+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

Lindsy77

Jan 12, 2018
Hello everyone,
I just got reply from our MP office about the processing of our citizenship application
The replied back that:
  • The criminality verifications are currently valid.
  • The security verifications are currently valid.
  • The immigration verifications are currently valid.
Does that mean we are close to get our oath ceremony invitation?
our time line is in my signature
Thanks

SG89

Dec 10, 2018
I had applied for my sons proof of citizenship last year October. I received. Letter from CPC on May 9th for a DNA testing to confirm paternity, which I did and got the result on June 4th. Since my son is in Bangladesh, we have sent the result to CPC Sydney on June 6th, 2018. Today is June 20th and I see no updates on the web form. Does anyone know or have experience as to how long before they can confirm citizenship????
Hello
I had applied for my sons proof of citizenship last year October. I received. Letter from CPC on May 9th for a DNA testing to confirm paternity, which I did and got the result on June 4th. Since my son is in Bangladesh, we have sent the result to CPC Sydney on June 6th, 2018. Today is June 20th and I see no updates on the web form. Does anyone know or have experience as to how long before they can confirm citizenship????
Hello can you please shed some light on how your case went.....My son was included on a sponsorship application and CIC informed us that we had to apply for proof of citizenship ( imagine we had an immigration lawyer who prepared our documents)
Now I have PPR and have send my passport to visa office for COPR. We applied in March for Proof of citizenship and acknowledgement was received in May and have now received request for Paternity DNA. ..please advise how long the process takes after the DNA is done and if anyone can advise if there is anyway our child can travel with me after I receive COPR.

vania

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Bulgaria
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
25.11.13 new Schedule A
AOR Received.
27.08.13/ from VO 30.01.14
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
June 2013/4.11.14
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Finally, test invite- January 10th.

But I received invite only for me, not for my son who was 17 at the time I send documents. I know that he is not required to write the test, but need to attend the interview. What should I do?

Nino79

Nov 27, 2018
Is there a way to contact immigration office regarding citizenship directly here in Edmonton?
2 months left to a full year for citizenship.Test passed in August.Still no oath ceremony

SideshowLoki

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
London, ON
LANDED..........
11-27-2007
Just checked ecas today after a few days... says Decision made, no other communication so far.
Updated.
Finally, test invite- January 10th.

But I received invite only for me, not for my son who was 17 at the time I send documents. I know that he is not required to write the test, but need to attend the interview. What should I do?
Update was already done, but way to go and good luck!

Just got oath invite today. The ceremony is on January 18th, finally the last step is here. Wish you all the best luck!
Update already done! Good luck!

Is there a way to contact immigration office regarding citizenship directly here in Edmonton?
2 months left to a full year for citizenship.Test passed in August.Still no oath ceremony
Hey, be glad you even did the test! I've been in process since May 1st and I STILL haven't gotten the test invite. You're almost there, just be patient a little longer!

jenniannet

Jun 3, 2018
I hear your frustrations as we were in the same boat. We sat the exam August 17th and finally have our ceremony next week in Edmonton. We even had an mp involved but immigration wont do anything while its still within the 12 month time frame so we just had to wait. Even though others who sat the test after us had already had their ceremony dates.

Nino79

Nov 27, 2018
I hear your frustrations as we were in the same boat. We sat the exam August 17th and finally have our ceremony next week in Edmonton. We even had an mp involved but immigration wont do anything while its still within the 12 month time frame so we just had to wait. Even though others who sat the test after us had already had their ceremony dates.
Hi,did your 12 months expired or is it close ?My 12 months is in February 23-rd.

Ovaisyasin

Jul 21, 2018
Hello there all, anyone know how can i contact to mp office in Toronto?.. what is the process to contact them?.. i m from Toronto, Feb 2018 applicant .. did my test my Aug and got decision made .. and just waiting for the oath.. i m planning to travel backhome in the end of January.. so trying to get oath before that.. i called call centre and they said they cant do anything, i have to contact to local visa office directly!

andywendy

Oct 4, 2015
I did my test on December 6th and I passed it . I checked the CIC portal and it changed to decision made . How long does it take to get the oath ceremony invite after this . I did my test in Surrey BC .

Thanks.