>>>>>>February 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

yaseerakapadia

Star Member
Jul 1, 2019
Hi All

My AOR: Feb 11
Inland applicant
VO: Ottawa

I was here on a student visa, converted to Post graduate work permit and my bridging work permit was refused for a very silly reason (they didn't receive additional fees requested on time - I submitted proof that I paid on time)
So now I am leaving the country as am running out of status. Do not want to apply for visitor status as I already spent 3 months without work though I have a job offer.
I was really hoping to receive PPR before I leave as, like most of you here, I completed 7 months and over a week. I could've saved on the air fare and the living arrangement I worked on for so long, for my son and me.(He is here with me as well, 8 years old :)
Wanted to save him from disruptions that come with so much back and forth.

So yes, I am winding up in Canada for now and will keep my fingers crossed so we can return and resume the life we built here :)
My prayers and lots of positive energy for all you guys as well...!!!
Congratulations to all who received PPR..!
If you haven't already experienced living in Canada, trust me you will love it. Especially the legal system, it impressed me the most.

Karime77

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
Oh so your eligibility and security has started or not yet?
Have u ordered GCMS notes?
I have the same AOR and almost the same timeline
I didn't order GCMS because I believe it is not that useful, except in some cases of complete silence for long terms, like 10 months with no updates. And I don't care about eligibility and security and other stuff. As per my immigration lawyer, paying the RPRF, after almost 6 months of procedding, means that you have passes eligibility, medical and security as well. I mean, your immigration file is approved !!! Then your file goes to the permanent Residency process, which is a separate thing. They usually screen the file to make sure nothing is wrong, and I have never seen a rejection at this step. All what we need is patience. Our file is coming on the way, we are in the queue. I am just concerned that the fact the we paied the RPRF upon request would delay our files but I believe it would be a matter of days, just the time to trigger the mail, pay the money, start reviewing the file again. Then it is given another BF date normally. What do you think

Reactions: Amit22

yaseerakapadia

Star Member
Jul 1, 2019
Hi All

Inland applicant

I was here on a student visa, converted to Post graduate work permit and my bridging work permit was refused for a very silly reason (they didn't receive additional fees requested on time - I submitted proof that I paid on time)
So now I am leaving the country as am running out of status. Do not want to apply for visitor status as I already spent 3 months without work though I have a job offer.
I was really hoping to receive PPR before I leave as, like most of you here, I completed 7 months and over a week. I could've saved on the air fare and the living arrangement I worked on for so long, for my son and me.(He is here with me as well, 8 years old :)

So yes, I am winding up in Canada for now and will keep my fingers crossed so we can return and resume the life we built here :)
If you haven't already experienced living in Canada, trust me you will love it. Especially the legal system, it impressed me the most.

Sorry forgot to mention the application status.
Called IRCC today

MEP: April 3
Criminality: In progress
Security: not started
Eligibility: In progress
No ghost updates

Was expecting a slight delay in the process as my application was based on one job offer and then I took up another job contract that also gave me a full time offer. There was change in job code and hence, eligibility would take time for analysis.

RayZh

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Sorry forgot to mention the application status.
Called IRCC today

MEP: April 3
Criminality: In progress
Security: not started
Eligibility: In progress
No ghost updates

Was expecting a slight delay in the process as my application was based on one job offer and then I took up another job contract that also gave me a full time offer. There was change in job code and hence, eligibility would take time for analysis.
Have you tried to apply Restoration of Status? Or raise an appeal through call center?
there will be a 250 additional fee for Restoration on the top of open work permit fee and you should be able to collect a refund of open work permit holder fee on your previous refused work permit application, if my memory serves my right.

If you have the receipt of the payment that you made for your application, i would suggest you to appeal which can be made through call center.
Please make sure that you actually paid 150 WP plus 100 something open WP holder fee in the first place, thus, they will have no reason to turn you down.

All the best!

Reactions: yaseerakapadia

bibi-hey

Star Member
Mar 1, 2019
Please very urgent!

I can’t find my previously filled schedule A and I have been asked to send another one.
I am a bit fuzzy on the dates and I dnt want to contradict myself.

What can I do. Anyone ever had this issue?

