FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Med's Done....
01-04-2019
You can call IRCC at +1 888-242-2100 using an app like Dingtone or Textnow. I personally used Textnow, I had to purchase a Canadian number for one month ($9.99). Since it's a toll free number you dont have to purchase any credits. I tried this yesterday and it worked like a magic. :)
I used fongo. But it doesn’t work in iOS.

lucasknm

Sep 18, 2018
Everyone are having status like mine?
----------------------------------------------
Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • March 6, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • Not applicable.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Jayprasath

Sep 10, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-02-2019
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
I thought textnow will give you only US numbers.
When I asked around, I was told to get a virtual Canadian Number. Is this the same?
It should be Textme and not Textnow, sorry my bad and yes it does function as a virtual Canadian number for you as well.

Reactions: RBV2909

Akirah waseem

May 18, 2017
Chennai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Med's Done....
01-04-2019
These are my milestones:

* Created profile in April 2018
* Waited almost a year to crack IELTS (10 attempts) to get exactly 441and not 438 because of that .5 marks lag in writing.
* Profile got rejected because of the sudden increase in required pof.
* Created a profile again in Jan
* Like many people got my ITA on 31st Jan
* Rushed and submitted all docs by 14 February 2019.(Like they would have processed my file within 90 days only if I had submitted it by 1st Feb. ‍♀How naive was I)
* Passed Medicals by 1st April 2019 and biometrics were done by 10th April 2019.
* Quit my job in May Day dreaming that my PR will arrive on a silver plate and I will be one among those who get their mails within 90 days.
* Lost access to my email ID and started raising web forms almost once in every 10 days to update the email ID. Spoke to numerous ircc agents over the time on why none of the web forms were being addressed.
* After I crossed the 6month timeline, used a completely irrelevant topic to raise a web form to update my mail Id, and also sent a mail to Ralph to help on the same. Voila the next day it was updated. Strange!
* First ghost update that I noticed probably - 7th Sept morning 3:30 AM IST
* I call IRCC on 9th September evening and it doesn’t connect through Global Affairs Canada, so called IRCC directly using Fongo and they said the file was APPROVED, but they don’t know when I would get the mail or it would get updated in the CIC account. Again ambiguity and suspense and the worst word in English lately - WAIT!!!
* After waiting for the mail till 3:30 AM, and dozing off, I woke up to the Ready to Visa mail in the morning at 5:21 AM giving a big sigh of relief.

Moral of the story like alllllll the others who have waited for long: If you know for sure there is nothing wrong with your file, hang on and plan on doing stuff that you have to do immediately after getting your PPR, because after that your brain kinda stops working and people like me go into anxiety mode or freeze mode. So use the time that you wait wisely by spending it as much as you can with your family and planning your future in Canada.

Anyways, the actual moral is, IRCC Is so damn unpredictable.

ankar

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
These are my milestones:

* Created profile in April 2018
* Waited almost a year to crack IELTS (10 attempts) to get exactly 441and not 438 because of that .5 marks lag in writing.
* Profile got rejected because of the sudden increase in required pof.
* Created a profile again in Jan
* Like many people got my ITA on 31st Jan
* Rushed and submitted all docs by 14 February 2019.(Like they would have processed my file within 90 days only if I had submitted it by 1st Feb. ‍♀How naive was I)
* Passed Medicals by 1st April 2019 and biometrics were done by 10th April 2019.
* Quit my job in May Day dreaming that my PR will arrive on a silver plate and I will be one among those who get their mails within 90 days.
* Lost access to my email ID and started raising web forms almost once in every 10 days to update the email ID. Spoke to numerous ircc agents over the time on why none of the web forms were being addressed.
* After I crossed the 6month timeline, used a completely irrelevant topic to raise a web form to update my mail Id, and also sent a mail to Ralph to help on the same. Voila the next day it was updated. Strange!
* First ghost update that I noticed probably - 7th Sept morning 3:30 AM IST
* I call IRCC on 9th September evening and it doesn’t connect through Global Affairs Canada, so called IRCC directly using Fongo and they said the file was APPROVED, but they don’t know when I would get the mail or it would get updated in the CIC account. Again ambiguity and suspense and the worst word in English lately - WAIT!!!
* After waiting for the mail till 3:30 AM, and dozing off, I woke up to the Ready to Visa mail in the morning at 5:21 AM giving a big sigh of relief.

