the later months :)

Tahar19

Aug 28, 2018
Reason for Ghost Update:
what she mean by decision made .. is it like when everything is passed and the file is approved

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
You should be fine, at least you have a timeline right? By next week, you may see an email in your spam...
Could you please share with us the reason for that rejection? It is wired that something happens at this late stage..
It was something related to a medical issue, I don't know the details. They had to do some treatments and do extra medical tests the second time to prove that the condition was rectified.
this week too one of my friend on this forum was rejected after eligibility being recommended pass.
So, its never done until you see that mail.

Reactions: LuckyCent

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
I believe he mentioned that he called them?
There is usually a long wait or they just wont put you through.
Try in the morning and keep trying.

Good luck
I would recommend calling in the afternoon EST. I find it easier to get connected and the wait time is usually small.

RayZh

Star Member
May 30, 2018
It was something related to a medical issue, I don't know the details. They had to do some treatments and do extra medical tests the second time to prove that the condition was rectified.
this week too one of my friend on this forum was rejected after eligibility being recommended pass.
So, its never done until you see that mail.
Right, everyone's case is unique.
If the agent told you that everything is passed, then there should not be any surprises as PASS is not equal to Recommended pass.
All they have left to do on your case should be a senior officer looking trough the notes and make sure that all elements have been processed.
The agent had also confirmed that as well as he/she did not notice any missing information.

Anyway, those are just my 2 cents and hope to hear some good news from you soon!
Have a good weekend!

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
No, I meant like what phone number etc.

I don't think I will call anytime soon. I am pretty early in the process - Just wanted to know in case I decide to call in the later months :)
Pretty early in the process? then what are you doing in here:confused:o_O This thread at the moment is only for those whom are counting every moment and are going mad for being kept in the dark :)

You can google how to call CIC.
Since I am in a good mood here it is,
Earlier we used to call +16139444000 but this number is suspended now. It might open for calls again, so try when you are ready, use google hangout or some similar app.
if this number is not working then you will have to call the canadian toll free number +18882422100. Calls from out side canada are not allowed to this number. so you will need to get a virtual canadian number. Use apps like textnow, textme for that

Good luck

Reactions: LuckyCent

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
what she mean by decision made .. is it like when everything is passed and the file is approved
Sorry, but I didn't get you. she did not say decision made, she said the final decision is not yet made

talk2allan

Dec 13, 2018
Mississauga
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
mississauga
NOC Code......
Hi All, Just Like everyone else, I am also waiting for PPR confirmation , Aor - 8-Feb and medical passed 23-Mar, after that there has been no update in the application. My application is with an agent, so he provide me with screen shots.
We did raised a Web form but got a standard reply. We have asked for GCMS notes on 28-Aug, awaiting for the same. Just out of curiosity, for the ones who has got their PPR request I have few questions and will appreciate for their response.

"Ghost update " Can it be seen on the profile or its just an email received.
If you receive the email ~ how much time it takes to update the status on profile.

Since we don't have the access can't really know what's happening