+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

Ovaisyasin

Jul 21, 2018
Hello there all how are you guys?.. hope you all are doing great.. i have a question .. i got my oath invite for 2 FEB (saturday).. so my question is when should i apply passport and when i will receive it?.. i m in really hurry.. i have a flight on 8 feb to backhome..

mitul01

Mar 7, 2015
Brampton
Category........
CEC
Hello there all how are you guys?.. hope you all are doing great.. i have a question .. i got my oath invite for 2 FEB (saturday).. so my question is when should i apply passport and when i will receive it?.. i m in really hurry.. i have a flight on 8 feb to backhome..
You might be eligible to apply for your passport on 4th ,, apply for urgent passport which will cost you double the fees as per my knowledge but you will get it within 24 hours

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
Just an update. Applied for mom citizenship on Feb 28, 2018. Received test invite for Feb 06, 2019. Cic told her that her file was in Mississauga but the test is in Scarborough. Hope everyone waiting get their test date soon :)

hasanrasheed

Mar 1, 2013
one of my friend applied from Ajax in june 2018 and he got test invite for jan, we applied from Mississauga in feb 2018 and no test date yet

nave.g

Feb 23, 2018
Hello fellow group members,

First of all Happy New Year! Its has been a long wait but finally we got our invitation for the Oath ceremony in Mississauga on Jan 23rd. Please see updates from ECAS below:

Admin - please update tracker with this information on row # 63, ID: nave.g
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 23, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 19, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on May 4, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on June 27, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 27, 2018. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on January 8, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on January 23, 2019. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Cheers.

Thunderbird77

Dec 31, 2013
Took my oath today (Jan 19, 2019) at Mississauga.
All assembled inside the building. A staff member asked all the guests to go inside the court room and sit, and asked candidates to wait in a queue. The invite letter and PR Card were checked. Then another staff member took the PR card and asked candidates to sit in the numbered seats.
Please note that the seat number is mentioned in your invite letter itself.
Judge came in. Gave a speech. Candidates took oath repeating judge. Collected the citizenship certificates from judge. Took photos.
Ceremony over.

Reactions: Mpraja

SunnyWays

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Took my oath today (Jan 19, 2019) at Mississauga.
All assembled inside the building. A staff member asked all the guests to go inside the court room and sit, and asked candidates to wait in a queue. The invite letter and PR Card were checked. Then another staff member took the PR card and asked candidates to sit in the numbered seats.
Please note that the seat number is mentioned in your invite letter itself.
Judge came in. Gave a speech. Candidates took oath repeating judge. Collected the citizenship certificates from judge. Took photos.
Ceremony over.
hi congratz,
so u said seat number is mentioned on oath letter, may i know where to look for the seat number?

Ovaisyasin

Jul 21, 2018
Hello there all, i have a question regarding passport application .. these is a column (5) in the application to provide DOCUMENTS TO SUPPORT IDENTITY
May i know what 2 documents do i need to provide?..
Thanks in advance

wo403

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
I absolutely agree, one can become really obsessed and impatient seeing other applications progress. And unless it's an emergency, one should really take a step back and let the process run its course.

OP, here are my details:

Applied for C: Jan 31, 2018
App type: Single
Received: Feb 7, 2018
AOR: Mar 4, 2018
Process started: Apr 27, 2018
FR request: Aug 17, 2018
FR sent: Sept 6, 2018

Well, but it's not entirely wrong though; a good majority of applications do in fact get done and over with within 12 months. There can be a number of reasons why any stage of the application process takes so long to complete, and only speculating about why it's taking so long without any real reason is only going to hurt your brain in the end. Someone here on the forums had waited 15 MONTHS for their test invite- and they just got it yesterday or the day before; yet this person could do nothing to speed up the process. There's been a huge push lately on this forum to suddenly "lawyer up" when it takes over 12 months to receive the test invitation. While I agree that it absolutely sucks to not get it yet, we should still remember that the applications on the spreadsheet is probably not even 5% of the applications they actually receive. I think a lot of people should cool off and step away from the forum for a while.

cafefr33

May 21, 2018
Please update:

Test/interview: Jan.8, passed 20/20
DM: Jan.10
Oath letter date: Jan.21
Oath ceremony: Feb.8

Cheers.

crazyberns

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-07-2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
07-09-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
It didn't say...
Med's Request
09-12-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
30-05-2014
Hey guys,

I just had my oath-taking this morning. Finally a Canadian Citizen! Whew!

Please see timeline below:
  1. Test invite letter received on October 16, 2018
  2. Took the test on November 14, 2018 at Surrey IRCC office and got 19/20
  3. DM on November 28, 2018
  4. Oath of Citizenship letter received on December 28, 2018
  5. Oath-taking on January 21, 2019
By the way, as per the February 2018 tracker I got the IRCC office wrong, my bad. Please update it to Surrey instead.

Also, I got all correspondence via email if that's important.

Good luck to all those who are still waiting, hang in there and you'll be next!

Cheers!

Last edited:

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
I absolutely agree, one can become really obsessed and impatient seeing other applications progress. And unless it's an emergency, one should really take a step back and let the process run its course.

OP, here are my details:

Applied for C: Jan 31, 2018
App type: Single
Received: Feb 7, 2018
AOR: Mar 4, 2018
Process started: Apr 27, 2018
FR request: Aug 17, 2018
FR sent: Sept 6, 2018
Totally agree. There is no point in obsessing about individual timelines. My application is also one of the slow ones, but in the end, if you are a PR and live in Canada, some extra months as a PR instead of a Citizen won't make that big of a difference. An exception, as you say, would be urgent cases where citizenship is directly needed for something.

While I don't obsess over my individual timeline, I'm kind of meta-annoyed :) What I mean is that I find it truly mind-boggling that IRCC is unable to handle this in a more timely manner. I don't doubt that the vast majority of people in the IRCC admin are doing a good job and trying their best, time-wise. I think that they are just terribly understaffed, particularly in large cities.

So I'm not particularly annoyed about my application being a slower one. I'm more annoyed about the baseline/average. So in some way, if I were the only slow one, whatever. But so many slow ones, seriously?