Moral of the story like alllllll the others who have waited for long: If you know for sure there is nothing wrong with your file, hang on and plan on doing stuff that you have to do immediately after getting your PPR, because after that your brain kinda stops working and people like me go into anxiety mode or freeze mode. So use the time that you wait wisely by spending it as much as you can with your family and planning your future in Canada.

Anyways, the actual moral is, IRCC Is so damn unpredictable.
Congratulations! What was your VO?

Spotted

Nov 27, 2018
Kenya
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Passport Req..
26-09-2019
My thoughts exactly! Future applicants may have something to worry about, but certainly not the ones that are nearly there.. Worst case scenario, there might be some additional delays, but nothing detrimental to the immigration itself
Ya, but there are worries if citizenship criteria are tightened by the conservatives

Reactions: PrasadK

SKSV

Apr 8, 2019
Guys, just curious. What are the specifications of the photograph when they ask for the Passport?

@Spotted Damn!! Are they changing the length of the PR issued? And what worries are looming on the citizenship criteria?

Reactions: Spotted

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
Ya, but there are worries if citizenship criteria are tightened by the conservatives
One step and then the other.. it's a permanent residence so things could always change back and forth during our stay there. Politics will never be a stable platform but let's not let that render us unstable :)

Reactions: Spotted

manisandhu19

May 13, 2017
I got gcms 2-3 days back.. (generated date was 14th aug) according to them.. no activity took place after my biometrics. And i called cic a week ago.. she told me the same that eligibity and security not started yet. AOR 8th feb 2019. What to do? Any suggestions? I am totally freaked out.

Reactions: avarics

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Guys, just curious. What are the specifications of the photograph when they ask for the Passport?

@Spotted Damn!! Are they changing the length of the PR issued? And what worries are looming on the citizenship criteria?
I'll answer the first part, with the link to photo requirements from my PPR: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445eb-e.pdf

Summary: 2 photos, taken by a commercial photographer, 5x7 cm, face/shoulders centred in the photo, height of face between 3.1 and 3.5 cm, white background, taken within the last six months. The date and contact details of the photographer need to be written on the back of one photo.

My advice would be to use a ruler to verify all the dimensions. The photographer I used first really messed up on the centering and height (way too much whitespace on top) - so I sat down with them to make sure they did acceptable ones.

Reactions: SKSV

shubhamtapadar

Dec 11, 2018
united states of america
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-11-2018
Nomination.....
12-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-02-2019
Its PPR guys!!

FSW-O
Single Applicant
NOC:1122
ITA: 12th Dec 2018
AOR: 10th Feb 2019
MEP and BIL: 27th Mar 2019
No ADR
Ghost Update: 11th Sep 2019
PPR : 12th Sep 2019
VO - Ottawa

I had applied from US but came back to India in May. Ordered 4 sets of GCMS notes.Each took 25 ,35,60 days resp. Fourth one didnt come.Called them many times and raised web forms for address changes and general enquiry but got standard replies.

60% of my POF was as FD. Didn't provide liquidation letter. Provided a gift deed from my sister .

Wishing all good luck for their PPR!

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
Nothing yet unfortunately.. They're definitely very slow but let's not jump to conclusions and stay positive instead :)
Sydney is famous for being notoriously slow :(

Reactions: PrasadK

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
I thought it will go to september because, after the elections, the new team gets settled in and rules set by the new govt should become the routine for the team and it will take time.
My friend, the new government will not abolish everything the previous government was doing and start something new, at least not in every countries. According to reports neither liberals nor the conservatives will get a clear majority and most probably it is going to be coalition government. Even then all these parties are in favour of economic migration. With a shaky economy that can shatter any moment, no one with sense will do anything to a process that brings Canadian economy millions if not billions of dollars every year. Also, they are not going to stop working from next month to next year this time. Even if they change some regulation it will take them time to implement it, until then the current ones will stand.
Stop listening to people who enjoys spreading panic and be hopeful. You will get your PPR before the elections

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
It does not work that way. Canada made a commitment to allow certain number of immigrants via express entry till end of next year. They can't just halt everything for a new government to settle in. Changes can be made by the new government but not for current applicants or already committed programs.
Where in the world does a new government takes and year to settle?:confused:
How will that work? until they set in, no government systems will function in Canada?;)
Even now this newly introduced tech pilot program or something( No idea waht it is or how it functions), did they cancel EE to introduce that?
I wouldn't say it hasn't affected EE because things started getting very slow after they started issuing invitations for that.