Aor Jan30
Medicals 13th March

RayZh

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Hi All

Inland applicant

People often underestimate how much impact a regular person can cause, for instance, call center agents. They may not have the authority to speed up the process of a case but surely they can call their supervisor whom is able to request an appeal and revise a false decision.

Explain your situation and how much impact you may have to suffer due to a mistake that was not made by you to an agent.
Sometimes, it works.
If not, apply for restoration ASAP as you have 90 days from the date you receive the refusal letter to send an application. You can still remain in CANADA until a decision has been made.
As for you financial situation, you may not be able to work during the restoration process but you know, there is always a way

Reactions: yaseerakapadia

RayZh

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Please very urgent!

I can’t find my previously filled schedule A and I have been asked to send another one.
I am a bit fuzzy on the dates and I dnt want to contradict myself.

What can I do. Anyone ever had this issue?

Aor Jan30
Medicals 13th March
there are usually stamps on your passport. Flight tickets are usually booked online and conformations in your email..
i heard that you can request a copy of your travel record through a government department, but it may take some time for them to get back to you.

Good luck!

bibi-hey

Star Member
Mar 1, 2019
there are usually stamps on your passport. Flight tickets are usually booked online and conformations in your email..
i heard that you can request a copy of your travel record through a government department, but it may take some time for them to get back to you.

Good luck!

I have the travel history ... it’s the address history that is the issue

nazgul86

Jul 31, 2018
AOR: 4th February here and just got a Ghost Update.. hoping to hear good news soon. even though I'm surprised since I ordered GCMS/CBSA notes around May and found out my wife (2nd applicant) was under Comprehensive Security Screening, which made me loose any hope to get any updates for a long time. Hopefully!

RayZh

Star Member
May 30, 2018
AOR: 4th February here and just got a Ghost Update.. hoping to hear good news soon. even though I'm surprised since I ordered GCMS/CBSA notes around May and found out my wife (2nd applicant) was under Comprehensive Security Screening, which made me loose any hope to get any updates for a long time. Hopefully!
Hope you will receive the Golden email by Monday, at least you know for sure is that someone is working on your file!
Could you please let us know when did the comprehensive security start?
They started my security check on mid July and it's still in process which is getting me worried whether they are going to perform a screening on me....if they did, hopefully it wouldn't be long as i have never been to anywhere other than Canada and my hometown nor associated with any political parties.

Thanks
All the best!

Karime77

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
How do you see the ghost update? It is an email from CIC that you application has been updated but when you log into your CIC you see no change ?

nazgul86

Jul 31, 2018
Hope you will receive the Golden email by Monday, at least you know for sure is that someone is working on your file!
Could you please let us know when did the comprehensive security start?
They started my security check on mid July and it's still in process which is getting me worried whether they are going to perform a screening on me....if they did, hopefully it wouldn't be long as i have never been to anywhere other than Canada and my hometown nor associated with any political parties.

Thanks
All the best!
Sure, from the CBSA notes I see that the SS should have started around May:

SUB ACTIVITIES 1:
Created date: 2019/05/23
Type: Security Screening
Security Screening Type (A34): Comprehensive

nazgul86

Jul 31, 2018
How do you see the ghost update? It is an email from CIC that you application has been updated but when you log into your CIC you see no change ?
I logged in randomly (I check pretty much every day) and saw that the current status of my application was "Application/profile updated". Then I checked and there were no updates as far as I could tell from last time. No e-mail.

Reactions: Karime77

RayZh

Star Member
May 30, 2018
The reason being why its called a ghost update is that you never see it coming, hence, there will be no message through your account or email.
You will see it when you logged into your online portal and under the status column, instead of submitted, it appears as updated.
However, there will be no visible change when you click into the application and status changes back to submitted when you go back to account home.

Reactions: Karime77

RayZh

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Sure, from the CBSA notes I see that the SS should have started around May:

SUB ACTIVITIES 1:
Created date: 2019/05/23
Type: Security Screening
Security Screening Type (A34): Comprehensive
This is a big relief as i heard that Security may take a while and yours only took 4 months which is a blast.

It seems like they may have got the feedback from CBSA and ready to finalize your application.
It's about time!!!!

Reactions: Bunny Thapar