+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
I am not aware of cit0520 however the agent himself told me that if normal processing time passed than the case become non routine. I googled non routine case and got freaked out
Which agent told you? You mean the officer at the interview ? That’s what I was told by the agent on phone at CIC call Center about cases not being called “non routine” anymore after 2015. Actually , if you search on Canada.ca site, they mentioned similar thing too as in if someone applied before 2015 and still hadn’t got the citizenship yet, it would’ve been considered non routine .

Every case and situation is different. Do not worry too much. That’s what I keep telling myself and others too. At the very least, we can keep renewing our PRs to get with our lives while waiting .

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Which agent told you? You mean the officer at the interview ? That’s what I was told by the agent on phone at CIC call Center about cases not being called “non routine” anymore after 2015. Actually , if you search on Canada.ca site, they mentioned similar thing too as in if someone applied before 2015 and still hadn’t got the citizenship yet, it would’ve been considered non routine .

Every case and situation is different. Do not worry too much. That’s what I keep telling myself and others too. At the very least, we can keep renewing our PRs to get with our lives while waiting .
That agent was obviously lying ( or didn't know what he/she was doing), the 'Non-routine' term is clearly listed on IRCC's website and Q&A section, also the recorded message when you call IRCC - before you get a live person, it always says 'if your application in non-routine, it will take longer to process, and you may contact us after 6 months (after being labeled as non-routine)...'

Reactions: meem

cgrewal

Mar 1, 2018
Took the oath today at Scarborough location. Took 14 months in total.

For those still waiting, all I can say is not to stress too much about timeline, some cases get processed faster. When I applied for pr, usual time line was 13 months. Most of my friends were getting pr in 3-4 months, I waited 21 months. It felt very unfair and my career came to a stand still. It definitely has affected my professional career but it's in the past now. Hang in there. Good luck.

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
That agent was obviously lying ( or didn't know what he/she was doing), the 'Non-routine' term is clearly listed on IRCC's website and Q&A section, also the recorded message when you call IRCC - before you get a live person, it always says 'if your application in non-routine, it will take longer to process, and you may contact us after 6 months (after being labeled as non-routine)...'

I don’t know about that. I saw that someone else in the forum who called CIC , was also told the same thing about the term non-routine not being used anymore after 2015.

But anyway, really wish everyone to be over with this waiting game .

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I don’t know about that. I saw that someone else in the forum who called CIC , was also told the same thing about the term non-routine not being used anymore after 2015.

But anyway, really wish everyone to be over with this waiting game .
You can call IRCC again and listen to the recorded message yourself- that message always plays before they let you continue on to your next “press 1”

Reactions: meem and k300k3

nsabbath

Jan 5, 2016
Can someone be kind enough to help me in this:

1- for section 11 most of my employers never had a physical office in the city/province I work and live so under section " Address of place of employment, study or other activity " I have put the address of the head offices, which were on my T4 and the under the section of "City" I have mentioned the city I work/live.

2- and if I am currently working for the company under the "To" ( date yyyy-mm) section I have written "PRESENT" or can I write "TO DATE" or should I put the signing date there.

Is it the right way to go about it.

An acknowledgment or correction (suggestion) will be highly appreciated.
Thanx

meem

Jun 13, 2012
BRAMPTON
Category........
App. Filed.......
07 feb 2018
Doc's Request.
12 Feb 2018
AOR Received.
19 March 2018

CIC Call center agent told me if the normal processing time passed then case may considered as non routine. Anyways, Thanks for kind words, I appreciate. Good luck to all, may our wait will be over soon.

Reactions: k300k3

Faith.13

Nov 26, 2018
Its been 3 weeks i passed my test and status shows decision made. No oath letter so far. How long does it take. Any idea?

wonderclicks

Nov 3, 2013
Mississauga
Hello Guys,

Finally received Test Invite today, my timeline is as follows.

> Received application on 8th Feb 2018
> In process 08th May 2018
> Test Invite 08th April 2019

For all those waiting, keep patience you will receive it soon.

Regards,
WC

sunnybh

Dec 11, 2017
Hello Guys,

Finally received Test Invite today, my timeline is as follows.

> Received application on 8th Feb 2018
> In process 08th May 2018
> Test Invite 08th April 2019

For all those waiting, keep patience you will receive it soon.

Regards,
WC
what is your test date and processing centre?

corbs

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2013
AOR Received.
02-04-2013
Med's Done....
20-12-2013
5 weeks since my test and DM. Tick tock.....

Mpraja

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
I called CIC on Monday and I was told that my back ground check was completed on March 26th and I am in queue for scheduling a test and after 8 days today, I got invite. This is just to give an idea of timeline to anybody whose background / criminal checks are completed....but of course as everyone says every case is different!!

Thanks for sharing

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Hi Members
I just got my AOR at 20.35 hrs. I am indebted and grateful to you all for encouraging me and supporting me. I pray to GOD for early AOR of all waiting for becoming future Citizen of Canada. I will never forget such help, guidance and opinion advice extended by you all. Thanks again.
Thanks to Admin for his contribution of keeping all of us in one thread.