Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
18-02-2019
I just called up the IRCC agent to know the status of my application, the lady said the eligibility is recommend passed... not sure if it means the background check is over or if it will begin after this.. I was stupid to not ask her this question, please advise.

Apologies, if you find it a repetitive question...

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

ankar

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
I just called up the IRCC agent to know the status of my application, the lady said the eligibility is recommend passed... not sure if it means the background check is over or if it will begin after this.. I was stupid to not ask her this question, please advise.

Thats good news. Whats your VO and AOR?

sheeponthetree

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019

the security part in background is always the last thing... if you are not in security screening. you are pretty close then, but if you are, you should give another half year to 1 year or even longer to it.

you need to order notes to confirm this, since if VO sent it to CBSA for Security Screening it is out of control of IRCC, they cannot tell you anything in details about security check that is in process.

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019

Eligibility recommended pass means the officer who reviewed your file accepts you are eligible for the program you applied for, However his senior has to double check it and accept the decision. Hence the recommended pass, once the senior officer accepts it, your eligibility will be given Pass.
For BG there are may steps such as criminality, security etc. You have to specifically ask them what is the status of these steps otherwise, they will just say BG in progress.
Its not possible to say whats your BG status by knowing your eligibility status.

curious_furious

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
18-02-2019
Eligibility recommended pass means the officer who reviewed your file accepts you are eligible for the program you applied for, However his senior has to double check it and accept the decision. Hence the recommended pass, once the senior officer accepts it, your eligibility will be given Pass.
For BG there are may steps such as criminality, security etc. You have to specifically ask them what is the status of these steps otherwise, they will just say BG in progress.
Its not possible to say whats your BG status by knowing your eligibility status.
The next time I call them , I should ask about my VO, criminality and security check status.. please let me know if i should add more questions

curious_furious

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
18-02-2019
Got a revert from Mr Goodale

Dear – I spoke to IRCC regarding your application received Feb 18, 2019. It is at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa.

Standard processing time is 6 months. This means 80% of routine applications are completed within that time frame, while 20% take longer.

Criminality passed.

Eligibility is in progress – recommend pass.

Security checks have not been initiated. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.

Medicals are valid until Jan 2020.

jaideepssingh

Nov 10, 2017
Called IRCC today, the agent suggested everything looks fine and in order, no review required. Processing office, Ottawa is experiencing "administrative delays" and your file is queued for a review.. not sure exactly what to make of it.. generic response i guess?

Reactions: adstarscream732

LTJL2010

Nov 5, 2017
Hey Guys

AOR 17 February 2019
3 days left to make 6months

So I spoke with a really awesome agent today. My total wait time was approximately 20mins.
She was as thorough as can be so I commended her.

She indicated that since I have 3 days left, she can not take any action (I am guessing- contacting an officer re: my application). She told me that I should call back mid September for an update. My application may take 7 months.

Note the following:
Eligibility: Recommended Passed
Medical: Passed
Criminality: Passed
Security: Not yet started.
She indicated that security will start only when my eligibility is confirmed as Passed.

Fingers crossed that I will have some good news soon. I hope this helps.

I am still in shock! I received that Golden Email tonight. I am in shock because I called last wednesday and was told that Security wasn't initiated and etc etc (see above). I received a G-mail stating ' Ready for Visa' with the information in the body of that email. When I logged in to GKey, my application status showed 'Updated'.

My passport office seems to be Kingston Jamaica and my NOC is 2123

Guys, I just implore you to keep an open mind. Read but know that each person's case is different so do not be too hard on yourself. What is for you can't pass you.

Once you have confidence in your submission, you will be okay. We will all be in Canada soon! I will update yall once I receive my Passport back. Until then, all the best.

ranjitrajkumar

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
I am still in shock! I received that Golden Email tonight. I am in shock because I called last wednesday and was told that Security wasn't initiated and etc etc (see above). I received a G-mail stating ' Ready for Visa' with the information in the body of that email. When I logged in to GKey, my application status showed 'Updated'.

Guys, I just implore you to keep an open mind. Read but know that each person's case is different. What is for you can't pass you.

Once you have confidence in your submission, you will be okay. We will all be in Canada soon! I will update yall once I receive my Passport back. Until then, all the best.
Congrats, and all the very best for your journey ahead. May your dreams come true!

Reactions: LTJL2010

lina_ballerina

May 17, 2018

Guys, I just implore you to keep an open mind. Read but know that each person's case is different so do not be too hard on yourself. What is for you can't pass you.

Congratulations!

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019

Congrats