Mar 15, 2018
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
LANDED..........
01-08-2010
Thanks for the reply. Are there any issues involved if one has to sell the property as a Canadian citizen and repatriate the money here in Canada legally? I have less knowledge on this subject.
There is no issue in selling property in India even after becoming Canadain citizen. You can even buy property in India other than agriculture land after becoming Canadian citizen. Income tax liability in Canada also will be the same if you are a PR or a citizen. But the buyer has to withold 20% amount of sale consideration. To lower the tax withholding rate considering the double taxation avoidance treaty you need to obtain tax residency certificate from CRA in Canada and to Income tax department for lower rate of tax deduction by the buyer by submitting the agreement to sale and actual capital gain computation to your Income tax juridictional offier in India.

Reactions: samsk2018

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
Hello,

We recently received our citizenship test invites and will take the test next Monday (July 9). According to our online status, a new line was added as below

We sent you a notice on June 14, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 9, 2018 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

Basically it says we will receive the notice by mail, which is our official confirmation. If not, contact them. Now it's already July 4th, and we haven't received the mail yet. Tried to reach CIC by calling them, but no success.

Are we going to receive an invite by mail or the email attachment is sufficient enough to attend the test?

Thank you for any response!
Hey there, please wait for your mail (via post) and if you don't receive it by July 8th just take a printout of your email test invite and explain that you haven't received the mail as of date! If they haven't mailed you the letter with enough consideration for postal delays, its definitely on them and they would understand :)

Good luck!

Kal

AXMMS

Jan 13, 2014
Hey there, please wait for your mail (via post) and if you don't receive it by July 8th just take a printout of your email test invite and explain that you haven't received the mail as of date! If they haven't mailed you the letter with enough consideration for postal delays, its definitely on them and they would understand :)

Good luck!

Kal
Thank you, Kai!

Reactions: kaladhar

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013
Hi All,

How many types of checks are done during processing of citizenship processing?
And which organizations are responsible for doing these checks?

Appreciate your feedback in advance!

samsk2018

Star Member
Jun 18, 2018
hi all,
can we make a list of documents we need to carry on the exam day. do we need to carry the documents for the minors as well?
Please add to the list. great thanks

1. all passports in the last 5 years
2. Original PR card
3. landing papers
4. Driving license for id
5. health Card as an id

samsk2018

Star Member
Jun 18, 2018
There is no issue in selling property in India even after becoming Canadain citizen. You can even buy property in India other than agriculture land after becoming Canadian citizen. Income tax liability in Canada also will be the same if you are a PR or a citizen. But the buyer has to withold 20% amount of sale consideration. To lower the tax withholding rate considering the double taxation avoidance treaty you need to obtain tax residency certificate from CRA in Canada and to Income tax department for lower rate of tax deduction by the buyer by submitting the agreement to sale and actual capital gain computation to your Income tax juridictional offier in India.
thanks for the details. I ll dig in more.

samsk2018

Star Member
Jun 18, 2018
I hope to get my test date soon! My friend who applied on March got the first to received her test date on July 18. Me who is a month earlier than her still waiting for my test date. But I do believe each cases are different just praying to get mine too so I can travel outside the country. Gonna be my 5th month on 5th of July. ☹☹☹
look the invite is case by case. If the things are pretty clear and straight forward its quicker. also the area from where you apply has lot to determine.

samsk2018

Star Member
Jun 18, 2018
Hello Friends, I and my family received invitation to Canadian Citizenship Ceremony to take an oath.
Oath Letter Date: July 4, 2018
Oath Ceremony: July 13, 2018
I hope everyone receives their IP, TI, DM and Oath ceremony soon. Goodluck!
congrats

op120365

Jun 4, 2018
Update for the spreadsheet. I Received my test invitation yesterday (July 4th) to appear on July 26th. Happy and nervous :D

kia99

Feb 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
Nomination.....
10-09-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2013
File Transfer...
05-04-2013; In Process: 05-04-2013; RPRF Fees paid: 05-04-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2013
Med's Done....
14-01-2013, Meds Delivered - 24-01-2013
Passport Req..
28-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
13-07-2013
Hello Admin - can you please add me to the spreadsheet?

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 26, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 21, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on May 10, 2018.
  4. Applied from Mississauga
On a side note, I think Mississauga applications are taking longer; just checked the Jan 2018 applicants and some with processing dates in January are yet to receive test invite. That's 6 months waiting; so I would think I wouldnt receive an invite for test before October. Anyone else observed this?

sam439

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
india
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2013
AOR Received.
16-09-2013
File Transfer...
26-10-2013
Med's Request
04-02-2014
Med's Done....
12-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2014
LANDED..........
Will be by April 2014
Woohoo! Congratulations are in order for you and the family!
Pack your camera and take lots of pics! ;)

Kal
Thanks Kal. Very much Excited.

Reactions: kaladhar